Author Topic: Blood Ties Marathon  (Read 15569 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Blood Ties Marathon
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »
Blood Ties Marathon

After witnessing a horrific demonic murder at the side of a Toronto roadway, private investigator Vicki Nelson finds herself on a collision course with another citizen investigating the case. He is Henry Fitzroy – former Duke of Richmond, cutting-edge graphic novelist and 470-year-old vampire. To solve the brutal murder, Vicki finds herself collaborating, against her better judgment, with the suave and seductive Fitzroy. The relationship soon progresses beyond a purely professional arrangement, complicating her long-term love affair with ex-partner Detective Mike Celluci.....and pretty well everything else in her life.

Vicki Nelson, Henry Fitzroy & Mike Celluci are back on the case, investigating a new series of mysterious & gruesome crimes throughout Toronto. As the cases become more bizarre & complex, the relationship between Vicki & Mike becomes fractured. Meanwhile, Henry's behavior creates suspicion for all involved in the cases, casting doubt among the three. In the final episodes of the series, the action & the conflicts reach an intense peak!

Blood Ties Opening Credits

EPISODES:
1. Blood Price - Part One
2. Blood Price - Part Two
3. Bad Juju
4. Gifted
5. Deadly Departed
6. Love Hurts
7. Heart of Ice
8. Heart of Fire
9. Stone Cold
10. Necrodrome
11. Post Partum
12. Norman
13. D.O.A.
14. Wild Blood
15. 5:55
16. Bugged
17. The Devil You Know
18. Drawn and Quartered
19. Wrapped
20. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
21. We'll Meet Again
22. Deep Dark

Stars:

Christina Cox
As
Vicki Nelson

Dylan Neal
as
Mike Celluci

Kyle Schmid
as
Henry Fitzroy

Gina Holden
as
Coreen Fennel
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:07:52 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Ties Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 12:22:41 AM »
Blood Ties: Season 1

1.-2.Blood Prince Parts 1 & 2
Part 1
When ex-cop turned private investigator, Vicki Nelson, happens upon the scene of a terrifying murder, she's hired by the victim's girlfriend to prove that her boyfriend was killed by a vampire. As Vicki pursues the investigation further, she crosses paths with someone else investigating the case fir his own reasons.

Part 2
Vicki finds that her most dangerous mission might be to sort out her romantic feelings for her ex-partner on the force, Mike Celluci, and for her new partner, the dashing vampire, Henry Fitzroy.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I bought blind this past month for my horror marathon. This is the first chance I got to watch any of it. I enjoyed the 2 part pilot... I am just trying to decide how much. It definitely could be better... but at the same time it is a pretty good introduction to the characters. I have a feeling it will grow on me more as I watch the episodes.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:30:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »

3. Bad Juju
At a moody voodoo-themed bar, Vicki meets Angelique, who asks for her assistance in finding her missing brother. With the help of Henry, they find themselves immersed in the world of voodoo dolls and human sacrifices.

Guest Stars:
Keith Dallas
Francoise Yip
Michael-Ann Connor
Tommy Europe

My Thoughts:
Funny thing... This morning I watched the movie I Walked with a Zombie. Then this afternoon I decided to watch the next episode of Blood Ties... and what is it about... voodoo zombies. And I must admit... I liked how they done it in this show. And I am really starting to like the star of this show... Christina Cox. Her character in this show is a bit of a smart ass... which is always fun to watch.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »

4. Gifted
When the mother of an 8-year-old girl is killed in suspicious circumstances, Vicki & Henry investigate and discover that the girl may be more involved then they thought. Meanwhile Mike deepens his investigation on Henry, and confronts him with the startling information he's found.

Guest Stars:
Keith Dallas
Francoise Yip
Cassandra Sawtell
Gordon Michael Woolvett

My Thoughts:
This is the last episode on disc 1. Sure I have seen the child with mental powers storyline before... but I really enjoyed this episode. I had wondered if Vicki's ex partner Mike would find out what Henry is. And that question was answered in this episode. But didn't go into very much detail on it. As it happened right at the end of the episode. Making it so I can't wait to see the next episode!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »
Now that I have the second set... completing this series I thought I would bring this thread back to life and continue watching.

I will be watching the next episode between later this evening and tomorrow.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »
I saw some of this when it was airing.  I liked what I saw, but I kept missing when it was on.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:03 AM »

5. Deadly Departed
Vicki is visited by the widow of a successful attorney who claims that her husband was murdered, but the only person that had a grudge against him, – Marcus O'Connor – killed himself in prison in a bizarre ritual. Is there a killer on the loose or is Marcus back from the dead?

Guest Stars:
Keith Dallas
Eileen Pedde
Nimet Kanji
Mary Black
Kirby Morrow

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit... the ghost of a convicted murderer coming back to murder the people that were responsible for putting him away.  They did it with an interesting storyline... and the effects of the ghost were pretty cool as well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »

6. Love Hurts
Vicki is visited by Gary Howsen, a man who thinks his wife Marcy is cheating on him and wants to hire Vicki to find out for sure. But when Marcy is killed by her as-yet-unidentified lover, Gary is the prime suspect and he wants Vicki to prove his innocence.

Guest Stars:
Keith Dallas
Francoise Yip
Craig Veroni
Anna Galvin
Peter Graham Gaudreau

My Thoughts:
Another very good episode. I enjoyed seeing the sexual side of Vicki come out a little more in this episode. She suppresses that side of herself so much... but in this episode she was unable to do so. I thought it was hilarious when she thought it was Henry (the vampire) that showed up in her bed in the middle of the night. There is so much sexual tension between those two... I wonder how it will be before those to get together. Or if it will even happen what with the series being so short.

Only six episodes into this series... which I never seen a single episode before getting the DVDs... and I am really starting to get hooked on the show. Makes me glad I went ahead and got the second season set. I still don't understand why here in the US they took a single season show... and separated it into two seasons. They didn't even separate them evenly. Season 1 has 13 episodes and season 2 has 9 episodes. If they wanted it in 2 separate releases they should have broken it up evenly with 11 episodes each.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »
Season 1 has 13 episodes and season 2 has 9 episodes. If they wanted it in 2 separate releases they should have broken it up evenly with 11 episodes each.

Usually if a network orders a TV series, where it isn't sure if they want a full season, they commission a half-season with 13 episodes first, with an option of additional 9 episodes (to get 22 episodes). Often the 13th episode has a showdown, climax or something like it, so if the additional 9 aren't ordered, the season ends on a high note. I don't remember if it was the case here with the 13th episode, but it would explain that they would want to end a season here.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
Now I could be wrong... but from what I understand... this series isn't a US series (Canadian... I think) And it originally aired as 1 season. But apparently when released in the US they decided to divide the series into 2 separate seasons on their own. And chose for some reason to divide it as 13 in season 1 and 9 in season 2. Which none of it makes any sense. Since it was already originally 1 season... why did the US decide to divide it? And why divide it in such a weird way? That is what I was trying to say.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »
According to Wikipedia, they aired the two seasons in the US divided as 12 to 10 episodes. Not 13 to 9. Which looks a little more even.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »

7. Heart of Ice
Vicki goes to bat for a group of homeless people when they claim that several of their friends has gone missing. She knows that the police aren't likely to put their case at the top of their priority list and, with a reluctant Henry, takes to the sewers and homeless squats. But what they find is anything but human. The homeless killer is a Windigo, the horrible cannibal spirit of Native legend.

Guest Stars:
Julian Sands
Keith Dallas
Francoise Yip
Eileen Pedde
Leslie Ewen

My Thoughts:
This episode started out a little slow for my taste... but it picked up quite nicely. Ending with a very good cliffhanger. I didn't realize this was a two part episode when I first started. But it makes sense seeing the name of this one and the name of the next one (Heart of Fire).

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »
According to Wikipedia, they aired the two seasons in the US divided as 12 to 10 episodes. Not 13 to 9. Which looks a little more even.

Well Not saying wikipedia is right or wrong (I know errors definitely occur on that site)... as I didn't see this series when it originally aired (series is new to me). But I can tell you how the seasons are divided on the DVDs. Which is indeed 13 and 9. Not sure why they would change it from how it originally aired in Canada AND how it originally aired in the US... that would make even less sense then it already did.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »

8. Heart of Fire
Picking up where the last episode ended, Vicki is furious with Mike for betraying Henry, as they make their way out of the sewer. Vicki wants to find Henry, and Mike wants Javier and they agree that the only way to accomplish that is to work together.

Guest Stars:
Julian Sands
Francoise Yip
Nimet Kanji
Daniella Evangelista
Julie Patzwald

My Thoughts:
A nice continuation to the last episode. I enjoyed seeing Julian Sands guest starring in the last couple episodes. I always liked him in the Warlock movies.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »

9. Stone Cold
Terri Fulton, a modeling agent, comes into Vicki's office needing help finding one of her clients, Brendon Ledford. He was a young, good-looking kid who liked to party, but he was also pretty responsible, which is what's concerning Terri. That and the fact that she lent him six grand before he went missing. In the course of their conversation, Vicki finds out it was Mike who sent Terri to her office. Some men send flowers when they are sorry, some send missing person cases.

Guest Stars:
Lisa Ray
Michael Adamthwaite
Greyston Holt
Linzee Harris
Desiree Zurowski

My Thoughts:
Once again I really enjoyed the episode. In this one Vicki, Henry and Mike face off against a creature from Greek mythology. One that is seen in the movie Clash of the Titans... if you take the title of this episode into account I think you will know who I am talking about. I think the creature was done pretty cool what with it being a Television episode.

My Rating:
Pete