Author Topic: Marvel Movie Marathon  (Read 17509 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Movie Marathon
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »

Title: The Incredible Hulk: 3-Disc Special Edition
Year: 2008
Director: Louis Leterrier
Rating: PG-13
Length: 112 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Edward Norton
Liv Tyler
Tim Roth
William Hurt
Tim Blake Nelson
Ty Burrell

Plot:
Academy Award® nominee Edward Norton stars as scientist Bruce Banner, a man who has been living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote to the unbridled force of rage within him: the Hulk. But when the military masterminds who dream of exploiting his powers force him back to civilization, he finds himself coming face to face with his most formidable foe: the Abomination - a nightmarish beast of pure aggression whose powers match the Hulk's own!

Also starring Liv Tyler, Oscar® nominee Tim Roth, and Oscar® winner William Hurt, The Incredible Hulk is "steeped in action and spectacular special effects" (Claudia Puig, USA Today) and delivers a mind-blowing final showdown that can only be summed up with one word... INCREDIBLE!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
After watching this movie I can say... Finally, an Incredible Hulk movie that is worthy of the title! It seems like everything the first Hulk movie did wrong this one did right. The story is ten times better... the special effects are much better... as are the actors. The fight between The Hulk and Abomination  was great... lasted just long enough. Some of these movies tend to extend that final fight longer then it should be.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:32:04 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »
I do get what you mean, this is more fun, but The Hulk was a better and more ambitious film overall. I was frustrated because this went so far the other way; don't you think it would have been better without the absurd military getting stuck in immediately? There's already enough of a reason for Banner to Hulk-out, but they send those as well, it was absolutely overkill. They didn't need the silly reason to find him. You've been watching the series... I missed the poignancy that always delivered so neatly. This was just an action film and nothing more.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
Oh yeah... the closer to the series it would have been the more I would have liked it. Before either movie that series is all I knew The Hulk from as I didn't read the comics and never watched much of the cartoons. I found the second movie a little closer to the feel of the series. But if they would have done it exactly like the series there would have been a good change the movie would have gotten a 5 star rating from me.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 04:11:57 AM »
Based on a book I have about Hulk, the military going after him has been one of the ...consistent elements in the comics.  General Ross is always mixed up in it somehow.

When I watched Hulk again, I liked it better than I did the first time..though the ending stuff and what went on with Bruce's dad was just nuts and wrong on so many levels.  The newer one is much better..and I liked Edward Norton in the part too. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »

Title: Doctor Strange
Year: 2007
Director: Jay Oliva
Length: 76 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Bryce Johnson
Paul Nakauchi
Kevin Michael Richardson
Michael Yama
Susan Spano
Jonathan Adams

Plot:
Peel back the layers of reality and behold a stunning realm hidden beneath. One of magic and wonder. Of sorcery and enchantment. Of ancient spells, secret doors and remarkable heroes who protect us from evil. Because this is also a world of dark mysticism, malevolent forces and unspeakable horrors. And within the shadows around us, a supernatural war is waged. But the balance is shifting. Darkness is winning. Yet there is hope...

Join us as Dr. Stephen Strange embarks on a wondrous journey to the heights of a Tibetan mountain, where he seeks healing at the feet of the mysterious Ancient One. But before his wounds can mend, Strange must first let go of his painful past and awaken a gift granted to very few. The gift of magic.

Empowered as the new Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange now tests his limits, rising up against monsters that push at the gates, facing the most terrifying entity humankind has ever known.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the second time I watched this movie since I bought it Just about 4 or 5 months ago. Doctor Strange has a different feel then most Marvel animated movies. But it isn't a bad thing... just different. Before this movie I really didn't know much about the character other then seeing him in an episode or two of the Spider-Man cartoons. It is an interesting and entertaining story. I would definitely like to see more on this character.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

Title: Iron Man: Ultimate 2-Disc Edition
Year: 2008
Director: Jon Favreau
Length: 126 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Robert Downey, Jr.
Terrence Howard
Jeff Bridges
Gwyneth Paltrow
Leslie Bibb
Shaun Toub

Plot:
Lift off with high-speed, high-flying action in this Ultimate 2-disc Edition that takes you inside the suit of Marvel's invincible superhero for the ultimate Iron Man experience!

After surviving an unexpected attack in enemy territory, jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark builds a high-tech suit of armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, Iron Man is a hero who is built - not born - to be unlike any other!

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Robert Downey Jr screentest

My Thoughts:
Iron Man was always one of my favorites growing up. I used to watch the cartoons all the time. But until this movie I never really seen an origin story for him.  And I must say I enjoyed every minute of it! This is my second time watching the movie since I got the DVD. And I loved it just as much this time as I did the first. I will admit I was concerned when I first heard that Robert Downey, Jr. got the roll of Tony Stark/Iron Man.... since even though he is a decent enough actor... he never really impressed me all that much. But I must admit... I really liked him in this movie. He seemed to nail the role for me. Sure there was some things that was really unbelievable in the storyline... like being able to create the suit he did in captivity... without the captors being any the wiser about it. But you know... I really didn't mind it. It worked for me. For anyone watching the movie for the first time... or may have missed it when you did watch the movie. Look for a final scene after the end credits role... very cool!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:27:08 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete