Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs  (Read 30247 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
The New Adventures of Tarzan
Tarzan meets Indiana Jones! A Mysterious ancient idol called The Green Goddess is being worshipped by the jungle-natives of a lost city deep in Guatemala. Not only is it covered in rubies and jewels, it contains in it an old recipe for a gunpowder-like explosive. Major Martling (Frank Baker) and Ula Vale (Ula Holt) come from Africa to search out the Green Goddess. A mercenary named P. B. Raglan (Ashton Dearholt, who was also a producer of this film) is sent by Ula's lawyer to find the statue first. The major and Ula meet up with Tarzan, who is on a mission to find his old pal, d'Arnot, whose plane crashed near the lost city. The group must nowsave d'Arnot and grab The Green Goddess before Raglan shares all it's secrets!

Chapter 3: The Devil's Noose
This is another chapter that runs for 18min. Another entertaining chapter... though there wasn't much action to it. This one was more informative of the story then action packed. And for the first time... this chapter had some fairly bad video. the picture even blacked out for a second a couple of times. Once again... the cliffhanger wasn't all that great either. I hope this doesn't become the norm.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »

Title: WarGames: 25th Anniversary Edition
Year: 1983
Director: John Badham
Rating: PG
Length: 113 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Matthew Broderick
Dabney Coleman
John Wood
Ally Sheedy
Barry Corbin

Plot:
Matthew Broderick (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and Ally Sheedy (The Breakfast Club) star in this compelling drama filled with action, suspense and high-tech adventures! Featuring superb performances by Dabney Coleman and Barry Corbin, WarGames™ is "brilliant...funny...and provocative" (New York) – a fast-paced cyber-thriller.

Computer hacker David Lightman (Broderick) can bypass the most advanced security systems, break the most intricate secret codes and master even the most difficult computer games. But when he unwittingly taps into the Defense Department's war computer, he initiates a confrontation of global proportions – World War III! Together with his girlfriend (Sheedy) and a wizardly computer genius (Tony Award winner John Wood), David must race against time to outwit his opponent...and prevent a nuclear Armageddon.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have not seen since I was about 14 years old. More then 25 years ago! I remember enjoying it at the time. So when I found this release fairly cheap I jumped at it. Going into this movie I was hoping it didn't age too badly. OMG those computer systems definitely ages the movie. But  the story itself doesn't feel too aged. The story is still very much enjoyable. One thing I never liked about this movie is Dabney Coleman. For some reason he has always rubbed me the wrong way... I just never cared for him. I do like Ally Sheedy though... when I looked her up in my collection I was surprised this is only the second movie I have with her in my collection (this and Man's Best Friend)... and then I have her in 1 TV series episode (Dead Zone: Season 2: Episode 11). I noticed that one of the extras of this disc is a first look at WarGames: Dead Code. Has anyone here seen this movie? Is it worth adding to my collection? Going by the first look at it I am not sure if this is a sequel, a remake or what. But it looks like it at least could be good.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »
Tarzan meets Indiana Jones! A Mysterious ancient idol called The Green Goddess is being worshipped by the jungle-natives of a lost city deep in Guatemala. Not only is it covered in rubies and jewels, it contains in it an old recipe for a gunpowder-like explosive. Major Martling (Frank Baker) and Ula Vale (Ula Holt) come from Africa to search out the Green Goddess. A mercenary named P. B. Raglan (Ashton Dearholt, who was also a producer of this film) is sent by Ula's lawyer to find the statue first. The major and Ula meet up with Tarzan, who is on a mission to find his old pal, d'Arnot, whose plane crashed near the lost city. The group must nowsave d'Arnot and grab The Green Goddess before Raglan shares all it's secrets!

Chapter 4: River Perils
This chapter runs for 20min. This chapter started off strong... then it slowed a bit in the middle. It picked back up right be3fore the cliffhanger... which was alright at best. This chapter looked good no complaints quality wise.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »
I do like Ally Sheedy though... when I looked her up in my collection I was surprised this is only the second movie I have with her in my collection (this and Man's Best Friend)...

You don't have "The Breakfast Club"?  :redcard:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 05:14:01 PM »
Never even seen The Breakfast Club.  :bag:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

Title: The House Where Evil Dwells
Year: 1982
Director: Kevin Connor
Rating: R
Length: 88 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Edward Albert
Susan George
Doug McClure
Amy Barrett
Mako Hattori

Plot:
Moving into a new house can be frightening. Moving into this one is deadly. Edward Albert (Mimic 2), Susan George (Straw Dogs) and Doug McClure (Maverick) star in this horrifying haunted-house tale about a young American family moving into an old Japanese house where the dead don't rest...and history is about to repeat itself.

A century ago, a samurai brutally murdered his adulterous wife and her lover before taking his own life. Now, the Fletcher family has found what they think is their perfect Japanese home – not knowing it's the same house where the murders occurred. But as strange events escalate and the ghosts of the dead toy with the living, the Fletchers discover they've become unwitting players in a horrible reenactment...one which they may not survive!

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I normally like the '80s horror... but this movie just didn't impress me to much. I just found it to be to slow. And the effects of the ghosts leaves a lot to be desired. I bought this DVD 2 years ago around Halloween... and just now getting to it. At least I got it cheap during the Halloween sale. I only paid $3.33 for it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

Chapter 5: Unseen Hands
This chapter runs for about 18 min. I was kinda disappointed in the way they handled the last cliffhanger. But at least it was somewhat realistic. The chapter was pretty good... I enjoyed it. I especially liked the cliffhanger at the end of this one. They need more cliffhangers like this one in this serial!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »
Never even seen The Breakfast Club.  :bag:

You haven't even seen The Breakfast Club?  How did that happen?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
just never had the opportunity I guess.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »
well I can understand that...there are some that I haven't seen yet too. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »

Title: X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 2-Disc Special Edition
Year: 2009
Director: Gavin Hood
Rating: PG-13
Length: 107 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital Surround, French: Dolby Digital Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Hugh Jackman
Liev Schreiber
Danny Huston
Will.i.am
Lynn Collins

Plot:
You’ll go “beserker” for this pulse-pounding action thriller that sinks razor-sharp adamantium claws into the mysterious origins of Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). Discover his epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed/Sabertooth (Liev Schreiber), his encounters with new, legendary X-Men and the ominous Weapon X program that unleashes his primal fury!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Closed Captioned
Digital Copy, Anti-Smoking PSA

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I watched this movie since I seen it in the theater. And Brittany watched it with me again. This is her 3rd time seeing it. I guess like Achim said... she must see Hugh Jackman!  :laugh: I enjoyed watching this one very much! It has a lot of the mutants and a lot of action. This movie is just so much fun to watch. After watching this I now feel like watching the 3 previous X-Men movies. But I won't since I need to finish this marathon. I really enjoyed every minute of it... but then I have always liked the character of Wolverine.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
Did you find where the 2 scenes that played after the credits are on the DVD?  My copy has both of them.  I think they were with deleted scenes.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
Watched them in the credits... or are you talking about different ones?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
just looked at the deleted scenes... didn't see anything for the end of the movie there.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
That's the ones I meant...the ones at the end of the credits.  Did they have both at the end of them on the DVD?  Hmm..now I can't remember if I saw them that way on the DVD or with the deleted scenes.

Ok..just saw your other post.  Then I must have seen them at the end of the credits.  I just knew they were on the DVD somewhere.