Author Topic: Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:30:02 AM »

Top secret groups of cats and dogs must work together to stop the evil Kitty Galore from taking over the world.

My Thoughts

I really wasn't interested in seeing this one when I first saw the previews.  I saw the first Cats & Dogs movie years ago.  It was ok, but not a favorite.  Even though I wasn't wanting to see the movie, I ended up going.  It turned out to be better than I expected.

First, I was pleasantly surprised by a new Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoon that played before the movie.  I had no clue that one had been made.  I've loved the Looney Tunes characters for years, so seeing a new one, on the big screen, made it worth going to the movie for me.  The animation was CG instead of hand drawn, so that may turn some fans of the characters off.  They did look slightly off because of that, but it was still clearly Wile and Road Runner.  The cartoon is really cute and has Wile attempting again to catch Road Runner with a slightly modern method.  Of course things go wrong in hilarious ways.

The cartoon - and movie - were shown in 3D in some theaters.  I saw the normal 2D version.  I don't think I missed anything my not seeing the movie in 3D, though it would have been interesting to see the cartoon in 3D.

The plot is clearly influenced by the James Bond movies.  Children probably won't pick up on all those references like adults will.  The plot is fairly simple, but it still manages to be entertaining overall.  Yes it is rather silly, but it works.  Some of what happens is cute.  The animals can talk and if a human happens to be around, they will be able to hear them too.  There are funny moments, but there are too many gross jokes.  The humor definitely could have been better. 

The main characters are the animals, with humans having very limited roles.  None of the characters are developed much.  The voices are fine, though nothing special for the most part.

The movie is silly, but it ends up working overall as a fun, mostly cute movie.  It isn't going to appeal to a lot of people though.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

snowcat

Re: Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »
Im incredibly surprised!

...I thought the first one was absolutely terrible... and was planning on avoiding this one... but im intrigued now... Nice review marie!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:17 AM »
I didn't like the first one that much either and I really didn't have high expectations for it, but I ended up enjoying it overall.  It is really silly and it has issues, but I thought it was entertaining.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
Cats & Dogs was one of my favorite movies. I thought it looked good by the previews, so if its anything like the original I guess I wanna see it! :)

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »
I know some cat owners who got upset at the first movie because the cats were the villains  :laugh:  I enjoyed it for what it was, a clever action film.  I especially liked the Russian Blue using a Russian accent and having lots of James Bond-type weapons.  I haven't seen this new one.  I'll probably wait for the DVD.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 04:05:48 AM »
The main villain is still a cat, though some other cats are involved that aren't evil.
I just think its a cute movie.

kahless

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 06:41:14 AM »
I'll wait for the blu ray. According to amazon.de the release date is Dec 13th. So far no release date for UK and US.