Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: On Demand  (Read 17662 times)

Critter

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: On Demand
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18:33 AM »
Also, if you are a reader at all I would recommend reading the books they are based off first, or even instead of the films. I thought the books were much better than the films.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 01:23:10 AM »
Nope... never seen The Da Vinci Code either.  :bag: I will have to see if it is on any of the On-Demand channels as well. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 01:24:36 AM »
Also, if you are a reader at all I would recommend reading the books they are based off first, or even instead of the films. I thought the books were much better than the films.

I never been much of a reader... I tend to go for movie versions much quicker. Matter of Fact.... I love the movies based on Stephen King stories... and never ever read any of his stories.  :bag:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 01:29:08 AM »
Haha I haven't read any Stephen King either but I have seen a couple of the films. I must say though I usually always prefer the book over the film, it's very rare that I think the film version is better than a novel. Rare, but not impossible. One film I can think of that I enjoyed more than the book is the 'Series of Unfortunate Events' film.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:55 AM »
As far as the books go, Angels & Demons is first and then The Da Vinci Code.  I've read both books and seen both movies.  I really like the movies.  There are only a few references back to Da Vinci Code in Angels & Demons, but not a lot. 

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
Quote from review on "The Hangover"
I can see myself getting this one at some point in the future. But it is not one I will rush to buy.

Try the "original"

Very Bad Things

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:33:24 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 02:06:33 PM »
Thanks... will put it on my list :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
I do like to read but mostly read non-fiction stuff.  The only novels I tend to read for the most part are either westerns or classic novels.  I have actually read one Stephen King novel, "Cujo"...which isn't even considered one of his better books probably.  Right now I'm reading "Is This A Great Game Or What?" by Tim Kurkjian which is a book about baseball.

Najemikon

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »
Quote from review on "The Hangover"
I can see myself getting this one at some point in the future. But it is not one I will rush to buy.

Try the "original"

Very Bad Things

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly.

Thanks... will put it on my list :)

I'm just saying... be prepared.  ;)

My review: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,4159.msg82256.html#msg82256