Author Topic: Monday Mini-Marathon: Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock  (Read 16558 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Mini-Marathon: Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »
Hey Pete I found another Sandra Bullock DVD: Who Shot Pat: UPC 619543001634.

I don't know if its any good - I haven't even opened it yet! :laugh: I'll watch it tonight and send it with the others if you want it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
I would definitely take it! But I would hate to if you watch and like it. So just let me know. Thanks! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »
I think I remember something about that movie (Who Shot Pat)... wasn't that based on a character from Saturday Night Live or something like that? No one knew if Pat was male of female... something like that? or am I thinking of something completely different?
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »
I sent you a pm  :whistle:

Here's what the overview says: "Sandra Bullock ("While You Were Sleeping", "Speed") stars in a wistful story set during the late 1950s. This nostalgic drama portrays the lives and adventures of a group of Brooklyn high-schoolers. Big trouble starts when random gunfire wounds one of the teenagers. The rest of the group now goes in search of the scoundrel doing the shooting".

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »
Going by the overview... it is definitely not what I was thinking! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 02:22:28 AM »
The Blind Side is great.  Sandra is so good in it.  I have seen Hope Floats, and I liked it.  Two if By Sea is ok, though not great.

I did see All About Steve and I don't think it is that bad.  It isn't great, but definitely not as bad as some have said.  Her character is a bit kooky, but there are some cute moments in it.  Mary is a bit of a stalker, but the story ends up working.  It was promoted all wrong.

Oh I just remembered.  All About Steve has started showing on HBO.  One day last week it was on..I saw a few minutes before I did something else.  So check HBO..and maybe the On Demand thing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 06:20:33 AM »
Thanks for the info!

All All About Steve is on HBO On-Demand!  :thumbup:

I will be getting The Blind Side because of a generous soul on Invelos!  :thumbup:

Special note:
I seem to be having a lot of trouble with this site right now. The site keeps timing out on me every few seconds... matter of fact I hope I can get this post to go through!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 07:15:46 AM »
I'm glad I remembered seeing it on HBO last week.

Najemikon

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
Thanks for the info!

All All About Steve is on HBO On-Demand!  :thumbup:

I will be getting The Blind Side because of a generous soul on Invelos!  :thumbup:

Special note:
I seem to be having a lot of trouble with this site right now. The site keeps timing out on me every few seconds... matter of fact I hope I can get this post to go through!

I occasionally have the time out, but never while posting, only while refreshing. If it does it when you hit the "Post" button, just click 'back' and try it again.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 03:48:50 PM »

Title: All About Steve
Year: 2009
Director: Phil Traill
Rating: PG-13
Length: 99 Min.

Stars:
Sandra Bullock
Thomas Haden Church
Bradley Cooper
Ken Jeong
DJ Qualls

Plot:
Convinced that a CCN cameraman is her true love, an eccentric crossword puzzler trails him as he travels all over the country, hoping to convince him that they belong together.

My Thoughts:
Starting off with one not even on my list. Since this one is on HBO On-Demand  I thought I would start with something I never seen before. When I first seen the trailer for this movie I really wasn't interested in seeing it. I just didn't like how Sandra Bullock's character appeared to be. After watching it I discovered it was better then I was expecting... but definitely not a favorite movie of hers for me. While I could see myself getting it.... I would have to get it cheap.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »

Title: Demolition Man
Year: 1993
Director: Marco Brambilla
Rating: R
Length: 115 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Sylvester Stallone
Wesley Snipes
Sandra Bullock
Nigel Hawthorne
Benjamin Bratt
Bob Gunton

Plot:
Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes go at it amid a dazzling cyber-future in this explosive hit. In 2032 archcriminal Simon Phoenix (Snipes) awakens from a 35-year deep freeze in CryoPrison to find a serene, non-violent Los Angeles ready for the taking. Unable to deal with Phoenix's brutal 1990s style, officials seek an old-fashioned cop to fight old-fashioned crime. They revive Sgt. John Spartan (Stallone), unjustly serving a CryoPrison sentence because of his last encounter with Phoenix. Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt (TV's Law and Order) also uphold the law in this "terrific mix of action and humor" (Joel Siegel, Good Morning America/ABC-TV).

