Author Topic: Nights in Rodanthe  (Read 2077 times)

hal9g

Nights in Rodanthe
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »

Title: Nights in Rodanthe
Year: 2008
Director: George C. Wolfe
Rating: PG-13
Length: 97 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Richard Gere
Diane Lane
Christopher Meloni
Viola Davis
Becky Ann Baker

Plot:
The stars of Unfaithful rekindle their screen chemistry in this rich tale of hearts awakenings based on a bestseller by Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook, Message In A Bottle). Richard Gere is Paul, a surgeon who long ago unwittingly traded career for family. Diane Lane is Adrienne, a devoted mother trying to move on after her husband’s infidelity and struggling with his desire to return to their marriage. At a remote inn on the Outer Banks, Paul and Adrienne expect to do some serious soul-searching. But an approaching storm forces each to turn to the other for strength, setting the stage for a life-resonating romance.

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Music Videos
BD-Live

My Thoughts:
Great performances by both Gere and Lane pull at the heartstrings in this romantic escapade.  A fairly well-known basic plot with some interesting variations, but a pretty predictable ending.  The setting on the outer banks of North Carolina is quite breathtaking and the final scene quite moving in both imagery and symbolism.  I can’t say as I’ve ever seen it go from partly cloudy to full-scale hurricane in the span of ten minutes, but I guess poetic license leaves room for almost anything (and yes, I have gone through several hurricanes).  Definitely a “chick flick” for those that really enjoy them.  Ranks up there almost as high as An Affair To Remember:whistle:

Rating: