Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes  (Read 13612 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »
I haven't seen anything in 3D since I was a kid... shortly after that I had an eye injury... causing me to be blind in one eye. And 3D just don't work when you can only see out of one eye.  :(
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »
Pete, do not think you are missing out on anything. As Achim says, 3D is just a bloody gimmick. Mark Kermode is very passionate about this argument. Check this out!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 02:42:22 PM »
I don't like the 3D glasses - they distract me. Only when 3D becomes a part of the film itself will I enjoy it.

Critter

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
How do they distract you exactly? I can understand how some people don't like 3D, I myself am getting sick of seeing it pop up in every second film released now but I've never found the glasses annoying. It's just like wearing sunglasses. I myself wear glasses 24/7 so when I have the 3D it means I have two pairs, the 3D over the top but even then it never bothers me.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 03:13:02 PM »
Pete, do not think you are missing out on anything. As Achim says, 3D is just a bloody gimmick. Mark Kermode is very passionate about this argument. Check this out!

:laugh: Thanks Jon! I guess it is just a little disheartening when it seems like every other movie is coming out in 3D now... and I couldn't see these effects even if I wanted to.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »
How do they distract you exactly? I can understand how some people don't like 3D, I myself am getting sick of seeing it pop up in every second film released now but I've never found the glasses annoying. It's just like wearing sunglasses. I myself wear glasses 24/7 so when I have the 3D it means I have two pairs, the 3D over the top but even then it never bothers me.

I don't like wearing the 3D glasses over my normal ones, but your comment "just like wearing sunglasses" is one of my main complaints. You wouldn't dream of wearing tinted glasses in a cinema normally, yet that's what we happily do for 3D. It ruins the colour! While I was watching Avatar and trying to get the glasses to fit properly I kept taking them off. It's actually a very bright and colourful film, but could I tell? Could I hell.

The only time 3D will be properly feasible as a real leap forward is when you don't have to wear special glasses and people with eye problems like Pete aren't alienated.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
I agree... when they get to the point they can give realistic 3D without the aid of glasses they will be doing something... but afraid that won't be in our lifetime.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »
Actually, don't speak too soon. It will happen in the next few years or 3D will fizzle out all-together as people get fed-up of the glasses...

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/163047,3d-without-the-annoying-glasses-is-it-possible.aspx

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Well... maybe we will have something to look forward too then!  :thumbsup:
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
I absolutely bloody hate having to wear to pairs of glasses to see a 3D film... it drives my crazy! your nose gets sweaty, its uncomfortable and as Jon said... it ruins the colours!

I went to see Up, and I kept thinking the colours are crap in this movie... I removed the glasses and it changed my mind... had I not paid £3 more to go see Up in 3D id have taken the glasses off and through them on the floor.

..Im sick of 3D ... I don't think its the way forward... I think its a gimmick... a way to get people to watch two movies.... until a TV that is capable of watching a film in 3D that costs a decent price exists Why even make stuff like Avatar 3D? the only way you can really experience that movie is for two months in a cinema.

Rant O/