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the first movie I became aware of Sandra Bullock in. To me this is just a fun movie... it is a good mixture of comedy and action. A movie I have enjoyed watching countless times. Sure it is far fetched... pretty much have to suspend believability... but I think as long as you can do that you can definitely enjoy this movie. I thought Sandra Bullock was hilarious in this movie,,, but of course Stallone and Snipes were also good.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »
You can just replace the review link for that one!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »

Title: The Proposal
Year: 2009
Director: Anne Fletcher
Length: 108 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Sandra Bullock
Ryan Reynolds
Mary Steenburgen
Craig T. Nelson
Betty White
Denis O'Hare

Plot:
Sandra Bullock is at her funniest in the fresh, laugh-out-loud romantic comedy The Proposal. On the verge of being deported and losing the high-powered job she lives for, the controlling Margaret announces she's engaged to her unsuspecting, put-upon assistant Andrew (Ryan Reynolds). After proposing a few demands of his own, the mismatched couple heads to Alaska where they have four short days to convince his quirky family and a very skeptical immigration agent that their charade is real. Featuring a star-studded supporting cast, including Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson and the delightfully inappropriate Betty White, this madcap comedy will have you saying "yes" to The Proposal again and again.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the second time I watched this movie since I bought it earlier this year. I enjoy this one very much. It helps that I am a fan of both Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I think the funniest scene in the entire movie was the shower/running into each other naked scene. Basically the only scene I actually laughed at in the movie. But I do believe a romantic comedy isn't so much about actual laugh out loud moments. More about a lighthearted look at falling in love. Sure... the ending is predictable. But once again I believe that is to be expected with romantic comedies as they are not about the ending... going in we expect the ending... it is about the journey of how they get to that point. Over-all looking at this movie I just find a fun story. I enjoyed both Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds in this one. Though I do think they wasted the talents of Betty White. They could have done a better job on her character. Though it was kinda funny seeing her dancing and chanting in the woods.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »

Title: Miss Congeniality: Deluxe Edition
Year: 2000
Director: Donald Petrie
Length: 110 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Sandra Bullock
Michael Caine
Benjamin Bratt
Candice Bergen
William Shatner
Ernie Hudson

Plot:
Legs waxed. Lips glossed. Gun ready. Special Agent Gracie Hart is going undercover as a hopeful eager to be the next Miss United States. But Gracie doesn't have a beauty-pageant bone in her body.

Sandra Bullock stars as an operative posing as a pageant contestant in order to ferret out a terrorist targeting the event. Michael Caine deliciously plays the frustrated consultant hired to turn Dirty Harriet into a poised beauty. And Benjamin Bratt, Candice Bergen, William Shatner and Ernie Hudson also score points for hilarity in this box-office smash. From big laughs to sly quips, Miss Congeniality hits.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Interactive Games
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have seen this movie get not so great reviews on the net... but I have to say... it is one of my favorite Sandra Bullock movies. I have watched it countless times. I find this movie to just be pure fun. There is several parts of this movie that I literally laughed out loud on. Sandra Bullock really has a great style in this movie. Shows that she can really hold her own when it comes to comedy.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 12:36:19 AM »
Okay Pete - I have good news and (maybe) bad news. The bad news is I can't find Crash. I might have lent it to my eldest niece - I'll check when I go there either Tuesday or Wednesday.

What I do have for you:

Hangmen: UPC 096009-010232
Speed 2: 024543-043997
A Time to Kill: UPC 085391-431725. It says it is "letterbox" Widescreen.
The Lake House: UPC 012569-736726

I'll mail everything out later in the week.

I came across this while looking to see if anyone had reviewed Hangmen.  I am confused, Kathy...I thought you were sending Hanggmen to Pete...yet you mailed it to me in the batch I got today!  Did you have more than one copy?  Or did Pete hate it so much he sent it back and then you palmed it off on me?  :hysterical:  I glanced at Amazon where (among the customer reviews) one said it was the worst movie he'd seen in his life!  And another said the picture was extremely poor.  Maybe I should watch this one first...get the worst out of the way first?