Author Topic: [SPOILER] Inception - Discussion  (Read 15874 times)

Najemikon

Re: [SPOILER] Inception - Discussion
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »
I think the weight of Adriane's totem was supposed to be important.  I think I read somewhere that she was changing the weight of it in the one scene we see it..when she is using that machine thing.  Though I could be wrong.

I think with the load die the one guy used, it was supposed to always land on the same number.  I'm thinking he might have let Adriane see it..but he wouldn't let her touch it.

Yes, absolutely the weight was important and there was a scene with her tooling it. The loaded die is clever, because it meant it couldn't fall on anything else. If she touched it, she would know straight away which number was weighted and then it would be ruined. Just as Cobb asks to see her new totem and she won't let him, which shows Cobb she is learning.

I thought you meant earlier that her totem couldn't fall over if it was in a dream. It definitely would fall, but she'd know if it fell correctly.

So yeah, story of my life. Movies I love are usually not so well-received by others. Not here.

:laugh: Well, I hope you hang around! Have a wander and comment where you like. Don't worry if a thread is old either. The nature of what we do, like the reviews, are always relevant.