Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's September Birthday Marathon  (Read 32024 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2DVD's September Birthday Marathon
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
Thanks ;D
She sure was the best looking woman (and also the most talented) to appear in this serie

She was great in Sunday Lovers a romantic-comedy anthology who is sadly not available anywhere on dvd.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
NCIS: The First Season
YANKEE WHITE
Original Airdate: 9/23/2003
A Navy commander carrying the "football" on Air Force One collapses mid-flight and dies.

My Thoughts:
I watching this today in honor of Mark Harmon's birthday. This is a start of an awesome series.  I have been hooked since day one... when this episode first aired. I really enjoyed every one of the main characters from the very first episode. There is not many shows you can say that about. I also really liked how they introduced  Kate. And Gibbs... he is just a trip! I don't know what I would call his type of humor... sarcastic don't seem to fit it right... but what ever you would call it... it is another thing that brings me back episode after episode. In this episode there is an elaborate plan to try to kill the president on Air Force One.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Second Season
The Griffin Equivalency
When People names Raj one of the “30 Under 30 to Watch,” watch out.  The honor goes straight to his head.

My Thoughts:
I watched this for Charlie Sheen's birthday. Once again it is an extremely small role. Just one short line. But hey... it is an excuse to watch an episode of this hilarious sitcom.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
Friends: Season 9: Disc Three
The One with the Mugging
To impress a pompous fellow actor during an audition, Joey develops an unusual acting method. Ross is horrified to discover who mugged him when he was a child.

My Thoughts:
This one is under the list for Phil Lewis. Another small part... but a fun episode. Had to laugh over the whole mugging storyline.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete Second Season
Top Copy (2/19/95)
"Clark Kent is Superman!" A hotshot television journalist, who's also an assassin for Intergang, discovers Clark's secret identity...and reveals it on nationwide TV.

My Thoughts:
I watched this one today in the honor of Raquel Welch's birthday. She plays the reporter that discovers that Clark is Superman. It is a very good episode. I enjoyed it a lot.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
Of course, you could have just turned your TV on and waited for one of her Foster Grant sunglasses commercials  :tv:  This reminds me I should order Hannie Caulder which came out recently.  I think it may be her only western I don't have yet  :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

Title: Payback
Year: 1999
Director: Brian Helgeland
Rating: R
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Mel Gibson
Gregg Henry
Maria Bello
David Paymer
Bill Duke
Deborah Kara Unger

Plot:
Mel Gibson "gives one of his strongest performances,"** teaming with director and co-screenwriter Brian Helgeland (co-writer of L.A. Confidential) and a superb supporting cast to ignite Payback's explosive mix of story, stars and style.

The dynamic superstar portrays Porter, a career criminal bent on revenge after his partners in a street heist pump metal into him and take off with his $70,000 cut. Bad move, thugs. Because if you plan to double-cross Porter, you'd better make sure he's dead. Porter resurfaces, wading into a lurid urban underworld of syndicate kingpins, cops on the take, sniveling informants and deadly gangs. Porter wants his money back. And the way he sets out to get it assures that, from beginning to heartpounding end, Payback pays off big.

**Philip Wuntch, Dallas Morning News

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I decided to watch this one today in honor of William Devane's birthday. This is the first time I ever seen this movie. While not a bad movie... I was expecting more from it.  I would say it is more of an average movie in my opinion. I just found I really didn't care much about the characters. And found myself watching the clock. I mean sure it had plenty of action. But I just couldn't get myself to care about what was going on. Maybe it was just that I wasn't in the mood for this type of movie and I would like it more on a second viewing.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
Shame, I like Payback. I much prefer the Director's Cut (subtitled "Straight Up"), but it's a throwback to 70s action thrillers. Were you expecting more of a Lethal Weapon mould? If so, give it another chance one day and you might enjoy it more now you know what to expect.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
Could be... I do like him in those movies.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
I will join you somewhat. Each day I will look if I have a movie which fits and I am in the mood for, provided I have time to watch a full movie. I will not make a dedicated thread but will post in my random review thread.

I still haven't participated in this marathon's theme  :bag:
With the FantasyFilmFest and my current (still on-going) urge for the "The Office" marathon I haven't had time to watch anything else.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
I really haven't done as much as I thought I would with it. I thought I would watch between 3 and 5 per day on it... here I barely been able to do one per day so far.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
I was just about to pop in the first episode of Season 4 of Charmed when I thought that there is those that may see Charmed as a horror series. Though I personally always seen it more of a fantasy series. (in more ways then one  :drooling: )

So what do you say... is Charmed a horror series? :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »
So what do you say... is Charmed a horror series? :P

Course it's horror! You've got monsters, witches (sexy witches, but witches nonetheless).. isn't there even an episode with Vampires in it?

So yeah, it's horror.

(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
I know what you are saying... it just never felt like a horror series to me. But that could be because I was always too busy drooling over the girls to think about it!  :drooling:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 11:01:11 PM »
But that could be because I was always too busy drooling over the girls to think about it!  :drooling:

:laugh: Yeah, I know..

Even some supposed monsters looked quite gorgeous in the series.