Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249504 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »

JAG: Season 5 (Discs 6-7)
The hit series 'JAG' returns for its high-flying fifth season, with all 25 episodes on DVD for the very first time!

This season, Harm (David James Elliott) and Mac (Catherine Bell) are reunited when Harm leaves his flying career behind and returns to the Jag office...and not a moment to soon, as cases aboard carriers, submarines, and even a hijacked plane demand their attention! And as Admiral Chegwidden (John M. Jackson) find romance, and Bud (Patrick Labyorteaux) and Harriet (Karri Turner) adjust to parenthood, the whole gang travels to Australia.

Get ready for the best 'JAG' season yet!

My Thoughts:
Between last night and this morning I decided to finish off this set. I enjoyed every minute of these episodes. Though it does seem I was mistaken about Brumbley... he went from regular cast to recurring cast... and now it seems like he is going back to regular cast once again. I was hoping I have seen the last of that character... but it does seem like it was meant to be just yet. Over-all in this set there was about 3 episodes that I have never seen before. Not as many as I would have liked but was still good to see a few episodes I never seen before. The only extra included with this set is a gag reel. Gag reels is usually one of my favorite extras... but unfortunately this one was just not that good. Not only was there not much there... but what was there just wasn't that entertaining.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2008, 01:38:40 AM »

Survivor: Borneo (Season 1) (Disc 2)
Survivor's premise is simple: maroon sixteen normal Americans - men and women chosen from all walks of life - on the island of Pulau Tiga, twenty miles off the coast of Borneo. Once every three days the castaways gather to vote one of their own off the island. The last person wins a million dollars.

What transpired became television history and a pop culture phenomenon was born. Now with this special DVD box set you can relive every bit of the original Survivor telecasts, plus see and hear many things not shown on TV.

My Thoughts:
I am actually coming out of this disc surprised. I noticed on the first disc I couldn't do no more then 2 episodes per sitting. Well not only did I get through all 4 episodes on this second disc... I wasn't the least bit sick of watching it. Maybe it is because of the merge and it getting down to the serious playing.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

Return to the Planet of the Apes: The Complete Animated Series (Disc 1)
From the Oscar® -winning creators of "The Pink Panther" come this high-concept '70s cartoon that returns you to the heart of mankind's greatest adventure! Populated by familiar characters from 'Planet of the Apes' films and TV series - including Cornelius, Zira and General Urko - this classic animated series pits humans against a world of apes who are more advanced than ever!

Three astronauts - Bill Hudson, Jeff Allen and Judy Franklin - find themselves stranded in a future where apes drive cars, fly planes... and wage an epic war on their primitive human neighbors. Attempting to keep one step ahead of the apes and protect the other humans, the astronauts search for the reason their world went so awry, hoping one day to find their way back.

My Thoughts:
This is a cartoon that was on when I was only 6yrs old... and haven't seen it since. So when I ordered it I didn't know what to expect quality wise... of the DVD or the show itself. So far I watched the first disc. I really am amazed as I forgot how much better... story wise... these old cartoons are then the ones that air now. Even thought this is a cartoon... the way it is written it almost feels like it was geared more with adults in mind then children. I must say that FOX really impressed me on how they put the DVD set together. This series only lasted for 13 episodes... and they really did a wonderful job on the DVDs. The picture and sound is much more clean and vibrant then I was expecting... and unlike many of the sets... where you go right from selecting the episode to the episode itself... in this case you get an episode menu where you can not only go to a scene selection... which is cool in itself...many TV Series don't have that... but you also have the ability to watch the episode with or without the "Next Week on Return to the Planet of the Apes" preview attached to the end of the episodes. I thought that was very cool as that is how they originally aired back in 1975.

I guess I am just impressed because I was not expecting such care taken for such a short run series that is so old. I mean.. this series is over 30 years old... and other then the style in which it was made... it looks crisp and clear enough to be a new series. But at the same time I doubt you would get this much of a quality show if they were to make it today. As for the style it was made in... that took me a little getting used to again... but shortly into the first episode I was starting to feel like a kid again.. and was loving every minute of it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

Survivor: Borneo (Season 1) (Discs 3-5)
Survivor's premise is simple: maroon sixteen normal Americans - men and women chosen from all walks of life - on the island of Pulau Tiga, twenty miles off the coast of Borneo. Once every three days the castaways gather to vote one of their own off the island. The last person wins a million dollars.

What transpired became television history and a pop culture phenomenon was born. Now with this special DVD box set you can relive every bit of the original Survivor telecasts, plus see and hear many things not shown on TV.

My Thoughts:
I decided to get the rest of this set out of the way. Towards the middle to end of this set I really started to get into the game... and it wasn't as hard for me to get through any longer. So I really did enjoy the set. The question remains if I will find any re-watch value in it. That I not sure about yet. I think the competitions would be fun to watch again... but the day to day drama which is the bulk of this series... that I think would become boring with the next viewing. But I won't know for sure till enough time goes by that I am tempted to watch it again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2008, 12:44:51 AM »

A Haunting: Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 3)
In sixteen chilling tales of the supernatural, on 3 DVDs, New Dominion Picture's 'A Haunting,' takes you inside real-life horror stories. The series originally aired on the Discovery Channel, and each eerie one-hour episode features eyewitness accounts and cinematic re-enactments of some of most spine-tingling, ghostly hauntings ever recorded, filmed in actual locations where these apparitions took place. They are all but guaranteed to spook even the most skeptical observer, but you can judge for yourself: are they imagined, or are they real?

Episode by episode, you'll be shocked and surprised by the spell-binding tales. Take the case of the dance club haunted by ghosts from a by-gone era, the child inhabited by evil that only an exorcism will cure, or house-haunting specters, scaring the wits out of their unsuspecting victims. 'A Haunting' explores these and many other unexplainable, eerie, and macabre tales of the paranormal.

By the end of each amazing story, you will experience a lingering sense that life and death are much stranger than you could have possibly imagined!

My Thoughts:
This completes the boxset. I have really enjoyed this series a lot. This is one of the best shows I seen on Haunting Documentaries. I will definitely be getting the 3rd season (and beyond) as soon as I can. I really can't wait to see some more. There is no extras on this set what so ever... even though I don't know what kind of extras they could put on something like this... I would have liked to seen a little something... even if only trailers for other shows.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

Witchblade: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
New York homicide detective Sara Pezzini (Yancy Butler) doesn't know why the forces of the universe have chosen her to possess the awesome living weapon called the Witchblade. But it is hers to wear and to wield in the fight against crime, although it comes with a terrifying price. Evil foes seek the Witchblade, setting in motion an ongoing battle that may cost the lives of those Sara holds dearest.

In these 24 live-action episodes based on the popular comic books, Sara gradually discovers her amazing ancient link to the mysterious weapon as she wars against evildoers both natural and supernatural. The cutting edge of excitement belongs to Sara Pezzini - and the Witchblade.

My Thoughts:
This disc contains the first 3 episodes (Pilot movie plus next 2 eps). It turns out what I remember seeing before is the pilot movie. So all the episodes are completely new to me. So far I am definitely enjoying the show... but it is not one that has really drawn me into the storyline as of yet. But I can see myself getting into it. I am planning on watching this series slowly... but who knows... if I do really get into it I probably won't be able to help myself.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »

Two Moon Junction
Sparks ignite into flames of passion when a socialite meets a sensual stranger in Two Moon Junction, an erotic adult drama from director Zalman King (Nine 1/2 Weeks, TV's "Red Shoe Diaries") that features "some of the steamiest sex scenes this side of an X rating" (David Sheehan, KNBC).

Sherilyn Fenn (Boxing Helena) stars as April DeLongpre, a beautiful southern debutante who's about to marry a handsome man as priveleged as she. But stirring within the refined April is a raging sexual desire that erupts when she locks eyes with Perry (Richard Tyson, There's Something About Mary), a rough-hewn, muscle-bound carnival worker. Drawn together in an erotically-charged confrontation of wills, they embark on a journey of unquenchable desire that will change their lives forever.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the movies a friend of mine sent me while cleaning out here DVD Collection of movies she no longer wanted. It is ok for what it is I guess... but for the most part I found the story boring. Sure... it has it's share of sex... but in my opinion it takes more then that to make a good movie.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

Greatest American Hero: Season 1 (Disc 1)
William Katt stars as mild-mannered high school teacher Ralph Hinkley whose close encounter with aliens leaves him with a super-power suit that only he can control. But when Ralph loses the instruction manual, the safety of mankind is left in his fumbling hands. Now with the help of his attorney girlfriend Pam Davidson (Connie Sellecca) and FBI agent Bill Maxwell (Robert Culp), the world's most unlikely flying crime fighter is ready for action. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!

Michael Paré and Faye Grant co-star in the Emmy-nominated '80s hit created by Stephen J. Cannell. This collection features every first season episode - including the Emmy-nominated pilot - plus all-new interviews with the show's stars and the unaired pilot for the proposed spin-off series THE GREATEST AMERICAN HEROINE.

My Thoughts:
While watching all those shows from my childhood for my current marathon I got in the mood to watch the pilot movie to this series from my teen years. Only problem is I couldn't stop at just the pilot movie. I just find this show so fun. And I am not the only one... as Brittany was in here watching it with me... and she was non-stop laughing at this show. Laughing so hard she can barely breath. She got such a kick out of Ralph not being able to fly straight. The more he tried the fly the harder she would laugh.

So I ended up watching the entire first disc which includes the pilot movie where Ralph gets the Super-Suit... plus the next 2 episodes. They were all a lot of fun... all good episodes... but unfortunately there was no extras what so ever on the disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2008, 12:11:13 AM »

The Cosby Show: Season 1 (Episodes 9-12)
The Cosby Show depicted a close-knit and prosperous African-American family from New York City. Clff and Clair Huxtable are a happily married, dual-profession couple with aspirations of raising their 5 children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in TV history.

For the first time on DVD, enjoy all twenty-four episodes from the initial season of this landmark comedy classic.

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching a few episodes of this one tonight. Been good episodes... but most of the episodes I watched today I have recently seen on the volume sets that were given to me. So I found myself a little disinterested in these episodes this time around. But I am sure I will be getting to the episodes I haven't watched recently here soon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »

V: The Complete series (Episodes 1-2)
They came for water. And for food. And as it turned out, we were the food. But humanity bravely resisted - a struggle seen in the hit miniseries ‘V’ and ‘V: The Final Battle’. Yet the war continues.

The heroic conflict comes to a surprising outcome in ‘V: The Series’, presented complete and uncut in this 3-disc, 19-episode set. Once again, Earth is the main battleground. But now the aliens whose human guise hides their true reptilian natures are wiser. They believe the secret to their survival on Earth lies in the DNA of the newly born half-human, half-spaceling Starchild. They intend to capture her. But that's something the world's Resistance Fighters cannot allow.

My Thoughts:
This seems to be a decent enough series. I am enjoying it enough to make me glad I purchased it. But I do find it a bit on the slow side. Granted I only watched 2 episodes so far... but this is a series I just don't feel I can watch several episodes at a time... after an episode or two I just get a bit disinterested in it. Now the fact that I haven't watched the miniseries in years could have something to do with it... as I was jumping into the series not really remembering much about the miniseries... and I did feel a little lost.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »

Are You Afraid of the Dark?: Freaky Favorites (Disc 1)
With 6 specially selected half-hour episodes from the sixth season of 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?', the members of the Midnight Society keep you on the edge of your seat with their chilling tales. Each night this unique and bold group of teens meets at a secret location in the woods. Attempting to outdo one another, the members of the Society take turns telling the scariest possible stories based, in part, on their real-life experiences. Join the Midnight Society as they deliver thrilling stories of dangerous magic, misleading games, and more!

My Thoughts:
Brittany and I watched the first disc of this set. For those of you that don't know this is a series that Nickelodeon did years ago... kind of a kid friendly horror series... it was their version of Goosebumps. It is a pretty cool series... I like the whole idea of the "Midnight Society". Sounds like something I would have done when I was a kid.  The first disc has 3 episodes from the 6th season. This is the season they replaced the kids in the "Midnight Society"... I am sure after 5 years of doing it... they were starting to look too old for the show.  The 6th season brought in a young Elisha Cuthbert  (Kim Bauer on the series 24)... here is a look of her in this series...

I will have to see what I can do about ordering from Canada for the season sets... as both Brittany and myself enjoys this series... but unfortunately the season sets are not available in the US.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »

The Adventures of Robin Hood: Season 1 (Episode 9: Checkmate)
This classic television series ran from 1955 to 1960, featuring the tales of Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men. Richard Greene stars as our gallant hero who fought the forces of the evil Prince John, his local official the Sheriff of Nottingham and any aristocrat or ne'er-do-well who threatened the common people and loyal subjects of King Richard. Robin and his band lived in the shelter of Sherwood Forest, fighting their foes and hoping for the day when their beloved King Richard will return from the Crusades to rule once again.

My Thoughts:
Yup... you read right. I only watched one episode this time around. I don't know why but I am having difficulties today trying to figure out what I am in the mood to watch. Part of me is like... none of it sounds good today. But yet another part of me feels like watching something good... not only that... but possibly starting a marathon of something. But I just can not find something that suits me today! This episode I just finished wasn't a bad episode... but it was pretty standard... so it isn't one I was extremely thrilled with either. Almost like it lost a little something that the previous episodes had. Of course that could go towards my mood of not finding something I am really in the mood for.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 1)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

My Thoughts:
The mood suddenly hit to watch some episodes of this series. It is one of my favorite of the currently running series. It was fun to watch some of these early episodes again. I feel like I could almost do a whole marathon of this series... but considering I done an NCIS marathon not all that long ago I think it would end up pooping out midway through.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2008, 08:39:04 PM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 2)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

My Thoughts:
Still in the mood to watch this show... so went ahead and watched disc 2... hoping that would be enough to get it out of my system. But it did not. I still feel the urge to watch more. Which is really weird since I watched these not that long ago. Maybe if I pop something else in now I will break this mood.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »

Addams Family: Vol. 2 (Episodes 5-6)
They're baaaack! The Addams Family, TV's most frightfully funny family returns for more creepy capers and hair-raising hilarity, terrifying their neighbors and delighting viewers like never before! The Addams Family Volume 2 features the ghoulish gang in fine form: Gomez runs for mayor, Lurch becomes a pop star, Uncle Fester turns Pugsley into a chimp, and Cousin It loses his hair! And that's just the beginning! So, turn down the lights and prepare yourself for the ghastly giddiness of The Addams Family... They really are a scream!

My Thoughts:
I tried to watch some of this show... but even though I really enjoy the series... I just found I wasn't in the mood to watch it... so I ended up turning it off after only 2 episodes. I think I will go back to NCIS since that seems to be what I am really in the mood for.
Pete