Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Just for Laughs  (Read 13868 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Just for Laughs
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

Title: Two Weeks Notice: Widescreen Edition
Year: 2002
Director: Marc Lawrence
Rating: PG-13
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Sandra Bullock
Hugh Grant
Alicia Witt
Dana Ivey
Robert Klein
Heather Burns

Plot:
Attorney Lucy Kelson wants to save the world. Instead, she's choosing ties and interviewing prospective girlfriends for her handsome and hapless billionaire boss George Wade. Is this why she got a Harvard Law degree? Lucy's fed up, so she submits her notice. But Wade – with an assist from Cupid – has other plans.

Written and directed by Marc Lawrence (Miss Congeniality). Two Weeks Notice is "sweet, sexy, sassy fun!" (Bill Bregoli, Westwood One).

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one I enjoyed quite a bit... but then I did always enjoy Sandra Bullock movies. Matter of fact... if it wasn't for being a Sandra Bullock movie I would have never given this one a chance as I never liked Hugh Grant movies. There is just something about him that has always bugged me. Out of almost 2,000 DVD releases this is the only movie I have with him in it. And while that is still true for this one.... he doesn't bother me as much as usual here. I thought he did a fine job and the character while kinda stupid was likable. Of course Sandra Bullock was great as usual. And the story is fun.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
The above is another one you can just replace the link for.  :thumbup:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
Sandra Bullock again? Just how much Sandra Bullock can a single man handle?  :slaphead:
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
Only if I had the chance to handle her!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »
What a load of Bullocks...  :tomato:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 04:10:32 PM »
Oh come on Jon... I know you can do better then that! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »
Comedy Break
The Red Skelton Show
Episode Title: City Dump
Year: 1960
Length: 25min.

Cast:
Red Skelton
Vincent Price
Jackie Coogan

Plot:
Freddie the Freeloader and his pal (Jackie Coogan) find an original Leonardo da Vinci painting at the city dump. An unscrupulous art dealer (Vincent Price) tries to swindle them out of it.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I never seen before. He was one of my mother's favorites and this is from her collection. Maybe I just tried the wrong one to start with. But I just wasn't too impressed with it. Even though I really like both the guests on this episode. First of all... as I said many time before... I have become a big fan of Vincent Price. So it was fun to see him in something other then his normal movies. Then there is Jackie Coogan who I knew I recognized but couldn't put my finger on it.  After the episode I looked it up and it turns out that he was Uncle Fester on The Adams Family. Now maybe it was just the episode I picked... or maybe the bit of a bad mood I was in when I watched it. But this show just didn't impress me. And I must say... I hated how it all started with a musical number. It was mildly entertaining... but not laugh worthy.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 11:22:32 PM »

Title: Space Jam
Year: 1996
Director: Joe Pytka
Rating: PG
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Michael Jordan
Wayne Knight
Theresa Randle
Manner 'Mooky' Washington
Eric Gordon
Penny Bae Bridges

Plot:
His Airness and His Hareness: what a team! Michael Jordan slams, Bugs Bunny jams and a cavalcade of Looney Tunes stars hoop it up in Space Jam, the rim-rattlin' animated/live-action roundball romp from Hollywood talents who refuse to let their imaginations be earthbound.
The jokes fly and the fun never stops as the Tune Squad takes on the Nerdlucks in a hardcourt game to decide if the Looney Tunes remain here...or become attractions at a far-off galactic off-ramp called Moron Mountain. The Nerdlucks have a monstrous secret weapon on their side: they've stolen the skills of top NBA stars like Charles Barkeley and Patrick Ewing and become Monstars. But that's not all, folks. The Tune Squad also has a secret weapon. And he just happens to be the finest player in this or any other universe. He's outta this world. So's the fun.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I haven't seen in years. Matter of fact I haven't seen anything with the Loony Toons since Brittany was just a toddler. And she is 14 now. Watching this today was Brittany's choice. She just got home from spending a few days at her grandmother's house and wanted to watch something with me. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a cute movie. Better then I was remember it being. It has a few decent laughs in it. I am glad we watched this one today.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
For some reason I am just not in the mood for movies today... so I will cut this one short. And will be spending most my free time watching episodes of I Love Lucy (Another kick I been on lately).
Pete