Author Topic: Dragonfire88's Alphabet Marathon  (Read 30307 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonfire88's Alphabet Marathon
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 08:10:58 AM »
I just remembered something that may explain a few things ...at least with Rogen.
He's admitted that he smokes pot a lot.  Maybe he's been stoned when he's done some of his stuff that he thinks is funny but isn't.
Wouldn't still be the director at fault...?

I never so much thought of him as an actor than as a character who appears in many movies. He is still kind of the same as the guy in Freaks & Geeks :shrugs:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
True.
Heck..maybe they were all stoned.   :laugh:

I haven't been that impressed with is ..acting really. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 08:22:42 AM »
He's admitted that he smokes pot a lot.  Maybe he's been stoned when he's done some of his stuff that he thinks is funny but isn't.
Smocking pot doesn't make you think you are funny... At least it wasn't for me, when I've stop most of the time that makes me paranoid (a pretty good reason to stop, the last time I've passed an entire evening hidden in a bathroom scared and angry because in my head everyone at a party was against me :laugh:). Before it turns this way smoking was just relaxing... I've never understood what happens to go from a relaxing pleasant effect to a not fun crazy insane paranoid stage effect :shrug:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »
I don't know...just an idea I had.  I saw one movie he was in on cable where the character is stoned for just about all the movie...and he was acting like an idiot and found all sorts of nonsense funny.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
Marie don't trust movies on that... Just an exemple in Blood Freak smocking pot transform you as a giant turkey craving for addict blood :laugh:

But some of my friends acted like idiots on pot, not doing joke but doing the ""retard"" laughing wich became annoying really fast :voodoo:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »
Ok.  Though I do think he's killed off a few too many brain cells. :laugh:

Oh..and by the way.

I'M FINISHED....Wooohooo.

Just finished the last movie, Family Plot..which also finishes my Hitchcock Marathon.
Review will be coming in a few days probably.

So now I have officially finished the alphabet marathon - and pretty much on time really - plus I finally finished up the Bond and Hitchcock marathons at the same time.

Najemikon

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »
It's a shame Hitchcock never made a Bond film, because that would have been a very neat ending. ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
That's true.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

You know Ken Jeong who plays the Doctor in Knocked Up? I thought he was great in the two minutes he is in it. Watching the extras though, I discover he is a novice. Fair enough. But he really thinks he is brilliant and so does everyone else! There must be 20 minutes of him doing one bloody scene, and everyone is falling about laughing at his improv genius. Really put me off him. He is in The Hangover too and it is hilarious when he jumps out the boot, but then they extend his role and I can see right through him. Useless, big headed "actor" who for some reason has been surrounded by "yes" men, clearly, or am I missing something?

I didn't really like him in Knocked Up..I thought his character was a jerk.  I think I'm glad I didn't see those extras.  That would have turned me off the movie even more.  That improv stuff they do gets old really fast.  He was funny in The Hangover when he jumped out of the trunk...not so much when he turned up again later.  There is some extra that just has more of him doing basically the same thing over and over.  If I remember right, I turned it off pretty quick.  I think it was more of a fluke that 40 Year Old Virgin took off like it did.  Since then, he's just been doing more of the same stuff, with a lot of the same actors who are not as funny as they all think they are.

Ken Jeong, I thought was pretty good in the film The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (which no one else seems to have seen)