Author Topic: The Bounty Hunter  (Read 3526 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Bounty Hunter
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:51:51 AM »
I decided to go see The Bounty Hunter earlier this week.  I fully expected the story to be a bit silly and I wasn’t expecting a lot from the movie other than to be entertained.  This isn’t the best movie I’ve seen, but it still manages to be entertaining.

Milo Boyd is a struggling bounty hunter who use to be a cop.  After a job doesn’t go that well, he is ecstatic when his next job is to pick up Nicole Hurley, his ex-wife.  She is a reporter who misses a court date because she is chasing a story.  The two of them fight while dealing with dangerous situations they end up in.

The plot is interesting, though it could have been a bit more original.  There is a little bit of mystery to what is going with the story Nicole is working on, though it isn’t that complicated to figure out.  There really isn’t much suspense and the plot is mostly predictable.  Despite that, I still thought the movie was entertaining.  The humor also could have been a bit stronger, but it works for what is going on and I did find several things funny.  Action turns up every so often as well.  I do think there is a good blend between the action and the comedy. 

Milo and Nicole both have issues that make it harder to like them even though neither of them really is bad.  Both of them can be stubborn.  Nicole does have a tendency to act first and think later, so she ends up in dangerous situations because of that.  Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston are fine in their parts. 

Overall, I did enjoy the movie even though it could have had a stronger plot.

I did post a review on Epinions.

The Bounty Hunter

I would have gone with 3.5 stars for my review at Epinions if I had the option.  Since I didn’t, I decided to round up to 4.

karmesinrot

Re: The Bounty Hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »
I'm going to see it on Wednesday with a couple of friends who prefer to pick the movies they watch based on male eye candy  :P Wasn't expecting to like it too much but your review gives me hope!  :)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
It is probably best to go into the movie with low expectations.  It does have some funny moments.  And Butler is almost naked at one point. So your friends should like that part anyway. ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »
My God naked peoples... How someone can watch a movie with naked people? That's filthy and dirty

karmesinrot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
I ended up going to see this today instead of last week. I was expecting the usual rom-com stuff and I was actually really suprised!  ;D I thought the film was laugh-out-loud in several places and the different plotlines kept the story fresh, if slightly predictable. Plus Jennifer Aniston looked gorgeous the whole way through..Gerard Butler not so much (think my friends were a tad dissapointed)  :P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:18 AM »
I'm glad you ended up enjoying the movie. 
Oh..and Jimmy...I don't have a problem when people are naked in movies.  Though I do mention it in reviews since I know some people do have ...concerns or issues.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »
Marie I wasn't serious. Seriously I'm the guy who had started a XXX review topic on this forum and write a blog dedicated at those movies alone :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
I know you did.  :)  Just thought I would mention why I do that.