Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248165 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2008, 02:56:34 AM »
I just came to the realization that I have not watched a single DVD since I finished my Bionic Woman marathon! That was 3 days ago!  :o

So I just watched...

Alien Nation: The Enemy Within
Francisco is forced to confront his own prejudices while investigating the death of an Eeno, a member of a lowly and reviled caste of Tenctonese waste-eaters. On the domestic front, Sikes and Cathy experience culture shock when they decide to move in together, and Francisco is asked to participate in a Tenctonese conception, much to his wife's consternation.

My Thoughts:
This is the 4th TV Reunion movie in the set. I enjoyed it... it is one I have never seen before. I thought the story was really good and that they did a fine job with it. These reunion movies makes me wish there was more then one season to the series. One thing that was odd though. This disc holds the 4th and 5th reunion movie... and the inner circle says that this one is on side A and the last one (The Udara Legacy) is on Side B. Only problem is they seemed to mess up as it is actually the opposite of that. But that is a minor problem to what seems to be a great set otherwise.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »

Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy
A strange form of post-hypnotic suggestion is sausing law-abiding Newcomers to commit violent crimes, but what is the connection between these crimes and the Udara, a Tenctonese extremist movement dedicated to the overthrow of the Overseers? And, as Susan fretsnover Buck's entrance into the police academy, a deadly secret emerges from her past. 

My Thoughts:
This finishes off the Alien Nation reunion movies box set. For some reason going into this one I wasn't expecting all that much from it. But as it turns out I really enjoyed it. I actually think this one is my favorite out of all the movies in the set. The story was excellent. I liked the fact that Bud decided to follow in his father's footsteps. Overall the box set is well worth it. I highly recommend it if you liked the series. I now have (and seen) every incarnation of Alien Nation... from the movie to the series to all 5 reunion movies.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »

Beverly Hills Cop
The heat is on in this fast paced action-comedy starring Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley, a street smart Detroit cop tracking down his best friend's killer in Beverly Hills. Axel quickly learns that his wild style doesn't fit in with the Beverly Hills Police Department, which assigns two officers (Judge Reinhold & John Ashton) to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Dragging the stuffy detectives along for the ride, Axel smashes through a huge culture clash in his hilarious, high-speed pursuit of justice.

Featuring cameos by Paul Reiser, Bronson Pinchot and Damon Wayans, 'Beverly Hills Cop' is an exhilarating sidesplitting adventure!

My Thoughts:
This is just a completely fun movie from beginning to end. I must have watched this movie 100 times since it was originally released... and I enjoy it just as much this time as I did the first time I ever saw it. In my opinion... this is Eddie Murphy at his best. I thought it was a really good combination of comedy and action. Even though there was much more action then comedy it just worked so well together. I highly recommend checking out this one.... as well as the sequels.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »
I must admit, that I have never seen the Beverly Hills Cop movies (though they have been countless times on TV). I see that all three would cost me 13 bucks combined. I will probably order them the next time.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do Tom. I got mine as a gift a couple years ago. I got the boxset of all 3 movie...

Beverly Hills Cop: The Complete Line-Up
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2008, 03:42:19 AM »
I must admit, that I have never seen the Beverly Hills Cop movies (though they have been countless times on TV).
Same thing for me. Probably this is not his fault, but Eddie Murphy really stress me (more the guy that dub him in french). But I'm sure that the difference is not that big between the real one and the dub one.   

RossRoy

« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »
Eddie Murphy really stress me (more the guy that dub him in french).

Well personally, I think as far as dubbing voices go, Eddie Murphy's french voice is the most interesting, and one of the few I don't mind. It's actually unique enough, that you automatically assiciate it to Eddie Murphy, and they don't use it for anyone (as far as I know), or not enough to actually bother me.

Nothing more frustrating than realizing that the guy who does the french dub of the Emperor's voice in Star Wars .... is the same guy who did some goodie-do-gooder on another movie which was played by someone else entirely (nobody actually comes to mind).

One of the more offending one is the guy who does John Travolta's french voice. He does so many others it becomes frustrating, because you hear the voice, turn around, and no sign of John Travolta in the movie, it's actually Denzel Washington??  ???

Needless to say, I now watch movies in their original language if I can understand it (I still watch dubbed for non English/French movies)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
Well personally, I think as far as dubbing voices go, Eddie Murphy's french voice is the most interesting, and one of the few I don't mind. It's actually unique enough, that you automatically assiciate it to Eddie Murphy, and they don't use it for anyone (as far as I know), or not enough to actually bother me.
The one that did the same for me is the one that dub Sylvester Stallone in french when I heard that voice I know it's him. But I've heard this voice in another movie and after I was in a complete "I can't stop laughing" mode and all my friends that listen that afterward (it was one of my vhs) had the same reaction. Doesn't look that funny, but the movie was a Video Marc Dorcel release (a french label of adult movie) : Belle Angelica Bella. Since than I can't stop thinking that the voice of Sylvester Stallone had done an adult movie  :laugh:

Nothing more frustrating than realizing that the guy who does the french dub of the Emperor's voice in Star Wars .... is the same guy who did some goodie-do-gooder on another movie which was played by someone else entirely (nobody actually comes to mind).
Yves Corbeil maybe...

Needless to say, I now watch movies in their original language if I can understand it (I still watch dubbed for non English/French movies)
We can thank the dvd for that, since here it was impossible to get an original english vhs version at any videoclub.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »

Sabrina The Teenage Witch: Season 3 (Disc 1)
Doesn't every girl secretly wish she had magical powers? 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'® stars 'Melissa Joan Hart' as the adorable teen who this season finally gets her witch's license. But there's a catch! Before she can use it she must uncover a family secret, with help from her wacky Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), wise Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and her talking cat Salem (voiced by 'Nick Bakay'). And while they may advise her to keep her magic hidden, at school Sabrina still helps cute steady Harvey ('Nate Richert') and best friend Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), while protecting herself against rival Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and mean Mr. Kraft ('Martin Mull'). Season 3 highlights include an outrageous Halloween episode, and a finale set in Hawaii, where the family secret is revealed! Included on 4 discs are all 25 episodes of the third season of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®!

My Thoughts:
After getting this set yesterday my daughter and I had to dig right in and watch the first disc. As always the episodes were a lot of fun! I was reading an episode guide and see this is the last season for Valerie and Libby... I personally won't miss Libby much as I never cared much for that character... but I will miss seeing Valerie on the show after this season.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2008, 01:30:41 AM »
You can't watch that  :redcard:
This is an horror TV series  :redcard:
She is a witch .... A witch as an evil creature with a black cat and travelling on a broom.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2008, 01:35:29 AM »
LOL... but there is such thing as good witches... not all witches are evil you know! And Sabrina is a good witch!  ;D

Good Witch:

besides... Sabrina don't ride a broom... she is a modern young witch... she uses a vacuum!  :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:50:23 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
I can't see your picture, so there are no good Witch  :laugh:

But those one look like good one to me  :drooling:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2008, 01:51:25 AM »
Think I fixed it... Now your witches looks good! but there is a difference between being good and looking good... so all depends on your mood! LOL :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2008, 01:56:56 AM »
That's what happen when we use the words Sexy witch with an image search. Some results are really too sexy to be post here.

RossRoy

« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2008, 03:21:26 AM »
That's what happen when we use the words Sexy witch with an image search. Some results are really too sexy to be post here.

Make sure you turn OFF SafeSearch on Google ;)