Author Topic: Perfect Stranger  (Read 2095 times)

hal9g

Perfect Stranger
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:04:57 AM »

Title: Perfect Stranger
Year: 2007
Director: James Foley
Rating: R
Length: 109 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: PCM: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Halle Berry
Bruce Willis
Giovanni Ribisi
Richard Portnow
Gary Dourdan

Plot:
When her friend's affair with married ad exec Harrison Hill (Bruce Willis) ends in the woman's murder, investigative reporter Rowena Price (Halle Berry) vows to bring the killer to justice. Suspecting Hill of the crime, she goes undercover by posing as two highly alluring women: Katherine, a sexy temp who works within his agency, and Veronica, a seductive temptress he chats up online.

Engaging in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse, both Rowena and Hill begin to realize things may not be what they seem. For some people will go to great lengths to protect their secrets, even if it means risking everything.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I must admit that I did not figure this murder mystery out until the end.  Lots of “potential” suspects throughout as the plot unfolds.  A good story, great acting and plenty of suspense keeps you interested from beginning to end.  True to reality, there are no “nice” people in any of the main roles, so you won’t really want to “get into anyone’s skin” which gives you a slightly different perspective than most mysteries.  Halle Berry and Giovanni Ribisi were excellent in their roles, but I really didn’t care for Willis in this movie.  His constant smirking just started to bother me after awhile.  He was just a bit too smug, especially since his wife and lesbian administrative assistant were supposed to be watching him like a hawk.
It was entertaining and interesting.  A keeper.

Rating: