Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98832 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »
Wow, this really blew me away. I'm not going to reveal much, but one thing I didn't get was all the killing, I mean, they say they want to be heroes. Heroes don't kill. Vigilantes do. But, it is toned to be the real world, so I can accept that. In fact, I'm half tempted!! ;)

A warning: If you think the movie was too violent, the comic is much more so. The movie was softened in a lot of instances.

Only Kick-Ass wants to be a hero. The others are vigilantes.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
Yeah, I had a feeling from the covers that popped up during the image search.

And since they're vigilantes and not heroes, is it wrong for me to prefer Hit-Girl??? :laugh: Lol, guess not, already an open fan of Deadpool!!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
Hit-Girl is cool...disturbing on some levels...but cool in a twisted way.
Or maybe I'm just twisted.   :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »
The Kick-Ass comics is one of the few comics I have actually read. And while I thouroughly enjoyed the comic, I liked the film better. There are many changes from film to comic and I like the way things played out on screen more. Some of the changes are drastic, others are minor.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2010, 02:43:22 AM »
And since they're vigilantes and not heroes, is it wrong for me to prefer Hit-Girl???
We are supposed to like her. Which is one of the reasons why "some people" complained about her, the 10-year-old killing machine.

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »
I know, it was a joke. That's where Deadpool came in. :)

« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
I'm back! And since somebody sent me a whole bunch of new DVDs a while back, I'm having a mini marathon here!!! ;D ;D ;D (Thx again!!)

I may not finish because my grandmother is picking me up Saturday afternoon, me not to return till Monday, but I will finish!!  ;) Once I'm done here, there will most likely be weekend marathons of the new season sets I got (Samurai Jack and the Flintstones) leading up to my Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon in October!!! :clap:

Stay tuned!!

;D

« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »

AbrAxas: Guardian of the Universe

The Plot: An alien "policeman" (Abraxas) arrives on Earth to apprehend a renegade of his own race who impregnates a woman with a potentially-destructive mutant embryo.

My Thoughts: When I read "Guardian of the Universe" the first thing that popped to mind was the Green Lantern.  :laugh: Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I didn't expect much, as sci-fi movies just simply aren't my taste. Pretty fast start, the woman impregnated in the first 15 minutes. Not much I can complain about. Some things didn't make sense to me though, like:

(click to show/hide)

Other than that, it was a decent movie. Not really my taste, but decent.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »

American Dreamz

The Plot: The new season of "American Dreamz," the wildly popular television singing contest, has captured the country's attention, as the competition looks to be between a young Midwestern gal (Moore) and a showtunes-loving young man from Orange County (Golzari). Recently awakened President Staton (Quaid) even wants in on the craze, as he signs up for the potential explosive season finale.

My Thoughts: Ummm......pretty bizarre for a singing show. At first I was inclined to make dad watch this with me, but there's not much singing at all.

(click to show/hide)

That's Crazy!!!!!

Still, I think it could have been better. Maybe if it were more of a comedy? Idk, just another one that's not my taste, yet still very entertaining.....and a little weird.......

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2010, 02:53:40 AM »

Antwone Fisher

The Plot: Antwone Fisher, a young navy man, is forced to see a psychiatrist after a violent outburst against a fellow crewman. During the course of treatment a painful past is revealed and a new hope begins.

My Thoughts: It took some time before I wanted to watch this, being it 2 hours long. (Idk, guess I have a short attention span)

When I sat down and watched it, really it started off slow, as expected. Still, its a good inspirational movie. You have you romance. You have family. You have tough times. You have realism. You even have a chuckle every now and then.

It can be dark at times, and anyone who knows me knows I'm all about the lighthearted movies, but if you're looking for a movie with meaning and inspiration, I highly recommend this.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »

Barbershop

The Plot: Calvin, who inherited the struggling business from his deceased father, views the shop as nothing but a burden and waste of his time. After selling the shop to a local loan shark, Calvin slowly begins to see his father's vision and legacy and struggles with the notion that he just sold it out.

My Thoughts:

Well, this was pretty good. I'm not gonna reveal too much, but the think with the apple juice was gold and the characters are totally relatable. The only thing I have against this movie is sometimes it can move real slow.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:28:52 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

snowcat

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
Barbershop and Barbershop 2 are two films I could watch over and over and still laugh.  :laugh:

« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »

A Beautiful Mind

The Plot: After a brilliant but asocial mathematician accepts secret work in cryptography, his life takes a turn to the nightmarish.

My Thoughts: First thing first, this movie is LONG! 2 hrs and 16 minutes according to the case. May not be that long to most of you, but what can I say? Guess I have a short attention span. :laugh:

Well that and the fact that it opened to a school and everyone had British accents, idk, it just didn't help. I honestly can't see myself finishing this movie actually. I found I just couldn't get myself to pay attention!!  :slaphead:

I won't rate this because, quite honestly, I wouldn't do it justice. I think I may be into it when I get older, but until then I think it'll have a happier home in my dad's collection. :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:40:22 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

The Benchwarmers

The Plot: A trio of guys try and make up for missed opportunities in childhood by forming a three-player baseball team to compete against standard little league squads.

My Thoughts:

Pretty good, kinda funny. Nice story about the underdogs coming up from behind. Really not much to say about this movie that hasn't already been said, I mean, I think it was pretty popular. Although with that rich baseball manager guy, I gotta say one thing: to me, K.I.T.T. looked a lot like the Batmobile during that one scene.  :laugh:

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:11:35 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
Ok, I was really hoping to do more this weekend but I was lazy yesterday and I don't feel like doing more today, so I'll do more randomly throughout the week. :)