Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37259 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
Angel: Season 5

14. Smile Time
Original Air Date: 2/18/2004
While Wesley and Fred's relationship heats up, Gunn makes a deal to ensure his mental powers are made permanent, and Angel gets turned into a little felt-covered puppet.

Guest Stars:
Jonathan M. Woodward
Jenny Mollen
Marc Vann
David Fury

My Thoughts:
I remember when this one was first about to air. And remember not expecting much from it as it really did sound like a stupid storyline. But it turned out better then I expected it to. It is of course played for laughs... and it did have a few. I especially liked where Puppet Angel and Spike was fighting... Spike couldn't stop laughing long enough to fight. And I also liked that they brought back Nina, the werewolf woman from a previous episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »

15. A Hole in the World
Original Air Date: 2/25/2004
After breathing in the air from an ancient sarcophagus, Fred falls deathly ill and the rest of the gang races to find a cure before it's too late.

Guest Stars:
Jonathan M. Woodward
Jennifer Griffin
Gary Grubbs

My Thoughts:
While an enjoyable enough of an episode I never cared much for the whole Illyria storyline. And this is the starts of that. We also get to see an appearance by Fred's parents again... in a flashback this time.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »

16. Shells
Original Air Date: 3/3/2004
As Illyria, the ancient god now occupying Fred's body, gets used to her new world, Wesley uncovers Gunn's part in approving the customs document for the sarcophagus.

Guest Stars:
Jonathan M. Woodward
Marc Vann
Jennifer Griffin

My Thoughts:
While not bad... I still haven't been able to get into the Illyria storyline... and this episode is pretty much all that.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »

17. Underneath
Original Air Date: 4/14/2004
Angel takes Gunn and Spike with his on a mission to rescue Lindsay from the hell dimension created by the Senior Partners, totally unaware that Gunn has his own hidden agenda.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Sarah Thompson
Adam Baldwin

My Thoughts:
And here I was thinking we saw the last of Lindsey. It is a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked how they did the hell dimension that the Senior Partners sent Lindsey to.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2010, 10:50:29 PM »

18. Origin
Original Air Date: 4/21/2004
When Connor and his new parents show up at Wolfram and Hart asking for help, Angel refuses, leading Wesley to uncover how Angel had everyone's memory altered.

Guest Stars:
Vincent Kartheiser
Dennis Christopher
Jack Conley
Jim Abele
Adrienne Brett Evans
Adam Baldwin

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed quite a bit. It was good to see Connor again. And I had to laugh at the scene with Spike and Illyria.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »

19. Time Bomb
Original Air Date: 4/28/2004
Although Illyria rescues Gunn, Angel realizes she must be killed after her body begins a deadly physical breakdown which could unleash enough power to destroy the world.

Guest Stars:
Jaime Bergman
Jeff Yagher
Adam Baldwin

My Thoughts:
I loved how this one began... I really got a kick out of how Illyria saved Gunn from the Hell Dimension. But over-all while a decent episode... it is not one I cared too much for.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »

20. The Girl In Question
Original Air Date: 5/5/2004
As Fred's parents arrive to visit their daughter, Angel and Spike fly to Rome to save Buffy from her new evil lover who they're convinced has her under his equally evil spell.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz
Tom Lenk
David Lee
Gary Grubbs

My Thoughts:
While the flashbacks were good... this is another one that is no more then an average episode. I think it would have been better if they actually had Buffy in the episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2010, 01:14:14 AM »

21. Power Play
Original Air Date: 5/12/2004
Angel's strange behavior convinces the gang that he's joined an elite group of evildoers called the Circle of the Black Thorn - a group he could have only joined by killing one of his own.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Dennis Christopher
Alec Newman
Jenny Mollen
Adam Baldwin

My Thoughts:
Starting to get really good again. This is basically the first part of the series finale. The team thinks Angel went bad... but that is what he needed them to think.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2010, 01:53:45 AM »

22. Not Fade Away
Original Air Date: 5/19/2004
The gang prepares to attack the true powers of evil by attempting to take down the Circle of the Black Thorn - a battle none of them expect to survive.

Guest Stars:
Vincent Kartheiser
Christian Kane
Sarah Thompson
Adam Baldwin

My Thoughts:
And this is it... the end of the series. I must admit... I loved the fight between Angel and Hamilton. While it made for a hell of an ending... I so wanted more... so wanted to see what happened next. I always wished for a reunion movie or something to continue the story... but that just wasn't meant to be. But this series definitely ended for a hell of a bang!

My Rating:
Pete