Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248127 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
LOL... in other words.. what we just call a Baked Potato... I figured it had something to do with a potato... because I have heard them called Spuds before. the jacket part is what threw me.  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »
Officially they're "Baked Potatoes" here, as labelled on menus. But everyone calls them jacket spuds!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »

Prison Break: Season 1 (Discs 3-6)
Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out.

Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster...along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.

My Thoughts:
OK... so I couldn't help myself... I just had to see what happens next... and once I popped in the 3rd disc I just could not stop watching. I watched it all the way to the end of the season! And now I feel like I need to order season 2 with my next order! I have really become addicted to this show... and now I have my mother hooked on it as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2008, 12:43:22 AM »

Three's Company: Season 7 (Disc 4)
The opening of Jack's Bistro is just the beginning of the non-stop hilarity in this top-rated season. Will Terri marry the soap opera hunk? What really happened between Jack and Larry's teenage sister? Can the roommates trap a crooked building inspector without going to jail themselves? Who is the restaurant's awful new singer? Why does Jack's new moustache drive women wild? And what is Janet doing to Mr Furley's shy young nephew? Emmy®-Award Winner 'John Ritter', 'Joyce DeWitt' and 'Priscilla Barnes' star along with 'Richard Kline' and 'Don Knotts' in these 22 classic episodes filled with disastrous dates, outrageous misunderstandings, sexy surprises, fall-down fun and much, much more!

My Thoughts:
This completes another Three's Company set. One of my favorite classic sitcoms. Really enjoyed this season. The last disc on this set had a few of my favorite episodes in it. The extras on this disc wasn't to much special... just the normal best of the season clips per each of th main cast... including a 26 minute clip featurette on Don Knotts.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:37 AM »

Stacked: The Complete Series
You can't judge a bookstore by its covergirl, especially when she happens to be Pamela Anderson! Anderson stars as drop-dead sexy Skyler Dayton, a reformed party girl in need of a lifestyle makeover, who takes a job at a family-run bookstore called "Stacked Books." Determined to prove she has ample talent beyond her ample talents, Skyler dazzles the employees and customers with her sweet-natured charm and refreshing honesty. This hip, hilarious comedy also features guest appearances by super-hotties Carmen Electra and Jenny McCarthy and includes 5 unaired episodes that can finally be revealed. You'll bust out laughing!

My Thoughts:
This is a set that was recommended to me by both a friend of mine... as well as one of my brothers. I went into this one not expecting much at all. And to be honest... I wasn't expecting it to have much more to offer other then sex jokes and Pamela Anderson showing off her assets. Well the series didn't offer much more then that... as it was pretty much as I expected. BUT the series doesn't pretend to be anything more then that... it does not take itself seriously and just has fun with what it actually is. And to me... that right there gives it a little something more. It is a fun series... especially if when you watch it... you have no problem with just leaving your brain out of it and just enjoy it for what it actually is.... sex jokes and Pamela Anderson showing off her body as much as the censors will allow. I also enjoyed the fact that Christopher Lloyd is in the series... I always enjoyed him and in this series he plays a retired scientist with a few funny quirks of his own.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

Masters of Horror: The Damned Thing
Twenty-four years ago, outside a small Texas town, young Kevin Reddle watched helplessly as his oilman father brutally slaughtered his mother before being torn apart by an invisible force. Today the county Sheriff, Kevin ('Sean Patrick Flanery' of THE BOONDOCK SAINTS) remains haunted by memories of that night and the fear that "the damned thing" may someday return. Now as the citizens of Cloverdale explode into a homicidal frenzy, the one man who has uncovered the truth is about to meet his own horrific destiny. 'Marisa Coughlan' ('BOSTON LEGAL') and 'Ted Raimi' (THE GRUDGE) co-star in this blood-soaked shocker written by 'Richard Christian Matheson' from the classic short story by 'Ambrose Bierce'.

My Thoughts:
Today I finally got around to watching the last episode of Masters of Horror that I never seen before. After watching this episode I can now say, without a doubt, that The V Word is my favorite of all the Masters of Horror episodes... but this one is not to far behind. I really enjoyed this episode. I can't say that this one has an extreme amount of gore in it (unlike episodes like Pelts) but it don't shy away from the gore either. So if you are not a fan of the gore... there is a few scenes you may want to close your eyes for. Over-all I really enjoyed the entire Masters of Horror series.... it is a shame that it has been canceled. I would have loved to seen even 1 more season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »

Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: The Complete Series (Disc 2)
The world's favorite western/sci-fi/comedy/action cult hit rides again! Here on 8 discs is the complete series about Brisco (Bruce Campbell), a tough-as-rawhide cowpoke, debonair ladies' man and Harvard-educated smarty-britches who roams from Frisco to Jalisco in pursuit of outlaws who killed his father...and in search of a mysterious orb possessing out-of-this world powers. Hot lead and cool anachronisms await Brisco as he and his sidekicks - including Comet, the intellectual equine who doesn't know he's a horse - fight for justice in the way, way, way-out West. Put your boots in your stirrups, your tongue in your cheek and join the fun. Let's play cowboys and aliens.

My Thoughts:
After taking a couple days and not watching any DVDs at all (Can you Believe It??) I decided to pop in the second disc of Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. which contained episodes 4-7. I am still really enjoying the series... and looking forward to the future episodes. I am a little surprised I haven't come up much extras as of yet... but sure some will be coming.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »

Dead Alive
Throw out all your preconceptions about the limits of horror! A new standard has been set with Dead Alive - The Mother of All Horror Films.

On a quiet street, in a small town, pure evil has come to stay. Lionel, an innocent young man, is forced to care for his domineering mother and finds the task a whole lot more demanding after she's bitten by the cursed Sumatran rat monkey. Passing the point of death, Lionel's mother sucks friends and family into her gruesome existence among the living dead and Lionel is sent spiraling into a goulish nightmare.

Now a crazed zombie, she soon infects enough people to make it difficult for Lionel, still the faithful son, to keep the neighbors from suspecting that something is terribly wrong.

Dead Alive is dripping with state-of-the-art special effects that feature mutilations, rock 'n roll dismemberments and household appliances, combining into the most bizarre ending ever filmed.

My Thoughts:
Ok... this movie was suggested to me over and over again. I had multiple people tell me that this is a must see movie. I think in this case I may have allowed people to hype it up just too much for me. I mean it was an OK movie... but not much more then that in my opinion. Definitely had it's moments... some funny scenes... and plenty of gore. Only problem is a good portion of that gore was so unrealistic it was almost cartoon-ish. As I said... it had it's moments... but while watching it all I could think of is everyone is going nuts over THIS... I just don't get it. But I am not sorry I have it in my collection... especially since it cost me nothing. And I can see myself watching it again here and there for a few laughs. But I personally don't see the cult following on this one.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »
My Thoughts:
Ok... this movie was suggested to me over and over again. I had multiple people tell me that this is a must see movie. I think in this case I may have allowed people to hype it up just too much for me. I mean it was an OK movie... but not much more then that in my opinion. Definitely had it's moments... some funny scenes... and plenty of gore. Only problem is a good portion of that gore was so unrealistic it was almost cartoon-ish. As I said... it had it's moments... but while watching it all I could think of is everyone is going nuts over THIS... I just don't get it. But I am not sorry I have it in my collection... especially since it cost me nothing. And I can see myself watching it again here and there for a few laughs. But I personally don't see the cult following on this one.
You do realize it's a comedy...? The laughs are on purpose. The cartoon-ish special effects are on purpose. If you expected anything else, you were doomed for disappointment from the get-go.

This is a romantic comedy with lots of gore, not a horror movie.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
LOL... yes I did realize it was a comedy from the start. I believe it just didn't live up to the expectations that all the people built up for me when they suggested this title to me.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »
LOL... yes I did realize it was a comedy from the start. I believe it just didn't live up to the expectations that all the people built up for me when they suggested this title to me.

That's the problem with getting too many recommendations for a movie. I was fortunate to see Bad Taste out of a few friends very insisting recommendations, but discovered Dead Alive and Meet The Feebles on my own.

I must say Dead Alive and Meet The Feebles were the cream of the crop because I didn't have any expectations going into them.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »

Dexter: Season 1
Led by an amazing performance by Emmy®-nominated actor Michael C. Hall ('Six Feet Under'), 'Dexter' is one of the most critically acclaimed, must-see television shows of the year! Like no other crime drama you've seen before, this horrifying and intoxicating DVD includes all 12 riveting Season One episodes and a host of delightfully twisted special features.

My Thoughts:
This is another show I got completely addicted to. Once I started on this show... IO just could not stop. It is an absolutely amazing show. I got so hooked on this show that not only did I watch this season 1 boxset (12 episodes)... after I finished it I went to Showtime On-Demand and watched all of season 2 (12 episodes). And now I seriously can not wait for it to return for season 3. Unfortunately I haven't found a date for it's return yet. Anyway... if you never seen this show.. it is one that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »

That's the problem with getting too many recommendations for a movie. I was fortunate to see Bad Taste out of a few friends very insisting recommendations, but discovered Dead Alive and Meet The Feebles on my own.

I must say Dead Alive and Meet The Feebles were the cream of the crop because I didn't have any expectations going into them.

Very true... but sometimes it does work out... see above with Dexter. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »

Bionic Woman: Vol. 1 (Disc 1)
Join one of TV's most stunning breakout heroines as the action-packed series 'Bionic Woman' leaps into DVD! From executive producer David Eick ('Battlestar Galactica') comes this gripping re-imagining of the universally beloved character.

Jamie Sommers is a hard-working woman struggling to take care of her younger sister. But after a serious, life-threatening accident, Jamie is saved by a top-secret procedure that makes her much more than just an ordinary woman...it makes her superhumanly bionic. Starring hot newcomer 'Michelle Ryan', as well as 'Miguel Ferrer' ('Crossing Jordan'), 'Molly Price' ('Third Watch'), 'Will Yun Lee' ('Witchblade'), 'Lucy Kate Hale' ('How I Met Your Mother'), and guest stars 'Isaiah Washington' ('Grey's Anatomy') and 'Katee Sackhoff' ('Battlestar Galactica'), it's a non-stop thrill ride unlike anything you've seen before!

My Thoughts:
OK... so it seems that I am one of the very few that actually enjoyed this new version of the classic series. I don't know why... maybe it is because I didn't go into it comparing it to the original series? Seeing so many movie remakes lately I got myself out of that habit and found myself enjoying them much more this way. Anyway... the first disc has the first 4 (of 8 ) episodes. Plus trailers and a commentary track on the pilot episode. With more extras on disc 2. Even though I enjoyed this series... knowing I am well into the minority I feel I should recommend this one to much.... so if you are curios about this series... even though it is a cheap set... I would say if possible maybe you should rent the first disc before buying.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
OK... so it seems that I am one of the very few that actually enjoyed this new version of the classic series. I don't know why... maybe it is because I didn't go into it comparing it to the original series?

Oh I know why you like it

:tease:

No actually, I've seen 3 episodes (the ones that came as a bonus on Bourne Ultimatum) and I must say, I really loved it. And because of that, I am not really looking forward to diving into the series, I can feel that I'm going to be pissed that they canceled it.