Author Topic: Robin Hood - 1973 Animated  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Robin Hood - 1973 Animated
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:59 AM »
Robin Hood

A long time ago, in a faraway land, legend tells an extraordinary tale of courage and friendship...

Get ready for swashbuckling adventure, unforgettable characters, memorable music and lots of laughs in Disney's Robin Hood, one of the most cherished animated films of all time.

Heroic Robin Hood--along with his trusted companion Little John and his devoted band of merry men--conjures up one famously funny and daring deed after another to outfox greedy Prince John and bring happiness to the residents of Sherwood Forest.

The Most Wanted Edition DVD also features a forest full of merriment with a never-before-seen alternate ending, all-new games and Disney Song Selection, plus a new digital transfer, 5.1 Surround Sound and much more!

My Thoughts

I decided to watch this one again for the first time in years.  I remember some parts from when I saw it years ago, but I had forgotten some things. 

The movie does have a different take on the legend of Robin Hood since the characters are animals.  It is a simpler version of the story that still works to be entertaining.  This movie is a good one to introduce kids to the character.  Some different things happen and there are also some things that have been in other movies with the character as well.  There is a bit of action in a few scenes from some archery and a few fights that do add a bit of action.  The animation is done well for when the movie was made, though of course, it isn't anywhere near what can be done with animation now.  The animation does have a slightly dated look, though I do think it has held up well overall.

I still enjoy this movie and think it is worth watching.

I did post a review on Epinions a few days ago.

Robin Hood