Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 2/19 - 2/21  (Read 21626 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 2/19 - 2/21
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
Wasn't Patsy also a singer?  That would probably turn Pete off...  :thundergod:

Well... as long as she can keep her mouth shut in bed.... no wait... not a good idea!  :laugh:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
 :hysterical:

Kill Cruise, eh? Also has a young Liz Hurley in, so that's a good point, but the film is terrible.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »
I was afraid of that. Seeing Liz Hurley's name on the front cover is the reason I bought it. Luckily it is just a cheap $1 DVD I picked up at The Dollar Tree (store where everything in the store is only $1 each).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »

Title: Lethal Weapon 3
Year: 1992
Director: Richard Donner
Rating: R
Length: 118 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Mel Gibson as Martin Riggs
Danny Glover as Roger Murtaugh
Joe Pesci as Leo Getz
Rene Russo as Lorna Cole
Stuart Wilson (1946) as Jack Travis

Plot:
OK, OK, OK. They're back in their most successful, most explosive, most hilarious smash hit yet. They come, they see, they kick butt in a caper that has LA police detectives Riggs (Gibson) and Murtaugh (Glover) ripping into a vicious crime ring dealing guns to the streets.

Joe Pesci returns as shady ex-mob accountant Leo Getz, and Rene Russo ads a lethal kick as Internal Affairs investigator Lorna Cole, like Riggs a born risktaker. Risks are everywhere: a high-rise explodes into dust, a housing tract goes up like matchsticks, Riggs takes an 80-foot plunge on a motorcycle. Lethal Weapon 3 isn't just more of everything. It's the most!

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Woke up this morning... figured what the heck... may as well continue with the Lethal Weapon movies. What can I say... it been years since I seen any of these! I like how with every movie they add a new main cast member.  Rene Russo was a good addition to the cast. I think she makes for a good love interest for Riggs. I have to say... the whole comparing scars scene was pretty fun. Of course they have Joe Pesci back as Leo Getz... who is as annoying (but funny) as ever. And I had to laugh at the beginning of the movie... the armor car chase where Murtaugh gets a ride with that female drive that then develops a thing for him. It really added some laughs to an action packed scene. Oh and the scene where Riggs takes a bite out of an onion like it was an apple. I don't know how he could do that. Yuck! I hate onions! But what got me was he bit into it without any expression on his face. Maybe it wasn't a real onion. And I must mention because it is easily missed... there is another good laugh at the very end of this movie... after all the end credits. So be sure to wait and see the final scene!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »

Title: Lethal Weapon 4
Year: 1998
Director: Richard Donner
Rating: R
Length: 127 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Mel Gibson as Martin Riggs
Danny Glover as Roger Murtaugh
Joe Pesci as Leo Getz
Rene Russo as Lorna Cole
Chris Rock as Lee Butters

Plot:
Pure dynamite! The LETHAL WEAPON team has done it again, putting the match to the fuse and putting the WOW! back on screen for LETHAL WEAPON 4.

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover return as buddy cops Riggs and Murtaugh, with Joe Pesci riding comedy shotgun as chatterbox Leo. Murtaugh is still the family man. Riggs is still the gonzo loose cannon and – what's this? – family man. His will he/won't he marriage to Cole (Rene Russo) is one of the new wrinkles in this powerhouse crowd-pleaser that also stars comedy favorite Chris Rock and international action star Jet Li. Wedding bells, ammo shells, explosive laughter – this one's fully loaded!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
Interviews
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Well... what did you expect to see next? Come on... there is no way I could watch the first 3 and not watch the final one! This time they added Chris Rock to the gang. Which is a good thing... I like him. But I do wish they would have made his character a little different I don't know... but he seemed a little too similar to Joe Pesci's character. I did however really liked the running gag where Murtaugh didn't know why he was always being extra nice to him and all. That one got more then one laugh out of me. We also get to see Jet Li in this one. This is the first thing I ever seen him in. And I enjoyed him in it. He is definitely a bad-ass! But I am embarrassed to say they only things in my collection with him in it is this and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. This was a good strong finish to the franchise. And one I am actually sorry to see come. I could watch another one or two Lethal Weapon movies!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
Why are you embarrassed to only have two Jet Li movies? They're just about the only two he has done in America. His best movies are Chinese and if you start down that road, you'll find your way to the ultimate bad-asses like Chow Yun Fat and Bruce Lee, who I know have made American movies too, but hey you get what you I mean!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 04:11:30 PM »
Then that is probably why they are the only two I have.  :P Thanks Jon
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

Title: Doctor Strange
Year: 2007
Director: Jay Oliva
Rating: PG-13
Length: 76 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Bryce Johnson as Doctor Strange
Paul Nakauchi as Wong
Kevin Michael Richardson as Mordo
Michael Yama as Ancient One
Susan Spano as Dr. Gina Atwater

Plot:
Peel back the layers of reality and behold a stunning realm hidden beneath. One of magic and wonder. Of sorcery and enchantment. Of ancient spells, secret doors and remarkable heroes who protect us from evil. Because this is also a world of dark mysticism, malevolent forces and unspeakable horrors. And within the shadows around us, a supernatural war is waged. But the balance is shifting. Darkness is winning. Yet there is hope...

Join us as Dr. Stephen Strange embarks on a wondrous journey to the heights of a Tibetan mountain, where he seeks healing at the feet of the mysterious Ancient One. But before his wounds can mend, Strange must first let go of his painful past and awaken a gift granted to very few. The gift of magic.

Empowered as the new Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange now tests his limits, rising up against monsters that push at the gates, facing the most terrifying entity humankind has ever known.

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Next I felt like watching something I never seen before... so thought I would pop this one in. O bought it recently when I found it on sale cheap. Going into it... I know next to nothing about this character. But I must say... I found him pretty interesting. It was a nice introduction story to the character. I am glad I added it to my collection.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete