Author Topic: A Shopping Guide to Amazon.com (German)  (Read 2513 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
A Shopping Guide to Amazon.com (German)
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »
Hi,

I just wanted to point out this blog posting which I wrote just today.

It's in German because it's only interesting for Germans and the German users here are probably savvy enough to know all of this themselves, but in case there are newcomers or otherwise interested readers:

This blog post deals with intelligent ordering at Amazon.com and how to avoid import taxes: A Shopping Guide to Amazon.com.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A Shopping Guide to Amazon.com (German)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »
My German leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think you mentioned that you can get free shipping from Amazon UK if you order for more than £25. But all items have to be sold and fulfilled by Amazon, or sold by someone else and fulfilled by Amazon, but you can't mix.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
you can get free shipping from Amazon UK if you order for more than £25

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_492868_top_ss2?nodeId=1204872
Eligible European Destinations (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Sweden)
:(
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 06:27:03 AM »
Oh! I hadn't noticed that it didn't apply to Germany. I just assumed that it applied equally to all EU countries. My bad! I wonder what the reason is? It sure has saved me a bundle over the years.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:08:23 AM »
Oh! I hadn't noticed that it didn't apply to Germany. I just assumed that it applied equally to all EU countries. My bad! I wonder what the reason is? It sure has saved me a bundle over the years.

Maybe it is only for countries without their own amazon. They don't want to be their own competition.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »
Maybe it is only for countries without their own amazon. They don't want to be their own competition.
Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thanks Tom!