Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248137 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

Dukes of Hazzard: Season 7 (Disc 6)
Just like peach ice cream at the church picnic, nothing lasts forever. Yup, this here is the Dukes' seventh and final lap, and Bo and Luke go out in hightailin', road-nailin' style! In these 17 good-time episodes, you'll discover how the General Lee joined the Duke family, meet Roscoe's robot replacement, see Boss Hogg turn sweeter 'n pecan pie (thanks to a head-whuppin' accident), ride back in time to 1872 Hazzard, and throw some shoes and rice at Enos and Daisy's wedding. And if'n it's just too darn hard to say goodbye to Luke, Bo, Daisy, Uncle Jesse, Enos, Cooter - and even Boss and Roscoe P. Coltrane - well, why don't y'all just start the fun all over again with Season 1 on DVD?

My Thoughts:
This completes the set... as well as the series. So another nice sized set off my unwatched shelf... always a good thing! This disc had the very last 2 episodes of the series plus a few extras... nothing special to me personally but I am sure other fans loved it... was basically a music video of the theme song performed by the stars in 2006. A making of said music video... and a documentary on Waylon Jennings who was not only the singer of the original theme... but also the narrator of the series for the entire 7 year run. As much as this series went down-hill in the last year or so... it really went out with a bang for the last 2 episodes... felt like shows of the first couple years.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:17 PM »
And? Did they (Enos + Daisy) marry?

What about the Reunion movies? Are they contained in any of the season packs?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
The reunion movies were not in any of the season packages unfortunately. But from what I understand... they are working on a boxset with just the reunion movies in it.

As for did they get married... well wasn't going to spoil it for you... but since you asked... No they did not. Basically Daisy saw what she something that made her a witness against Enos... but she knew he was innocent... and the only way out of testifying that she saw was to marry him because a wife can not testify against her own husband. Of course the Duke Boys saves the day before she has to go through with it... Daisy was still willing to marry him... but Enos couldn't go through with it. (which was surprising as much in love with her he always was).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

Knight Rider: Season 3 (Disc 3)
Gear up for the unbelievable adventure as 'Knight Rider: The Complete Third Season' arrives on DVD for the first time. Join mysterious lone crusader Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) and his tricked-out sidekick K.I.T.T., as they rev into action in all 21 adrenaline-pumping Third Season episodes. From high-tech street racers to K.I.T.T.'s evil twin, K.A.R.R., there's no one these two won't battle in order to bring justice to the treacherous streets. Including an exciting bonus preview episode from 'Knight Rider: The Complete Fourth Season', it's pedal-to-the-metal thrills for fans everywhere!

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the 3rd season. enjoyed the episodes... but it satisfied the cravings for this show for a while. So I won't have to watch the 4th season right away. Unfortunately the only extra on this set is an episode from the 4th season... so there really was no sense to watch that since I have the season 4 boxset.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »

The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (Disc 2)
All your favorite heroes and villains line up for amazing animated action in this beloved series debuting in a must-own two-disc compilation full of fiendish plots, dazzling rescues and everything you loved about Saturday morning heroics! 'Batman', 'Robin', 'Wonder Woman', 'Superman', 'Firestorm' and new recruit 'Cyborg' face out-of-this-world dangers to protect humanity from the wicked ruler 'Darkseid' and his plans for galactic domination. Criminal masterminds 'Lex Luthor', 'Scarcrow' and 'The Penguin' scheme while 'The Joker' and 'Mr. Mxyzptlk' cause mayhem and destruction across the galaxy. Featuring the voices of 'Adam West' as 'Batman', 'Casey Kasem' as 'Robin', and 'Frank Walker' as 'Darkseid', these 10 legendary sagas captured in their original airdate order serve up one memorable showdown after another!

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the set for me. Another incarnation of the Super Friends completed. Not sure how many more versions I need to add to my collection... but if I am not mistaken... I now have 4 versions in my collection and watched. These cartoons were my favorites when I was a kid... and I am not ashamed to admit I still enjoy them today.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »

Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition (Disc 1)
When Laura Palmer is found brutally murdered, FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) and Sheriff Harry S. Truman (Michael Ontkean) soon discover that in the town of Twin Peaks no one is innocent and nothing is what it seems.

SIGHTS UNSEEN AND SOUNDS UNHEARD...UNTIL NOW.

For the first time ever, the entire groundbreaking 'Twin Peaks' television series, created by David Lynch and Mark Frost, has been compiled for you to own and relish, taking you deeper into the woods than ever before.

My Thoughts:
OK... I couldn't help myself... the first of my new sets I had to check out is Twin Peaks... I been curios about this series for quite a while. So far I only watched the first disc... which only includes the pilot movie... 2 versions of it... original and international. I watched the original version... maybe I will check out the international one after I finish watching the set. I thought it would be best to watch it as it originally aired.

After watching this pilot movie... all I can say is... DAMN! Hooked on another series! Just going from the pilot I have to think this is going to be an awesome series. I do enjoy a good murder mystery/Crime show... and this one looks to be that. But it looks to be even more then that. At the beginning of the pilot I thought to myself... damn... this looks like a good story... but this town of people seems very weird. So I was thinking that this weirdness might through me off the series some... but it didn't... it really works for the show... not against it at all! About mid way through the pilot I found myself really enjoying all the weirdness... or should I say little quirks of the people of Twin Peaks. This is bound to be a really enjoyable series... one that I am afraid I will find myself working my way through... way too fast!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 12:49:25 AM »

The Ray Bradbury Theater (Episodes 1-5)
Entranced by magicians, comic strips and science fiction magazines, Ray Bradbury began "educating" himself at the Los Angeles Library three to five times a week. By 27 years of age he "graduated," having written several million words. In his early twenties, he supported himself by selling newspapers on street corners and writing for radio programs such as Suspense, Escape, CBS Radio Playhouse, and X Minus One. Bradbury has now written over three thousand short stories -- 400 of which have been published in such magazines as The New Yorker, the New Republican, The Saturday Evening Post, Amazing Stories, Colliers, Dime Detective, and McCall's. He has also written for Alfred Hitchcock Presents and for Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone.

And now, showcased in this 5-DVD set are some of Ray Bradbury's finest works, featuring a plethora of stars like: 'Drew Barrymore', 'Jeff Goldb,um', 'Peter O'Toole', 'Sally Kellerman', 'Eugene Levy', 'Shelley Duval', 'Elliot Gould', 'Ray Sharkey', and, of course, 'William Shatner' (Captain Kirk - Star Trek).

My Thoughts:
This is a good series that started on HBO and then moved to Sci-Fi Channel in (I think) Season 3. After 2 very short seasons on HBO. I am enjoying watching these episodes again after all these years. It is actually hard to believe this series is a good 20some years old already. I have the 5 disc set... which has all 65 episodes of the series. Unfortunately that is 5 single sided discs... meaning there is a good 12 to 13 episodes per disc... on a single side of the disc. So even though it is a decent picture (with some noticeable problems)... the quality could be better.

The last episode I watched had a 10 year old Drew Barrymore. Even then she did a great job.  She played a young girl who heard a woman screaming from in an empty lot. Convinced there was a woman buried alive... she tried to get help... but no one would believe her.. thinking it was all in her mind since she reads Tales from the Crypt comic books. That was episode #5 in the set... and so far I have to say my favorite episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »

Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition
When Laura Palmer is found brutally murdered, FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) and Sheriff Harry S. Truman (Michael Ontkean) soon discover that in the town of Twin Peaks no one is innocent and nothing is what it seems.

SIGHTS UNSEEN AND SOUNDS UNHEARD...UNTIL NOW.

For the first time ever, the entire groundbreaking 'Twin Peaks' television series, created by David Lynch and Mark Frost, has been compiled for you to own and relish, taking you deeper into the woods than ever before.

My Thoughts:
Wow! I got so hooked on this show. I actually watched the whole rest of the set! Twin Peaks has turned into a very addicting show for me. I do still need to watch the prequel movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me... and will probably do that at some point in the next couple days. I was afraid that after they solved who killed Laura Palmer that I wouldn't get back into the show... and it did take a turn for the worst there for a couple episodes... but then I quickly got into the new storyline.

Seeing how the series ending... I so wish there was a third season! So many possibilities... so many questions left unanswered. Oh well... another series that I feel ended too soon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
In this compelling film prequel to the phenomenal TV series, director David Lynch ('Mulholland Drive', 'Blue Velvet') takes us to the town of damn good coffee and cherry pie.

Two federal agents (Kyle MacLachlan, TV's "Sex and The City" and Chris Isaak, TV's "The Chris Isaak Show") arrive in Twin Peaks and unravel the bizarre clues, mysterious disappearances and strange happenings that lead to the death of local girl Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee, 'John Carpenter's Vampires').

Co-starring Kiefer Sutherland (TV's "24") and David Bowie, 'Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me' plunges deep beneath the facade of a town where nothing is as it seems.

My Thoughts:
After being hooked on the series I was in a hurry to watch the prequel movie. Though don't think I should have been in such a hurry. I mean it was ok... but I wouldn't had cared if I missed it. To me... it had just as much of the weirdness... but without the charm I found in the series. It was worth the first viewing... but not sure if I will watch it again or not.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 6 (Discs 2-3)
It's that time of fear again! So if you've been missing the Crypt Keeper, here's a chance to improve your aim. But be warned: It'll be a fright to the finish. The cadaverous cut-up is your host for a 15-episode die-gest based on classic horror comics from back in the day and featuring a parade of characters who are variously merciless, clueless, topless and headless.

Hank Azaria, Shelley Hack, Isaac Hayes, Richard Lewis, John Lithgow, Wayne Newton, Isabella Rossellini, Rita Rudner and Humphrey Bogart (you read that right) are among the stars. And vampires, mad doctors, killers, ghosts and adulterers are eager to come out and play. We could tell you more, but that would be wrong. You do know rot from wrong, don't you?

My Thoughts:
These episodes are not quite as good as the early seasons... but at this point there is still a good handful of great episodes mixed in. I especially enjoyed 2 of them that I watched at this go around... "Doctor of Horror" Which is about a mad scientist stealing the souls of recently dead people... and "Comes the Dawn" which is about some bear poachers that get trapped by vampire... in Alaska where the night lasts for months at a time. As I stated earlier... one thing I always loved is a the special guest appearance in the show. I was thinking that starting in season 6 the number of note-worthy guests had dwindled down quite a bit for some reason. At least for names I recognized. But then after watching these 2 discs I had seen several people I recognized again. (Some reason Disc 1 didn't have many I knew). Anyway for the rest of season 6 I recognized...

• Mark Decasco - Who I only recently discovered from buying "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven"
  • Debbe Dunning
  • Wayne Newton
  • Corey Feldman
  • D.B. Sweeney
  • Miguel Ferrer
  • Jake Busey
  • Travis Tritt - Only know because my sis-in-law likes him so much
  • Ben Stein
  • Humphrey Bogart - computer-enhanced archive
  • John Lithgow
  • Isabella Rossellini
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »

Warner Brothers Commemorative DVD Vol. 8: Shazam
1. The Joyriders
A young man must figure out what to do when his friends insist on stealing cars and going on joy rides. Moral: It's important to do what you know is right, and not get conned into doing something dumb just because somebody calls you names. It often takes more courage to do what's right than to go along with the crowd

My Thoughts:
After Brittany and myself finished off "The Secrets of Isis"... I remembered that I had the pilot episode of "Shazam!" on a disc I got free with one of the Warner Brother sets... so we decided to watch that so Brittany could at least get a taste of what his show was like as well. She really enjoyed it... and like me... she hopes that the series is released on DVD before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 7
GREETINGS, FIENDS! The last time you saw the Crypt Keeper...wait, this is the last time. So turn out the frights, the party's over. They say all ghoul things must end. But let the ghoul times roll one gleeful last time with these 13 terrorific tales based on those classic moldy-but-goodie horror comics from back when. Among the die-lights: Natasha Richardson is a lawyer planning 'A Fatal Caper', Ewan McGregor gets down and zombie for a 'Cold War' and Daniel Craig finds out how the sneaky, freaky ad biz really works in 'Smoke Wrings'. Well, time's up. Past our deadtime. Never say die, kiddies (although we just did). It's the final season!

My Thoughts:
For the final season the series moved to England... and this turned out to be a very good thing as the episodes seemed to get a fresh start and felt like episodes of old once again. I really enjoyed most all 13 episodes... but it did come with a price for me. As I am not familiar with the talent there... there was no recognizable stars at all for me in the final season. But that is a minimal price to pay for some new and fresh episodes.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 11:27:51 PM »
NO recognisable stars? Not even the two mentioned in the overview? Ewan "Obi Wan" MacGregor or even Daniel "James Bond" Craig? :o

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 12:11:23 AM »
OK... I mis-spoke a little... one recognizable star. Ewan McGregor... but didn't recognize Daniel Craig.. as I am not a big fan of James Bond.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 02:43:54 AM »

Knight Rider: Season 4 (Disc 1)
Adventure goes into overdrive as the amped fourth and final season of 'Knight Rider' blasts onto DVD! Buckle up with lone crusader Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) and his tricked-out sidekick, K.I.T.T., in all 21 digitally remastered high-octane episodes. From ancient terrorist cults to a deadly bacteria outbreak, Michael and K.I.T.T. are there to put the skids on evildoers wherever they may be. Available on DVD for the first time ever, 'Knight Rider: Season Four' includes a special great '80s TV flashback featurette that takes a fun look back at television's greatest decade, the eighties. With electrifying guest performances by Janine Turner, Lance Burton, Shelly Berman and more, you won't want to miss a minute of the thrilling action!

My Thoughts:
What can I say.... after the revival movie that aired last week I was once again in the mood for some of the classic Knight Rider episodes. this first disc has the first 8 episodes of the final season. I remembered back that I wasn't too happy about the changes made to K.I.T.T. for the final season... but now watching it again... it is not as bad as I remembered. I definitely like the new cast member (RC3)... I love the convertible top he put on Kit. But the big change... the "Super Pursuit Mode"... that one didn't impress me much. I like the speed it added to K.I.T.T. But didn't like the look he transformed into to get it. And I thought the new breaking system out of Super Pursuit Mode looked pretty ridiculous. But I found myself forgiving it more now then I did when I originally saw it when I was a kid.
Pete