Author Topic: Marvel Movie Marathon  (Read 17510 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Marvel Movie Marathon
« on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:36 PM »
Marvel Movie Marathon
As you all know I am doing a marathon of The Incredible Hulk and I was thinking about how I could tie that in with this weekend's marathon. The first thing I did was check to see how many movies I have that The Hulk at least appears in. And that number... while larger then I realized... I didn't feel was large enough for a marathon. So then I checked how many movies I had to choose from within the Marvel universe. That is where I found I had enough choices for a decent marathon.

I decided to put this post up today as I felt I may want to watch a movie or two tomorrow... which is earlier then normal. Below is a list of Marvel movies I have to watch... if there is any you would like to see reviewed just say so... though in this case I already reviewed most... if not all the movies below.

My Marvel Movies
1. Blade
2. Blade 2
3. Blade Trinity
4. Daredevil
5. Doctor Strange
6. Elektra
7. Fantastic 4
8. Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
9. Ghost Rider
10. Hulk
11. Hulk vs Thor
12. Hulk vs Wolverine
13. The Incredible Hulk
14. The Invincible Iron Man
15. Iron Man
16. Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
17. Spider-Man
18. Spider-Man 2
19. Spider-Man 3
20. Ultimate Avengers: The Movie
21. Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther
22. X-Men
23. X2: X-Men Unite
24. X-Men: The Last Stand
25. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Movie Marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »
I can't find a really bad movie to make you watch or something you haven't reviewed yet :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:01 AM »
 :laugh: That is ok... I will just have to update the old reviews with the extra info. Some of my old reviews don't even have a rating let alone all the technical info I get from the DVD Profiler HTML window I use. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:57 AM »
Of course if you ask Brittany... there is always Spider-Man 3!  :laugh: Wonder if I can get her to watch it with me!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 12:48:33 AM »
Never watch it. Surprisingly I have the first two, but I've heard so many bad things about the last one that I was not tempted. Maybe I will buy it some day just to complete the set if I find it for sale at 1 or 2$ at amazon.ca marketplace :-\

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 12:51:47 AM »
It was definitely the worse of the bunch... and I only watched it the one time... but I remember enjoying it still. Well it was better then War of the Robots anyway!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »
The Sorority is better than War of the Robots :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »
 :laugh: Well... that is debatable... but maybe!  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
Spider-Man 3 is the worst of the Spider-Man movies.  Too much was crammed into it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »
Oh I agree it was the worst of them... I only ever watched it the once but I believe I still enjoyed it. I am kind of curios about watching it again to see how accurate my memory on it is. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 02:58:40 AM »
I did like it overall too.
I'm thinking I got more annoyed with it when I watched it again.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »

Title: Spider-Man: Widescreen Special Edition
Year: 2002
Director: Sam Raimi
Rating: PG-13
Length: 121 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Tobey Maguire
Willem Dafoe
Kirsten Dunst
James Franco
Cliff Robertson
Rosemary Harris

Plot:
From Columbia Pictures Presents, A Marvel Enterprises/Laura Ziskin Production, Spider-Man is a live-action feature of one of the world's most popular comic book superheroes. Directed by Sam Raimi, Spider-Man centers on student Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) who, after being bitten by a genetically-altered spider, gains superhuman strength and the spider-like ability to cling to any surface. He vows to use his abilities to fight crime, coming to understand the words of his beloved Uncle Ben: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Interactive Games
Music Videos
Outtakes/Bloopers
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned
Screen Tests.

My Thoughts:
I remember the first time I saw this movie. Since Spider-Man has been my favorite superhero since I was a kid (I know kind of ironic what with me having a bad case of arachnophobia) it is one of the few movies I bothered to go see at the theater when it was first released. I remember initially being disappointed with his web coming from his wrist instead of the webshooters that he created in the cartoons and such I grew up on. But shortly into the movie I decided that I liked the idea of how the movie does it even better then the way I grew up knowing it to be. I thought the choice of Toby Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man was very good... he did a great job with the role. I have watched this movie many times since I got the dvd... and still enjoy it just as much as I did the first time.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:07:13 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
Jimmy... like with most of these you can just switch the link... as this one is more detailed.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 04:31:06 PM »

Title: Spider-Man 2: Widescreen Special Edition
Year: 2004
Director: Sam Raimi
Rating: PG-13
Length: 127 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Trivia

Stars:
Tobey Maguire
Kirsten Dunst
James Franco
Alfred Molina
Rosemary Harris
J. K. Simmons

Plot:
Two years have passed since the mild-mannered Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) walked away from his longtime love Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) and decided to take the road to responsibility as Spider-Man. Peter must face new challenges as he struggles to cope with "the gift and the curse" of his powers while balancing his dual identities as the elusive superhero Spider-Man and life as a college student. The relationships Peter holds most dear are now in danger of unraveling as he clashes with the powerful, multi-tentacled villain Doctor Octopus aka "Doc Ock" (Alfred Molina).

Peter's life-long yearning for M.J. becomes even stronger as he fights the impulse to abandon his secret life and declare his love. In the meantime, M.J. has moved on with her life. She has embarked on an acting career and has a new man in her life. Peter's relationship with his best friend Harry Osborn (James Franco) has been overshadowed by Harry's growing vendetta against Spider-Man, whom he holds responsible for his father's death.

Peter's life becomes even more complicated when he is pitted against the powerful new nemesis, "Doc Ock." Peter must now learn to accept his fate and harness all his superhero talents in order to stop this diabolical madman in his octagonal tracks.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Multi-angle
Music Videos
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned
Trivia Track

My Thoughts:
Even though I still enjoyed this movie very much... I never cared for it as much as the first one.... almost... but not as much. I don't like the whole storyline of Peter Parker loosing his ability for a while. I don't like that so many people got to see Spider-Man without his mask on... which is something that I hate about all the Spider-Man movies. The only person that I can accept seeing him without his mask is Mary Jane. To me that felt right. But Doc Ock, Harry and the train full of people shouldn't have happened. Well maybe Harry as it was really needed for the storyline. But that is it. Even though they never said it in the movie... you also get the feeling that Aunt May also knows about Peter being Spider-Man. I did however really enjoy seeing him go up against Doc Ock. I thought they did a good job with him. I also like that we see Professor Connor. It is a shame they didn't let The Lizard be one of the supervillians in any of the Spider-Man movies... I always liked him.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
Once again Jimmy... you can just change the link for Spider-Man 2. :)
Pete