Author Topic: Zip.ca  (Read 3404 times)

Touti

Zip.ca
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:26:45 AM »
About a year ago I bought a subscription to Zip.ca for my mother.  For those who don't know it, it's one of those online rental services where you create a list of DVDs you'd like to watch, they ship so many at a time depending on your plan and when your return them they send you something else from your list.

They also sell DVDs on their web site and my Mom has ordered twice.  The first there was no problem except some screw up with dates as she ordered on the 5th, my credit card was charged on the 6th, the DVD was shipped on the 7th and the invoice date is also the 5th so my credit card was charged 1 day before the invoice date....no big deal.

Her 2nd order however did not go as well.  She placed in on April 16, my credit card was charged the same day but the DVD hasn't been shipped yet.  We received an order confirmation via email but the order and the invoice do not appear in my account on their web site.  Their help section about buying DVDs says that "Depending on the availability of the title, your order will be processed and shipped to you within a day or two.".  We've inquired about this and they keep giving us the same answer, shipping may take 2-3 weeks.  I have 2 questions about this.

1. Am I right to believe their statement isn't clear and should state that DVDs will ship within a day or two if in stock, or within 2-3 weeks if not.

2. Have you ever seen an online store that charges your credit card BEFORE shipping.  I've bought DVDs and many other things from many online store and I have never seen that before.

RossRoy

Re: Zip.ca
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:48:07 AM »
1. Am I right to believe their statement isn't clear and should state that DVDs will ship within a day or two if in stock, or within 2-3 weeks if not.
Well I don't know. From what you've quoted, I would have taken the "Depending on availability" bit, to actually mean "If we have it in stock". But then, it's reallly vague, and I think it's probably intentional.

2. Have you ever seen an online store that charges your credit card BEFORE shipping.  I've bought DVDs and many other things from many online store and I have never seen that before.
Yeah ... but you're not going to like the name I'm going to give you  ..... DVDSoon  :-\

Touti

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:54:40 AM »
Well I don't know. From what you've quoted, I would have taken the "Depending on availability" bit, to actually mean "If we have it in stock". But then, it's reallly vague, and I think it's probably intentional.

I reviewed the history of my Mom's inquiry, the confusion comes from that the 1st time, she was told that the dvd had been shipped on the 15th and that if she doesn't receive it within 6 working days she should contact them.  After 8 days she did just that and the very same persone told her it can take 2-3 weeks so my mother thought they meant it can take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive afte being shipped.  And I still don't like that I can't view the order and the invoice since it has been paid, regardless of wether it is shipped or not.

DVDSoon  :-\

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................... Not the "D" naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame !!!!!!!!!

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:19 AM »
Typical customer "service". Say one thing one time, and the opposite a few days later.  :-\

As for the order not showing, I'd be concerned too.

Touti

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:09:29 AM »
And on top of that I think it is the only copy of the invoice available to you, you don't get one by email, unless my Mom received it the first time and forgot to forward it to me.

Touti

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »
Problem resolved.  They finally understood that it made no sense that I had been charged but the order/invoice wouldn't appear on the web site so they checked with their supplier, confirmed that it was never shipped and refunded my credit card.

This is the first real problem we've had with them, my mom still loves it.  They could improve their web site and communications in french but it's not real bad.

Edward Karlinski

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 06:11:46 AM »
About a year ago I bought a subscription to Zip.ca for my mother.  For those who don't know it, it's one of those online rental services where you create a list of DVDs you'd like to watch, they ship so many at a time depending on your plan and when your return them they send you something else from your list.

They also sell DVDs on their web site and my Mom has ordered twice.  The first there was no problem except some screw up with dates as she ordered on the 5th, my credit card was charged on the 6th, the DVD was shipped on the 7th and the invoice date is also the 5th so my credit card was charged 1 day before the invoice date....no big deal.

Her 2nd order however did not go as well.  She placed in on April 16, my credit card was charged the same day but the DVD hasn't been shipped yet.  We received an order confirmation via email but the order and the invoice do not appear in my account on their web site.  Their help section about buying DVDs says that "Depending on the availability of the title, your order will be processed and shipped to you within a day or two.".  We've inquired about this and they keep giving us the same answer, shipping may take 2-3 weeks.  I have 2 questions about this.

I would steer clear of this company. Most online DVD stores only charge one's credit card when the item has been picked up by the courier.

tylerkorbels

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 07:49:59 AM »
Good to know that the problem was solved. I have been using dvdlink.ca since past few months but never faced such problems.