Author Topic: Fear Itself Marathon  (Read 7633 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Fear Itself Marathon
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
Fear Itself Marathon

Terror has a new name: "Fear Itself"! A 13-episode suspence and horror anthology series, "Fear Itself" takes horror to shocking new heights with its mix of mind-bending stories, spine-tingling chills, and top Hollywood talent including acclaimed directors John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, Saw III and Saw IV) and Ronnie Yu (Bride of Chucky); actors Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Shiri Appleby (Charlie Wilson's War), Elizabeth Moss ("Mad Men"), Cynthia Watros ("Lost"), Eric Roberts ("Heroes") and John Billingsley ("Star Trek: Enterprise"); and writers Joe Gangemi (Wind Chill, the novel "Inamorata"), Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) and Dan Knauf ("Carnivale," "Supernatural").

EPISODES:
1. Eater
2. Spooked
3. Community
4. The Sacrifice
5. In Sickness and in Health
6. Family Man
7. Something With Bite
8. New Year's Day
9. Skin and Bones
10. Chance
11. The Spirit Box
12. Echoes
13. The Circle

Stars:
This is an Anthology Series with No Main Stars
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Fear Itself Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:14:03 AM »
Fear Itself: The Complete Series

1. Eater
Rookie cop Danny Bannerman spends the night in an isolated precinct guarding a serial killer who eats his victims and is intent on making Danny his next "meal."

Stars:
Elizabeth Moss
Russell Hornsby
Stephen Lee
Stephen R. Hart
Pablo Schreiber

My Thoughts:
This is one of the episodes I actually missed when it was on TV. It is the 4th episode to air. I really wish I seen this one on TV as it may have given me some more hope for the series... as I really liked this one a lot. Sure there was some problems with it.... some good sized plot holes and such. But it was entertaining... and kept my interest throughout the episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

2. Spooked
While on a stakeout in a haunted house,  a private eye hired by a mysterious woman is forced to confront the demons of his past.

Stars:
Eric Roberts
Cynthia Watros
Jack Noseworthy
Larry Gilliard Jr.
Liam James

My Thoughts:
This is one of the few that I have seen before. Spooked is the second one to air... so this one is actually in the right spot in the set. It is one of the good episodes... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I will say it was a little on the weird side. But it has a good ghost story atmosphere to it. Definitely worth watching.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

3. Community
A young married couple move into a seemingly perfect planned community, but find out the hard way that their neighbors will go to any lengths to preserve their twisted sense of perfection.

Stars:
Brandon Routh
Shiri Appleby
Barbara Tyson
John Billingsley
Charlie Hofheimer

My Thoughts:
This is one of the ones I never seen before. It originally aired as episode number 7. There is a couple names in this episode that I am familiar with. There is Shiri Appleby who was one of the main stars of the series Roswell. And then there is Brandon Routh who played Superman in Superman Returns. I have seen several stories about the evil gated communities. But they did it well... and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »

4. The Sacrifice
Two brothers, Point and Lemon, along with two of their friends, end up stranded at an old fort and slowly discover that the three sisters who reside there are hiding a deadly secret.

Stars:
Jeffrey Pierce
Jesse Plemons
Rachel Miner
Mircea Monroe
Stephen Martines

My Thoughts:
This being episode number 1 when it originally aired I of course seen this one before. I am sure it is of no surprise that I enjoyed this episode a lot. Of course I like most shows about vampires. You never really get that good of a look at the creature in this episode... it is always either out of view or the views are so quick that you don't get a good look at him.

My Rating:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
Sounds great Pete!  I really enjoyed this series when it aired.  Perhaps I'll have to pick the set up.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 05:46:46 AM »
As I said elsewhere I own this set as well and have watched the first two episodes (well, disc 1) so far, really enjoying what I was presented. I fully agree with Pete's ratings on those two and am now looking forward to watch disc 2! Thanks, Pete. :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 12:35:21 PM »
Achim... you do have the US R1 Release of this series right? If so you do realize that all I watched so far is disc 1. It is 2 episodes on side A and then 2 episodes on Side B. Don't want you to miss the 2 episodes on side 2!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »
Achim... you do have the US R1 Release of this series right? If so you do realize that all I watched so far is disc 1. It is 2 episodes on side A and then 2 episodes on Side B. Don't want you to miss the 2 episodes on side 2!
Yes, it's the R1 release I have and I just forgot about the double-sided aspect of it. So, in fact I only watched Disc 1, Side 1 so far and look forward to Side 2 :D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
 :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »

On the day of her wedding to Carlos, Samantha recieves a shocking note that reads, "The person you are marrying is a serial killer."
Director: John Landis (An American Werewolf in London)

Stars:
Maggie Lawson
James Roday
Marshall Bell
Sonja Bennett
William B. Davis

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I never seen before. It originally aired as the 4th episodes of the series.  William B. Davis (The X-Files) played the part of the priest that married the couple. While it is not a terrible episode... It definitely needs a lot of work. The storyline,,, while works is not as interesting as it could be. Plus added to that is the fact that they went with the obvious twist I seen it coming from the very beginning of the episode. If there is many episodes such as this one that originally aired on TV... it comes to no surprise that the series got canceled after airing only 8 episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »

Stars:
Maggie Lawson
James Roday

This wasn't the greatest episode.  But as a fan of Psych, it was a lot of fun seeing Maggie and James together.  Although they're much better on Psych.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
I never watched Psych. Well not other then the Pilot episode that was included in one of the Monk sets. It does look like an interesting show. I been wanting to pick up the first season set for a while now.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »
This wasn't the greatest episode.  But as a fan of Psych, it was a lot of fun seeing Maggie and James together.  Although they're much better on Psych.

I am also a fan of Psych. Btw. As far as I know, Maggie and James are a couple in real life.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »

6. Family Man
A likeable family man switches bodies with a serial killer after a near death experience. Now, he must fight from behind bars to keep the murderer from adding his wife and kids to the long list of victims.
Director: Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason, Bride of Chucky)

Stars:
Clifton Collins Jr.
Colin Ferguson
Josie Rebecca Davis
Stephen Lobo
Brent Stait

My Thoughts:
This is another one I never seen before (reading ahead... looks like I never seen the rest of the episodes in this set!). And is the 3rd one to air in it's original run. This one has an interesting story. But once again not really that thrilled with the episode itself. This one had a pretty cool (but disturbing) dream sequence in it. I did like this one more then the previous one. They did do the ending better on this one.

My Rating:
Pete