Author Topic: Primal Fear  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Primal Fear
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
Primal Fear

Guilty? Innocent? Those questions aren't for high-powered Chicago attorney Martin Vail (Richard Gere) to decide. His job is to defend - especially if a case will put his name in the headlines and further his career.

When Vail hears that a penniless altar boy (Edward Norton) is accused of murdering the local archbishop, he snaps up the case, eager for the media spotlight. Little does he know that it will uncover a viper's nest of corruption, pit him against a prosecutor (Laura Linney) who's his ex-lover, and test all his skill, judgment and even his win-at-any-cost attitude.

My Thoughts

I first saw this one several years ago after it was out to rent.  The plot is very interesting and I think there are a good number of surprises, one or two of which really shocked me the first time I saw the movie.  The movie does have a slightly slower pace, though it isn't so slow that things get boring.  The movie is very interesting and entertaining and I think it has a good amount of suspense.  I think it has held up well and it still works as a good thriller.  The characters are interesting, each with enough little quirks or issues to make them more believable.  The cast is wonderful, especially Edward Norton.  He is absolutely amazing as Aaron.  I can see why he received so many award nominations and won some too.  I think he should have gotten the Oscar too. 

I really like this movie and think it is one of the better thrillers that I've seen.  it is definitely worth watching.

I did get a review posted at Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

Primal Fear

Alien Redrum

Re: Primal Fear
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:39 PM »
This is one of those few instances where the movie is better than the book (IMO). This is mostly due to Norton's break out performance, I think.

Touti

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:50 PM »
It is a very good movie.  I've seen it twice and really like it both times.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
This is in my unwatched pile... maybe I should pull it out this weekend.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
You definitely should Pete...it's wonderful.

I have read the book too.  I read it after I saw the movie.  I also read the 2 other books with Martin Vail.  I liked all of them.