Author Topic: Inspector Gadget  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Inspector Gadget
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
Inspector Gadget

Wowser! Disney's 'Inspector Gadget' turbocharges to life in a wild and quriky adventure comedy with a thousand moving parts!

During a daring rescue attempt, John Brown (Matthew Broderick), a naive and clueless security guard, experiences the wrath of the evil Dr. Claw (Rupert Everett) and is left clinging to life. Jumping at the chance to put her robotics expertise to the test, the brilliant Dr. Brenda Bradford (Joely Fisher) transforms him into Inspector Gadget - the ultimate crime-fighting tool! And Gadget is going to need every techno-trick up his cyber-sleeve to defeat the ruthless Claw - before Claw reduces our hero to spare parts and wreaks havoc on the world!

Non-stop action, seamless special effects and a gazillion gizmos make 'Inspector Gadget' a hilarious techno-thrill ride the whole family will watch over and over.

My Thoughts

I've seen the cartoon of Inspector Gadget, though it has been a while.  From what I remember, the cartoon wasn't as dark as the movie is.  There is a murder within the first few minutes of the movie and some other questionable things for a family friendly movie.  The villain, Sanford Scolex, is effective as a villain.  John, the man who becomes Inspector Gadget, is nice enough, but he seems a bit dumber than the version of the character in the cartoon.  The plot is sort of interesting, though it isn't that strong.  Most of what happens is silly or downright stupid.  Some of the silly things work all right, though others are just too silly.  I'm thinking the movie would have worked better if it had been animated instead of live action.  Even with the plot issues, I did think the movie managed to be entertaining overall.

There really isn't any mystery to what is going on since it is clear right from the beginning that Scolex is up to no good.  It would have been nice if there had been an attempt to add some mystery to what was going on.  That probably would have made the movie more entertaining.  There is violence in a few scenes, most of which is rather mild.  John is interested in Brenda, though not much tied to that comes out in the movie, so there isn't any romance either.  The characters are fine, though none of them are developed enough to be really interesting.  The cast does ok with what they have to work with.

I did get a review posted at Epinions if anyone is interested.

Inspector Gadget