Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98838 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:33:12 AM »
Hey Everybody!  ;D Once being here, I figure the hardest thing to do is to make a review for something that's already been done and not feel like you're copying the movies around you, or keep track of what you've already done! So I'm taking a load off my trouble and making a thread for all the reviews I'm doing here. To kick it off, a personal favorite of mine recently seen in school for the technology class, Iron Man!! :yahoo:

Iron Man: The Movie

Description: Tony Stark is the complete playboy who also happens to be an engineering genius. While in Afghanistan demonstrating a new missile he's captured and wounded. His captors want him to assemble a missile for them but instead he creates an armored suit and a means to prevent his death from the shrapnel left in his chest by the attack. He uses the armored suit to escape. Back in the U.S. he announces his company will cease making weapons and he begins work on an updated armored suit only to find that Obadiah Stane, his second in command at Stark industries has been selling Stark weapons to the insurgents. He uses his new suit to return to Afghanistan to destroy the arms and then to stop Stane from misusing his research.

My Thoughts: This was my second introduction to Iron Man, the first being the Iron Man: Armored Adventures t.v. series. The movie was very enjoyable, and from what I heard it actually stuck very close to the comics. However, watching the series first I keep expecting Pepper to jabber on like a maniac! There was lots of action, lots of humor, but the best part in my opinion is a toss-up between where Roadie foun out it was Iron Man being chased by the government planes or when he simply said, "Let's face it, this isn't the worst you've caught me doing." If you've never seen it, trust me, it's hilarious in the context and I highly recommend it. I give this movie a 4 out of 5.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:15:57 AM »
Good job hun! :thumbup:
Pete

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:18:26 AM »
Thanks, but you gotta show me how to make those pictures for the ratings sometime!  ;)

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:01:32 AM »
Nice review! My first experience of Ironman was through the comics too! I enjoyed reviewing the movie!

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5601.msg98284.html#msg98284

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
Thanks, but you gotta show me how to make those pictures for the ratings sometime!  ;)

I will set you up with a txt file you can just copy and past into your posts :)
Pete

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »
Glad to hear you liked it Emma. Over the weekend, I saw a movie that is an instant clasic family-comedy TV movie, so I know you guys would like to hear about it! :clap:

Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh

Description:Drake and Josh get jobs at the mall, one as Santa Claus and the other as his assistant. While working, they meet a less-fortunate girl and makes her a promise that this will be the best Christmas ever, or face jail time.

My Thoughts:I was always a fan of the Drake & Josh tv show, and equally a fan of Miranda Cosgrove's (Meghan in the movie) new show iCarly.This movie came out last year and came out on DVD. I thought it was really funny despite what I've read in reviews of other sites. Some real highlights were Drake Bell and the foster kids singing 12 Days of Christmas and Jingle Bells in a real modern style.

From Josh's cellmate, to the foreign kid whom nobody knows what language he' speaking, to Josh falling off the top of a tree, to an officer and his pet monkey, I think this movie spreads a clear message across of Christmas being a season of giving, and that combined with the hilarity is enough for me to give it a 4 out of 5. It in some aspects didn't match with the continuity of the show (like using the old theater when it burned down in Really Big Shrimp) but that's ok. :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:48 AM »
That is one I been a little curious about... but I never watched the series... so...  :shrug:
Pete

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »
I think you'd like it. Alot of laughs, and you can fast-forward through the performances if you want.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:25:23 AM »
Uh-oh... must be heavy on the music!  :slaphead:
Pete

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:31:16 AM »
not at all!

just goes through 12 days of christmas and jingle bells. once at a party and once when Christmas caroling.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 01:33:19 AM »
ok :)
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »
...Ok, im going to admit it.... I love Drake and Josh! When I was little the Amanda Show and they were both on that, my parents hated the Amanda Show but, ...Years later Drake and Josh started... Its one my guilty pleasure (the other maybe Spongebob?)I watched this Christmas movie last night, I quite enjoyed it, its very strange and I think has a more grown up tone then the series did, although this was made a while after the series ended.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:50:40 PM by Emma (snowcat) »

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:59 PM »
Glad to here you liked it.  :)

MEJHarrison

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
My boys watched it over the weekend, but I was super sick and don't remember much of it at all.  Plus I'm more of an iCarly fan. :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »
OMG... please tell me not Mark! I cannot stand iCarly! I tease Britt about it all the time because she likes it so much!  :laugh:
Pete