Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249591 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #750 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 4
13. NESTING DOLLS
Catherine, Warrick and Nick find the body of two women at a construction site buried under tar.The swing swift are brought into the world of foreign "mail-order" brides. Sara and Catherine have a disputer in which Sara gets suspended by Ecklie for acting insubordinate toward Catherine and himself. Sara opens up to Grissom about her childhood past.

14. UNBEARABLE
Grissom, Sofia, Sara and Greg investigate the disappearance of a woman coming home from a night out with a friend after her abandoned car is found on the edge of a highway. Catherine, Warrick and Nick investigate the deaths of a hunter and his prey, a Kodiak bear. Also, Sofia wants to leave the lab - she's unhappy about no longer being a supervisor.

15. KING BABY
When a major Las Vegas player is found dead, Ecklie orders both teams to investigate the case. The man who had secrets on everyone in Vegas had a very big one of his own.

16. BIG MIDDLE
Catherine, Nick, and Warrick investigate a badly mutilated body in the woods. The cause of death was a shotgun blast. Nearby is a beaver dam made in part with cash. Grissom, Sarah, and Greg try to determine how a man was killed in a hotel room. It leads them to a convention of big women.

My Thoughts:
Recently finished off another disc in the season 5 set. Still enjoying the episodes... all episodes on this disc is pretty equally good. So not sure which one I would say is my favorite episode on this disc. Maybe Unbearable. I must admit that the episode King Baby was a bit on the disturbing side.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 28, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »
Dennis the Menace: Season One: Disc 2
8. Tenting Tonight
When Dennis and Tommy camp out in the backyard, Mr. Wilson suspects wild animals are going to attack them.

9. Dennis Sells Bottles
Dennis thinks his dad is broke, so he sells bottles in an attempt to make some extra money.

10. Mr. Wilson's Award
In order to keep Mr. Wilson in town for an award he is due to receive, Dennis is led to believe he and his family are moving to New York.

11. The Christmas Story (a/k/a Dennis & Christmas)
Dennis goes crazy trying to find his gifts.

12. Dennis And The Cowboy
Dennis meets Whip Crawford, his cowboy idol, after Mrs. Webster tells Dennis that Whip will be in the community pageant.

13. Dennis Haunts A House
Mr. Wilson becomes suspicious when he hears noises caused by Dennis and his friends, who've set up their clubhouse in a crawlspace underneath his house.

14. Dennis' Tree House
Mr. Wilson attempts to teach Dennis about bird-watching, and Dennis takes care of a sick bird.

My Thoughts:
Just finished off the second disc of the set. I am still enjoying watching these episodes again. It has been so long since I seen these that it is like watching it for the first time again. While I enjoyed every episode on this disc... I would have to say my favorite for the disc would be between The Christmas Story where Dennis gets very creative trying to find the hidden Christmas presents so he can know what he is getting before Christmas morning... and Dennis Haunts a House was also a lot of fun. Dennis Haunts a House also has a very young Ron Howard in it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »
The Batman: The Complete Third Season: Disc 1
1. Batgirl Begins, Part 1
Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara, recounts a story about a powerful new super-villain sabotaging waste-dumping corporations and her increasingly radical friend, Pamela Isley...

2. Batgirl Begins, Part 2
Continuing where we left off in the first part, a chemical accident mutates Pamela's DNA giving her power over plants and Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl in order to stop Pam from going to jail. But things quickly change when Pamela becomes the super-villain Poison Ivy, kidnapping the Commissioner and placing Batman under her mind-control.

3. A Dark Knight to Remember
When Batman takes a blow to the head during a fight with the Penguin, Bruce Wayne completely forgets about his alter ego. But when Batgirl is captured while saving him, can Bruce muster the courage to rescue her? Meanwhile, Barbara Gordon suspects Bruce Wayne is Batman.

4. A Fistful of Felt
After his most recent crime spree, Arnold Wesker is taken to Arkham and apparently "cured" by Dr. Hugo Strange. A new career as a children's entertainer lies before Wesker ... but can he escape the shadow of Scarface?

5. RPM
A new villain, Gearhead, makes his first appearance robbing a charity race, and Batman soon finds himself forced to upgrade the Batmobile to keep up with the cybernetic bad guy.

6. Brawn
The Joker is on a rampage when he gets hold of Bane's injection system and turns himself into a rampaging beast. However, when Batman fails to stop the Joker's wrath, Batgirl must learn to overcome her own physical limitations in order to save the day.

7. The Laughing Cats
When a rare Black Siberian Leopard is stolen, Batman and Batgirl suspect Catwoman and go to protect the second Black Siberian Leopard. But what happens when Joker beats them to the punch and brings the cats to Killgore Steed? It's a maze of doom with dangerous creatures. Can Catwoman, Batman, and Batgirl escape, or will they end up on Joker's wall?

My Thoughts:
As I have said before on this series... these DVD sets are my first taste of this cartoon. While I have had to get used to how they draw some of the characters... over all I been enjoying the show quite a bit. Odd thing about season 3. This is the season they introduce Batgirl.  The odd thing about it... while it is Barbara Gordon that is Batgirl.. they made her Batman's first side-kick. They haven't even introduced Robin yet (from what I understand they did that in season 4). But as far as I can remember... at least in all the material I have either seen or read... Batgirl was never actually Batman's side-kick. Someone can correct me if I am remembering wrong. They also introduced Poison Ivy this season. And they started out the season with Barbara Gordon  and Pamela Isley (Poison Ivy) being friends from school (they are both teens). They drew both of the new characters pretty good. Though I think they could have done Batgirl's costume a little better. Over-all I am still enjoying the series quite a bit. And I am looking forward to completing this season and hopefully before too long seeing the final 2 seasons as well.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #753 on: May 08, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »
As I have said before on this series... these DVD sets are my first taste of this cartoon. While I have had to get used to how they draw some of the characters... over all I been enjoying the show quite a bit. Odd thing about season 3. This is the season they introduce Batgirl.  The odd thing about it... while it is Barbara Gordon that is Batgirl.. they made her Batman's first side-kick. They haven't even introduced Robin yet (from what I understand they did that in season 4). But as far as I can remember... at least in all the material I have either seen or read... Batgirl was never actually Batman's side-kick. Someone can correct me if I am remembering wrong. They also introduced Poison Ivy this season. And they started out the season with Barbara Gordon  and Pamela Isley (Poison Ivy) being friends from school (they are both teens). They drew both of the new characters pretty good. Though I think they could have done Batgirl's costume a little better. Over-all I am still enjoying the series quite a bit. And I am looking forward to completing this season and hopefully before too long seeing the final 2 seasons as well.

You have to remember, Pete, that the series/films/whatever will always play second fiddle to the comic, which is how it should be. So what you'll get is essentially an adaptation. It sounds like the series is making a mash-up of characters. Bat-Girl was briefly Barbara Gordon in the original DC stories and then another character took over, but she was off and on a sidekick or villain. And there have been so many Robins that she was probably a sidekick in between different incarnations!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 15, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Scrubs: The Complete Sixth Season (Disc 1)
Fill your prescription for laughs with the sixth dose of the Emmy® Award-winning Scrubs. The doctors of Sacred Heart make their rounds in the most surreal comedy on network television.

Expect big bundles of laughs this year as J.D. and Kim, Turk and Carla, and Dr. Cox and Jordan are all expecting little bundles of joy, and the entire crew take an unforgettable road trip.

Continue your Scrubs collection with all 22 episodes of the groundbreaking sitcom's sensational sixth season. With a band of hilarious guest stars and exclusive bonus features, including alternate takes and bloopers, this three-disc box set is the perfect cure for the entertainment blues.

EPISODES:
1. My Mirror Image
2. My Best Friend's Baby's Baby and My Baby's Baby
3. My Coffee
4. My House
5. My Friend with Money
6. My Musical
7. His Story IV
8. My Road to Nowhere

My Thoughts:
I couldn't wait to check out some of the sixth season's episodes... so I was quick to pop in disc one. I am still enjoying the episodes. But not quite as much as I did the earlier episodes. It seems the idea and style of the show is starting to get a little old. Don't get me wrong. At this point I still want to complete the series. It just seems the show has hit it's peak and is on the way down. The sixth episodes of the sixth season is a musical episode. I despise musical episodes of TV series. I don't understand why they keep doing these. One of my all time favorite shows (Grey's Anatomy) just recently did a musical episode as well. And as much as I love that series... it was very hard to get through that episode. Enough with the musical episodes already!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »
She-Wolf of London / Love and Curses: The Complete Series: Disc One
1. She-Wolf of London
An American graduate student, Randi Wallace, comes to England to study mythology under Prof lan Matheson. While spending a night on the moors, Randi is attacked and bitten by a werewolf. Can Randi find the werewolf and sever the bloodline, or is this to be the first day of the rest of her curse?

2. The Bogman of Letchmoor Heath
A series of bizarre murders takes place in a quaint English village. Could the bogman Ian's aunt recently unearthd be responsible for the killings? And does the descendant of Celtic priests hold the key to Randi's cure?

3. Moonlight Becomes You
A woman seeking her brother mistakenly believes lan and Randi to be responsible for his disappearance. When she reveals that her brother is a werewolf, lan and Randi take up the investigation by making inquiries at a local mental hospital. But why are patients "who go to see the wolf" dying mysteriously? And what happens when a leading psychologist discovers Randi is really a werewolf?

4. The Juggler
Ian's nephew, Julian, befriends a new girl at his school. Her father, a minister, has recently made sonic fast enemies by evicting a local coven from church property, The leader of the coven vows revenge on her and her father. Who is the devil-clown which has been stalking her? And will any of them live through the fireworks on Guy Fawkes Day?

5. Nice Girls Don't
An aged man who claims to be only 27 years old seeks Ian and Randi's help. Ian believes him to be a mere crank, but Randi suspects that a succubus, a ravenous sexual vampire-like being, is responsible. Ian and Randi locate and capture the succubus, but not before she manages to suck 50 years out of Ian! Can Randi strike a bargain with the head succubus and regain Ian's youth for him, or is it time for Ian to make the most out of his sunset years?

My Thoughts:
This is a series I bought blind... after doing a little research I found out it is a short-lived series that ran for 2 short seasons. The first season aired under the title of She-Wolf of London. While the very short (6 episodes) had the series relocated to LA and had the name of the series changed to Love and Curses. I had heard that the series is good during the first season... but it went drastically downhill for the second season.

I found out that this is about more then just werewolves. It feels a bit like The X-Files where the professor and the student (the She-Wolf) are searching for a cure... and while at it run into... and handle... more of the Supernatural.

I would say my favorite episode on the first disc would have to be Moonlight Becomes You. This one happens to be just about werewolves. But the entire episode had me completely hooked. So far I am really enjoying the series... look forward to finishing up the set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 17, 2011, 09:30:54 PM »
Scrubs: The Complete Sixth Season (Discs 2-3)
Fill your prescription for laughs with the sixth dose of the Emmy® Award-winning Scrubs. The doctors of Sacred Heart make their rounds in the most surreal comedy on network television.

Expect big bundles of laughs this year as J.D. and Kim, Turk and Carla, and Dr. Cox and Jordan are all expecting little bundles of joy, and the entire crew take an unforgettable road trip.

Continue your Scrubs collection with all 22 episodes of the groundbreaking sitcom's sensational sixth season. With a band of hilarious guest stars and exclusive bonus features, including alternate takes and bloopers, this three-disc box set is the perfect cure for the entertainment blues.

EPISODES:
9. My Perspective
10. My Therapeutic Month
11. My Night to Remember
12. My Fishbowl
13. My Scrubs
14. My No Good Reason
15. My Long Goodbye
16. My Words of Wisdom
17. Their Story
18. My Turf War
19. My Cold Shower
20. My Conventional Wisdom
21. My Rabbit
22. My Point of No Return

My Thoughts:
I decided to go ahead and finish off this set. After watching the first disc of season 6 I felt that the show went down hill a bit for me. But shortly after that I found myself getting into it once again. The silly daydreams that the main character has is entertaining... but I think you really need to be in the mood to watch something silly to really get into this series. I think my favorite character has to be Elliott Reed played by Sarah Chalke. I get a kick out of how fast she gets talking when she gets excited. I am looking forward to hopefully getting more seasons before too long. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get a season or two for my birthday. I still need 3 more seasons to complete this series. If I am not mistaking... the final three seasons were all short seasons.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 18, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
The Batman: The Complete Third Season: Disc 2
8. Fleurs de Mal
When her father, along with other high-ranking Gotham officials, begins to embrace environmental causes after the delivery of mysterious plants, Barbara discovers that they've been replaced with plant-based copies created by Poison Ivy and teams up with Batman to stop her and their own evil clones.

9. Cash for Toys
When Wayne Industries shuts down Cosmo Krank, a toymaker with a spotty safety record, the demented villain takes revenge by trying to shut down Bruce Wayne - permanently - with his diabolical toys.

10. The Apprentice
Inspired by the Batman/Batgirl partnership, the Joker decides to recruit his own sidekick, a classmate at Barbara's school, and eliminate Batgirl and Batman.

11. Thunder
Maximillian Zeus, a millionaire who is also a Greek history fanatic, takes control of Gotham from the sky with his giant aircraft, New Olympus, after losing to Mayor Grange in a re-election. Can Batman and Batgirl bring him down before he incinerates the city?

12. The Icy Depths
The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and Alfred's old school chum are all on the trail of a sunken treasure in Gotham Harbor.

13. Gotham's Ultimate Criminal Mastermind
Hugo Strange creates a AI database called DAVE (Digitally Advanced Villain Emulator), encoded with the minds of Gotham's greatest criminals, in order to better predict their crimes. However, DAVE breaks free and proclaims himself to be "Gotham's ultimate criminal mastermind".

My Thoughts:
This finishes off the 3rd season of this incarnation of Batman. I enjoyed it well enough... and I am getting used to this style of animation. Batgirl is a nice addition to the show. I like what they did with her. But I did find it funny that she was in most of the episodes... trying to convince Batman to make her his side-kick. And finally when there was like 3 episodes left in the season she succeeds... getting some nice toys in a new official utility belt. Only to disappear for the rest of the season. Oh well I am sure she will be back for season 4. Season 4 is also the season that Robin first appears... so looking forward to seeing how they did him. I still need to add seasons 4 & 5 to my collection to complete this series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
     The Apprentice: The Complete First Season (2004/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

You haven't seen The Apprentice until you see it on DVD! Donald Trump, one of America's most successful businessmen, teams up with Executive Producer Mark Burnett (Survivor) to create a thrilling, no holds barred game where the ultimate prize is the dream job of a lifetime.

Now experience the phenomenon like never before with all the best moments you didn't see on TV, including an exclusive sneak peak at The Apprentice 2!

Episodes:
1. Meet the Billionaire
2. Sex, Lies and Altitude
3. Respect
4. Ethics Shmethics
5. Trading Places
6. Tit for Tat
7. Dupe-Lex
8. Ice Escapades
9. DNA, Heads and the Undead Kitty
10. Wheeling and Dealing
11. A Look Back
12. Circus, Circus
13. The Price is Height
14. Down to the Wire
15. Season Finale

Stars:
Donald Trump as Himself
Bill Rancic as Himself
Kwame Jackson as Himself
Amelia Henry as Herself
Nick Warnock as Himself
Troy McClain as Himself

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I ever seen this particular reality series. I have however seen and enjoyed the Celebrity version which I have watched for a few seasons now. I enjoyed what I saw here... but I prefer the celebrity version much more going by what I seen here. I heard through-out the celebrity seasons I saw about how off this one player Omarosa was. Turns out she was on this season. I was expecting a lot worse from her then what I saw here. Some of the celebrity players I saw have been much more nuts. Anyway... I consider this one to be a good show... but nothing spectacular. The DVD itself hit on a pet peeve of mine. I believe TV Series should always have a chapter stop just after the opening credits. I mean how often can you sit there and watch the opening credits within one set... especially when you are watching a set in marathon mode? So instead of just having to click the next button and I am automatically back to the show... I have to fast forward through the opening credits. A minor thing... yes... but one that I really find unnecessary.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
Oh, wow, Pete! What timing, thank you. I'd forgotten the UK version is on tonight in about 3 minutes! :training:

I love the UK version over the US one, because our contestants are hilarious. Such complete tits, almost every one of them!

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon", one girl said last week!  :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
 :laugh: Glad I could help remind you. :)

We just had the season finale of the Celebrity version this past week.  I found the celebrities are much more nuts then everyday people!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2011, 12:04:24 AM »
     Beverly Hills 90210: The Pilot Episode (1990/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

The Walsh Family moves from Minnesota to Beverly Hills where twins Brandon (Jason Priestley) and Brenda (Shannon Doherty) enroll in West Beverly Hills High. Each member of this solid, all-American Midwest family is challenged by the excitement, romance and glamour of Beverly Hills.

Stars:
Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
Brian Austin Green as David Silver

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a series I never watched before. But figured it lasted 10 years... there must be something good about it. I went into this one curious but with low expectations. Plus I was looking forward to seeing Shannen Doherty in an early role. Who I became a fan of from watching her in Charmed. I was kinda surprised... I could barely recognize her... took me a few minutes to realize it was her. The show is better then I was expecting and I can see myself collecting the series. But it isn't one I would be super-anxious to complete. Just a good, solid series. Of course this is going only by the pilot episode... my opinion could easily change... either way... with a few more episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
"Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon", one girl said last week!  :hysterical:
:o

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »
     My Own Worst Enemy: Complete Series: Disc 1 (2008/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

1. Breakdown
When Henry becomes aware that he is sharing a body with a highly trained secret operative, he questions everything and everyone he's ever trusted.

2. Hummingbird
Henry is boggled when he realizes his childhood memories are mere fabrications: meanwhile, Edward is tasked with kidnapping a German software engineer.

3. Hello, Henry
Double-crossing is the name of the game when Edward tries to attain schematics to Russia's next-generation nuclear bomb and Henry agrees to meet with an inquiring FBI agent.

4. That Is Not My Son
Henry and Edward's fates lie in the hands of another when Henry wakes up during the middle of one of Edward's explosive rescue missions.

5. The Night Train To Moscow
Emotions run high when Henry suspects his wife, Angie, of being a spy, while Edward makes a dangerous deal for information regarding his past.

Stars:
Christian Slater as Henry Spivey / Edward Albright
Mike O'Malley as Tom Grady / Raymond Carter
Saffron Burrows as Dr. Norah Skinner
Mädchen Amick as Angelica "Angie" Spivey
Taylor Lautner as Jack Spivey

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I got to see this series. I remember when it was originally on TV and I wanted to check it out... but there was already two shows I taped at that time and night. So because of limitations of my DVR I wasn't able to watch it at the time. Christian Slater is the star of this show. I never really been that big of a fan of his. But at the same time I never disliked him. Just never overly impressed with him. After watching the pilot episode I thought to myself this show could either go really good or it could go really bad. After watching the first disc I have to wonder how this series was canceled after only 9 episodes. It seems NBC is getting as bad as FOX when it comes to not giving a show a chance. I am really enjoying this one... looking forward to watching the next disc. Even with the thoughts that this series is most likely doomed to end in a cliffhanger since it was never given a real chance to succeed.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
     Worst Week: The Complete Series: Disc 1 (2008/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Worst Week is an outrageous comedy series about a guy, a girl, her parents and a side-splitting assortment of catastrophes. Sam (Kyle Bornheimer, Jericho) and Melanie (Erinn Hayes, Kitchen Confidential) are engaged with a baby on the way - so winning over her parents is job #1 for Sam. Stern judge Dick (Kurtwood Smith, That '70s Show) and overprotective Angela (Nancy Lenehan, My Name Is Earl) are willing to give this well-meaning young man the benefit of the doubt, but something utterly disastrous happens every time they get together. That won't stop Sam from trying though and, with supportive Melanie doing damage control, he'll just keep jumping back into the fray, hoping to charm his way into the good graces of his future in-laws. Each time he tries though the mishaps get crazier. Based on the acclaimed British sitcom The Worst Week of My Life, this madcap comedy from one of the twisted minds that brought you Scrubs boldly goes where no family misadventure has gone before.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Bird
3. The Monitor
4. The Truck
5. The Party
6. The Club
7. The Ring
8. The Vows

Stars:
Kyle Bornheimer as Sam Briggs
Erinn Hayes as Melanie Clayton
Nancy Lenehan as Angela Clayton
Jay Malone as Adam
Kurtwood Smith as Dick Clayton

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I finally got to finish the firs disc of this short-lived comedy. This is a strange case here. While I find it to be a funny show... I saw the cancellation coming as soon as I saw the pilot episode. Just by the style of the comedy and the storyline I knew it couldn't hold up at any significant length. Though I am enjoying what there was of it. While I watched this series when it originally aired... I stopped watching somewhere within the next couple of episodes. So I am looking forward to seeing what they did with the episodes I never seen.  Going by the list of episodes and the images on the menu the series gets to the point of the baby being born. So I am hoping at least that this one don't end with a cliffhanger.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete