Author Topic: Axel Music  (Read 9218 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Axel Music
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »
No, it seems to be a consistent amount, though they prefer you to use Canadian dollars for some reason. They give you more of those points... :hmmmm:
Well, if they give you more points, it's actually indirectly cheaper, innit?

But I checked and couldn't confirm :shrug: No matter what currency I chose, the points stayed the same. Maybe it depends on the titles?

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 01:13:21 AM »
Well I shop in GBP and when I come to checkout it offers US or CAD, and under CAD it says something about 20% more points. Never really paid too much attention though...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:23 AM »
Well I shop in GBP and when I come to checkout it offers US or CAD, and under CAD it says something about 20% more points. Never really paid too much attention though...
Oh, so maybe they add the points wholesale during checkout. Will have to pay attention next time.

Kinoniki

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
I've never seen that behaviour but then I always select US dollars...

They seem to award (and charge) points randomly, it doesn't correlate directly to the price of the product (at least not to any system I've figured out).

Another bonus is that they often ship pre-orders early, sometimes several weeks ahead of the official release date.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
It happened often with the Code Red releases, maybe I will try them someday. But I like the amazon pre-order warranty, the free shipping, their good prices and the fact I don't have to pay before the order is ready to go (not to mention that I like to give a % of my purchase to Karsten for our forum ;)).

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 10:02:55 PM »
I like the amazon pre-order warranty

Just FYI, Axel has that, too:
If an item reduces in price between the time you placed the order (and therefore paid for it in full) and the time it ships, we will automatically send you an email containing a voucher for the difference at the time of SHIPPING. The voucher will be equal to the difference between the price you paid - in the currency you chose - including shipping and the current price including shipping.

If an item increases in price (or postage) between the time you placed the order and the time it ships, no changes will be made to the order.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
I know but it's a voucher, not the same thing since you must order something else... This is why it's a big negative to be charged before a pre-order is ready to go. Diabolik DVD is smaller than them and they don't do that, wich is the reason why I use them often for my US purchases.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
You dislike vouchers because you have to shop there again. And that's why you buy often from Diabolik. But if you buy often then it doesn't really matter, does it...?  ???

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
It's the principle : if you don't charge before an order is ready to go, you don't have to do a refund (vouchers or CC). Make a costumer pay before an order is bad commercial practice, I've never heard of a webstore who charge the CC for a pre-order (and I won't buy from those also). Sorry but sometimes you have to wait more than 3 months for a pre-order and I don't see the logic at letting anyone doing interest with my money while I got nothing in my hand...

It's the way I see it that's all, no big deal if you are happy with that but I ain't that's why I shop at other places :shrug:
Really are we supposed to all agree on everything...

Kinoniki

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »
No, it seems to be a consistent amount, though they prefer you to use Canadian dollars for some reason. They give you more of those points... :hmmmm:

I see what you mean now. If I have selected another currency than US dollars, for example Swedish kronor, and then try to checkout I get a prompt enticing me to pay in Canadian dollars.

Eommen

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 02:11:37 PM »
Just to conclude this thread: Axel went belly up, its investors pulled the plug, already some months ago.  :surrender: