Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Multi-Themes  (Read 25736 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Multi-Themes
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 11:28:12 PM »
Next...
Prom Night Double Feature
I think next up is the last 2 of the Prom Night sequels. I am going into these movies not expecting much... as I heard they were both pretty bad... though I heard Part 3 was the worse of them all. I am mostly looking forward to this because Prom Night 4 stars a young Nicole deBoer... who I have been a fan of ever since I first saw her on the TV Series The Dead Zone. So next up is going to be...

1. Prom Night 3: The Last Kiss
2. Prom Night 4: Deliver Us from Evil
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 01:29:32 AM »
You are hard on those films Pete... They are fun and you must take them in their context. They are exploitation film from the last century beginning. Their a lot of racy moments in them for the time that were impossible to find in the Hollywood productions because of the Hayes Code. Just a couple of exemple : the drunk guy who left his beer bottle flow in Assassin of Youth or the bad guys in this same film who are Italo-American and have italian name (a big no-no in the code) or the skinny dipping in Assassin of Youth (one of the girl sure look 50 years old :laugh:). Those films were out of the regular circuit and were shown from town to town by pionneer like Dwayne Esper or S.S. Millard or Kroger Babb. I even have 3 different copies of Reefer Madness :laugh:

By the way have you remarked that before the accident in Reefer Madness the car pass at least 3 times in the same road. This poor old man was sure unlucky :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »

Title: Prom Night III: The Last Kiss
Year: 1989
Director: Ron Oliver, Peter Simpson
Rating: R
Length: 95 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo, English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Tim Conlon
Cyndy Preston
David Stratton
Courtney Taylor
Dylan Neal

Plot:
Thirty years ago prom queen Mary Lou Maloney died in a fire at Hamilton High. But this hot tomato just won't stay dead. She's come back...for some fun. She falls in love with a handsome hunk, Alex, and suddenly the boy is earning straight A's and scoring for the football team, as well as with the lovestruck Mary Lou.

But Mary Lou's magic turns to murder when anyone gets in her way. As the body count grows, Alex is no longer sure she can handlethis vicious vixen. But there is no escape, as Alex learns when he dares to resist Mary Lou's hot lips.

Extras:
Scene Access
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Before watching this movie I found the trailer online to watch. And let me tell you t didn't make me to confident in the movie. They turned it much more towards comedy then they did horror. Now I normally enjoy a good comedy horror... but I don't like it that they went from a straight horror and then turned comedic with a sequel. But the problem is that the comedy in it is just not funny. It just makes you want to shake your head in disapproval. I wouldn't say I didn't get any entertainment value out of it... but it is definitely not good. I am however glad that I heard the next part is better then this one. I am really not counting on it... but I sure hope so!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 03:52:16 AM »
Title: Reefer Madness
This movie also had it's moments... but another one that I just find to be an average movie. Not something I can see myself watching often. Just don't think these movies is my thing. Unfortunately the copy of this movie that I have is in pretty bad shape. The bad video was pretty distracting.

It has some kind of cult status, but I found it to be an utterly boring affair. Maybe you have to be in a crowd and smoke some Mary Jane to enjoy it.

Now, while it may not appeal to Pete, let me recommend to everyone else Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical, a brilliant adaptation made in 2005 and maybe the best horror musical ever - clearly surpassing the likes of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Little Shop of Horrors (and I do like both of them to some extent).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:55:47 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »

Title: Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil
Year: 1992
Director: Clay Borris
Rating: R
Length: 92 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Nikki de Boer
Alden Kane
Joy Tanner
Alle Ghadban
Ken McGregor

Plot:
A maniacal killer stalks two young couples on the night of their prom in this fourth installment of the hit "Prom Night" series. After 33 years in captivity, a possessed man who is "evil beyond imagination" escapes and makes his way to a monastery he knows from his youth. But it is now a summer home where four teens are celebrating prom night in their own special way. The kids intended to make this an everning to remember...their uninvited guest turns it into a night of unspeakable terror you'll never forget!

Extras:
Scene Access
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Well this one is definitely better then part 3. It still not a realy good movie... but at least I was able to enjoy it. It was fun to see a young Nicole de Boer in this movie. I got to say I didn't care for her big puffed out hair of the time... but other then that she looked good. Especially in the few lingerie scenes she had. I didn't care too much for the strong religious theme to the movie though. Over-all a decent movie, I am not sorry I have it in my collection... though I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price for this movie. The DVD itself could have been much better. From what I understand there is some cut scenes in at least one of the movies, the movies are in Full Framed and there is no extra features what so ever on the disc. 

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 01:58:21 PM »
Next...
CBS Friday Night Double Feature
This season I have been loving CBS Friday Nights. They have 2 of my favorite shows on one after the other. Ghost Whisperer starring Jennifer Love Hewitt and Medium  starring Patricia Arquette. Both great shows and both beautiful women (though I do wish Patricia Arquette would let her hair grow long again!). So I thought next I would watch a movie with each of these lovely ladies for my next mini-theme. But at the same time I want to watch something I haven't seen in a while. So I decided the next two movies will be...

1. Can't Hardly Wait (Jennifer Love Hewitt - Last watched April 2003)
2. Little Nicky (Patricia Arquette - Last watched April 2005)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:54:36 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:15 PM »

Title: Can't Hardly Wait
Year: 1998
Director: Harry Elfont, Deborah Kaplan
Rating: PG-13
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Stereo, French: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Ethan Embry
Charlie Korsmo
Lauren Ambrose
Peter Facinelli

Plot:
It's graduation day at Huntington Hills High – a time for pomp and circumstance, tassels and mortarboards, and serious introspection about the future. But tonight, the seniors will leave all that behind for the things that really matter -- romance, revenge and rock 'n' roll.

Ethan Embry, Charlie Korsmo, Lauren Ambrose, Peter Facinelli, Seth Green and Jennifer Love Hewitt star in one raucous comedy about the ultimate teen party – a once-in-a-life-time alternate universe where class nerds become class studs, super-jocks are humiliated, and freshmen crushes blossom into grown-up romance. From prom queen to bimbo, meathead to misfit, everyone will be there for a hormone-charged bash tapped for out-of-control fun.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Gallery
Production Notes
Music Videos
Closed Captioned
Booklet

My Thoughts:
While I did enjoy this movie... it was definitely fun to watch... I found it to be very predictable. But I did enjoy watching a young Jennifer Love Hewitt (19 at the time) and seeing a few other familiar faces (Seth Green and cameos from Jenna Elfman & Jerry O'Connell). This really is not a movie I can relate much to since I was never much of a party person. I never bothered with them even back when I was a teen. But the movie had it's moments... had a few laughs for me... so worth checking out. Just not one I will be watching too often.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »

Title: Little Nicky: New Line Platinum Series
Year: 2000
Director: Steven Brill
Rating: PG-13
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Adam Sandler
Patricia Arquette
Harvey Keitel
Rhys Ifans
Tommy "Tiny" Lister, Jr.

Plot:
When your mother is an angel and your father is the devil, life can be really confusing. For Little Nicky (Adam Sandler, Big Daddy, The Waterboy), it just got a whole lot worse. His two evil brothers have just escaped from Hell and are wreaking havoc on an unsuspecting earth. His dad (a devilish Harvey Keitel, U-571, Pulp Fiction) is disintegrating and it's up to Nicky to save him and all of humanity. Can Nicky find his inner evil in time to save the world?

With amazing special effects, a hot heavy metal soundtrack and a star-studded cast including Patricia Arquette, Jon Lovitz and Rodney Dangerfield plus many more, Hell has never been so much fun.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
Music Videos
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This one I have a bit of mixed reactions on. On one side this one is pretty silly, sick and strange. On the other side it is just a lot of fun. I mean you had to love the way Hitler was getting tortured in hell. For me... over all I liked it quite a bit. Yes it is a bit on the silly side.. but it is a type of silly I found to be fun. I am not sure why I waited so long to watch this movie again. They tried to make Patricia Arquette less attractive... messy hair... big glasses... kinda nerdy. But her beauty still shined through. And I must once again say I wish she would go back to long hair. She looks much better with it long!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »
Next...
The Hulk/Thor Double Feature
It was sitting here trying to think of another good mini-marathon to have. When it popped into my head that I have 2 movies that features both The Incredible Hulk and Thor. One being a live action TV movie and the other being an animated movie. So I figured why not. Next I will watch...

1. The Incredible Hulk Returns
2. Hulk vs. Thor
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Title: The Incredible Hulk Returns
Year: 1988
Director: Nicholas Corea
Rating: NR
Length: 94 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Mono
Subtitles:

Stars:
Bill Bixby
Lou Ferrigno
Jack Colvin
Lee Purcell
Charles Napier

Plot:
The Incredible Hulk is back...But is he any match for the Mighty Thor?
It's been two years since his last transformation, and Dr. David Banner (Bill Bixby) has developed a new Gamma Transponder that he hopes will cure him of his inner monster forever. But when a former colleague unearths the frozen tomb of an ancient Norse warrior king, the Mighty Thor (Eric Allan Kramer) is unleashed upon 20th Century society. Can the Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) end the rampage of this mead-crazed barbarian, or will the two raging beasts become allies to save both the Transponder and the woman Banner loves?

Six years after their hit series ended, Bixby, Ferrigno and Jack Colvin (as nosy reporter Jack McGee) returned for this top-rated television movie. Tim Thomerson, Charles Napier, Lee Purcell and Steve Levitt co-star in this action-packed fan favorite that Stomp Tokyo calls "quite possibly the best thing to come out of the series!"

Extras:
Scene Access
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Another show I always enjoyed in my younger years. This one was a great reunion movie. In it The Incredible Hulk teams up with The Mighty Thor. This made it twice the fun for me... as I used to watch the Thor cartoons when I was a kid as well. This reunion movie always felt like it should have also served as a pilot for a series for The Mighty Thor! I know I would have loved it as they made both the characters likable as well as interesting... I think it could have been a lot of fun!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Note to Jimmy: This is a recycled review... but has more info then the first version. So if you want to replace the old one with this one that would be cool.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »
Done ;D

BTW does Thor looks silly in this or they had done a good job? Since they have tried also with Daredevil and it wasn't a big visual success...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
Thanks Jimmy!  :thumbup:

Well... it is a TV Movie from the '80s... but I will let you judge for yourself. :P

Pete

snowcat

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
Haha, oh dear I remember that Hulk movie. I have to say the way Thor looked for me let it down, but Its enjoyable nonetheless

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »
He sure looks silly, but it could have been worst

Can you believe it's Captain America :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:02:37 PM by Jimmy »

snowcat

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »