Author Topic: Dead Heat.... Mini-Review  (Read 1746 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Dead Heat.... Mini-Review
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »

Dead Heat (1988)
Violent criminals who can't be killed are shooting up Los Angeles, and the investigation leads LAPD detectives Roger Mortis ('Treat Williams') and Doug Bigelow ('Joe Piscopo') to a mysterious pharmaceutical firm. But when Mortis is suddenly murdered, his coroner girlfriend and loose cannon partner discover the company's 'resurrection machine' that turns Roger into the walking dead. Now the department's most unstoppable cops must battle zombie hit men, a butcher shop gone berserk and the deceased industrialist (the legendary 'Vincent Price' in one of his final film roles) who may hold the key to it all. But can Mortis solve his own homicide case before he completely decomposes?

'Darren McGavin' (THE NIGHT STALKER), 'Lindsay Frost' (THE RING) and 'Keye Luke' (GREMLINS) co-star in this wild combination of explosive action thriller and gory zombie comedy directed by 'Mark Goldblatt' (THE PUNISHER) and featuring grisly make-up effects and monsters by 'Steve Johnson' (SPECIES).

My Thoughts:
This a movie I seen long time ago... when it first came out.. so we are talking almost 20 years ago! So obviously I remember almost none of it... just remember that I did enjoy it at the time. Watching this one... I got thinking I haven't seen anything of Joe Piscopo in a long time... makes me wonder whatever happened to him. checking him out on IMDB shows he is still around... nothing listed for is year though. But he hasn't really done anything I have seen since this movie.... also made me realize that I mostly knew him from his stand up routine more then from his acting career.

A nice surprise for me on this movie was the fact that it has Vincent Price in it. And I am a huge Vincent Price fan... I absolutely love his classic horror movies. I still really enjoyed this movie... it had a nice subtle mixture of comedy, horror and action. I think it worked well. The DVD has a good selection of extras as well... we got a Commentary Track, Trailer, Deleted Scenes, MIFED Promo, Original Electronic Press Kit, Poster/Still Gallery, Original Storyboard Art, Original Screenplay (DVD-Rom). This is a great release for a very good movie.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Heat.... Mini-Review
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »
Glad you liked it! (as it was somewhat of a recommendation of mine...) :thumbup:

Not sure where you found the subtlety in it, but hey, perception can be different :laugh:

It certainly is a great funny action flick, with zombies. They would really have to make it a longshot to go wrong with that formula :devil:

Lithurge

Re: Dead Heat.... Mini-Review
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »
Adds title to wishlist.

Curse you  :voodoo:

:laugh: