Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Mystery Marathon  (Read 24221 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Mystery Marathon
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »
OK Jimmy... I am leaving it up to you again!
2 old reviews removed and changed for this one.
You lost one review from your total :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
 That is ok... I think I can spare it!  :laugh:

But which are you talking about... put that after 2 movies... Bay Cove and The Hallow!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Did the same with The Hollow. You see that I read all your reviews, since I didn't do it at the same time ;D
I've replace the one with Jennifer Gardner.

So you have lost 2 reviews in the total :tease:
I don't know why, but I don't think anyone here will catch you because of this :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:40:12 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah... I don't think it will hurt me too much!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »

Title: House
Year: 1985
Director: Steve Miner
Rating: R
Length: 92 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
William Katt as Roger Cobb
George Wendt as Harold Gorton
Richard Moll as Big Ben
Kay Lenz as Sandy
Mary Stavin as Tanya

Plot:
Horror novelist Roger Cobb is a man on the edge, reeling from his recent divorce, haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his young son, and struggling with his new book about his traumatic experiences in Vietnam. But when he moves into the strange house left to him by his late aunt, Roger's precarious sanity comes under siege by nightmares of his dead war buddy, visits from a nosy neighbor, and an onslaught of hideous creatures from another dimension. Horror has found a new home, and it's fully furnished with murder, monsters and madness!

William Katt (CARRIE, THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO), George Wendt (CHEERS), Richard Moll (NIGHT COURT) and Kay Lenz (STRIPPED TO KILL) star in this outrageously scary horror hit, produced by Sean S. Cunningham (FRIDAY THE 13TH) and directed by Steve Miner (WARLOCK, HALLOWEEN: H2O).

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
As you can see from the Overview... This movie has 3 TV Stars to make this movie relevant for this marathon. It has William Katt, George Wendt & Richard Moll. This is a fun Comedy-Horror movie. It is not perfect... but it is definitely entertaining. I really enjoyed George Wendt as the neighbor. Worth checking out for some non-sense fun.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

NOTE: Jimmy... there is another review for House by me available.. but this one has more info so you can just change the link to this one.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »

Title: Bruce Almighty: Widescreen
Year: 2003
Director: Tom Shadyac
Rating: PG-13
Length: 101 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DTS 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Jim Carrey (1962) as Bruce Nolan
Morgan Freeman (1937) as God
Jennifer Aniston as Grace Connelly
Philip Baker Hall as Jack Baylor
Catherine Bell as Susan Ortega

Plot:
Comic genius Jim Carrey stars with Jennifer Aniston and Morgan Freeman in the entertaining comedy hit of the year that critics are applauding as a "laugh a minute" (Jim Ferguson, FOX-TV). Bruce Nolan (Carrey) is a TV reporter who believes the entire universe is stacked against him. In a life-altering encounter, the Big Guy Upstairs (Freeman) endows Bruce with all of His divine powers and challenges Bruce to take on the big job to see if he can do it any better. Bruce Almighty is the wildly funny comedy featuring "Jim Carrey at his best!" (Leonard Maltin, Hot Ticket)

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
Outtakes/Bloopers
DVD-ROM Content

My Thoughts:
I watched this movie for Jennifer Aniston (Friends) and Catherine Bell (JAG). I have already watched this one several times so I am surprised there wasn't a review up for it here yet. The first thing I noticed was that the DVD had trailers before the menu. Which is no big deal... but you couldn't bypass them by hitting the Menu button or then Next button. Best you could do is fast forward through them. The movie itself I really enjoyed. Definitely has some hilarious parts in it. And I think Morgan Freeman as God was great.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

Title: Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
Year: 2005
Director: Mike Johnson, Tim Burton
Rating: PG
Length: 77 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1, Music Only: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Victor Van Dort (Voice)
Helena Bonham Carter as Corpse Bride (Voice)
Emily Watson as Victoria Everglot (Voice)
Tracey Ullman as Nell Van Dort/Hildegarde (Voice)
Paul Whitehouse as William Van Dort/Mayhew/Paul The Head (Voice)

Plot:
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride carries on in the dark, romantic tradition of his classic Edward Scissorhands and Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Set in a 19th-century European village, this stop-motion animated feature follows the story of Victor (voiced by Johnny Depp), a young man whisked away to the underworld and wed to a mysterious Corpse Bride (voiced by Helena Bonham Carter), while his real bride Victoria (voiced by Emily Watson) waits bereft in the land of the living. Though life in the Land of the Dead proves to be a lot more colorful than his strict upbringing, Victor learns that there is nothing in this world - or the next - that can keep him away from his one true love. It's a tale of optimism, romance and a very lively afterlife, told in classic Burton style.

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I am watching this one in this marathon for 2 reasons. First it stars Johnny Depp who starred in the TV Series 21 Jump Street back in the '80s. And also because Brittany wanted to watch a movie with me. And I let her decide what she wanted to watch. And this was her pick. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride is a fun animated movie that is good for the entire family any time... but especially around Halloween. This is the first taste of Tim Burton's animation I ever had as I still never seen Tim Buton's Nightmare Before Christmas... but think I may have to see about adding it to my collection as well. I will say that there is a little too much music in this movie for my taste. But it is bearable. I still enjoyed it... I would have just enjoyed it more without the songs in it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

NOTE: Jimmy... I already have a review for this movie... but this one is more detailed so you can just change the links so that it links to this one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
This marathon could have been name the "Jimmy change the link marathon" :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
 :laugh: Well... Everything I watched this weekend I seen before. Besides... had to give you something to do on this lazy Sunday!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 05:25:52 AM »
:laugh: Well... Everything I watched this weekend I seen before. Besides... had to give you something to do on this lazy Sunday!  :tease:
I did say that was the theme  :redcard: :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »
 :laugh: It happened that way... but it didn't HAVE to happen that way. There is a few movies I own I never seen before that would have fit in the theme I chose.  :tease:
Pete