Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon  (Read 19973 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »
Since he said Black Xmas and not Black Christmas (how the covers show the names being different for original vs. remake) I would think he is talking about the remake. But hey... I enjoyed them both... just for different reasons... as they are 2 different styles.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »

Black Christmas
The college town of Bedford is receiving an unwelcome guest this Christmas. As the residents of sorority house Pi Kappa Sig prepare for the festive season, a demonic stranger begins to stalk the house.

A series of grisly obscene phone-calls start to plague the residents of the sorority and soon they will each meet their fate at the hands of the psychotic intruder.

As the Police try to trace the phone calls, they discover that nothing is as it seems during this BLACK CHRISTMAS.

Starring Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, Andrea Martin and John Saxon. Bob Clark's Black Christmas predates Halloween by 4 years and is now widely acknowledged as the inventor of the modern slasher film.

My Thoughts:
I first seen this movie only 2 short months ago when I bought a copy for my Halloween marathon. And I already felt I needed to watch it again. I once again found myself glued to my seat watching through-out the entire movie. It was pretty cool to see Margot Kidder in one of her earlier roles. And she happened to have my favorite kill in the movie. For those of you that don't like gore... there is no worries here. There is really no blood and gore. It is all left to the imagination. If you have never seen this movie... I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Movies: 3
Christmas Episodes: 9
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
For those of you that don't like gore... there is no worries here. There is really no blood and gore. It is all left to the imagination.

I've been bouncing back and forth on this one as a blind buy.
But because I'm not into gory, slasher flics, I've always hesitated.

Now after reading this, I'm going to get it.
Thanks Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!  :thumbup:

Just stay away from the remake... that is gore galore!
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 07:14:15 PM »
I'm not that big on the Horror genre, it's the sparsest field in my collection.

The stuff I like tends to be the classic stuff from the 30's, 40's & 50's.

I don't know why, but seeing the murder and gore from the eyes of the killer just doesn't do it for me.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
Oh I am a HUGE horror hound! It is my absolute favorite genre (especially vampire movies!). But I know what you mean. War and Westerns is the 2 I can have a hard time getting into.

I am just now (within the last few years) giving the classics a chance. Before then I never seen anything from before 1980!  :bag: So pretty much most of it I never seen before. Which means of course... if you review any classics... please keep in mind spoilers... because spoilers are still spoilers even if the movie is old!  ;)

I already had Soilent Green spoiled for me. And been careful not to have Citizen Kane (one I am hoping to see before too long) spoiled for me.  :P So even though I know there is something about Rosebud... I have managed to stay in the dark what Rosebud means!  :P

One I recently watched and really enjoyed was Rear Window... excellent movie!

Oh... and to get this back on topic... a couple others I really enjoyed were It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th St.  :thumbup:
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Im a big Supernatural fan and really enjoyed that episode myself :)

I see you have Black Xmas to watch, I watched it recently... Uhh, well...  :suicide:

Which version are you doing the :suicide: for?  :laugh:

He means the remake XD he actually looked like that when we watched it.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »
:P So even though I know there is something about Rosebud... I have managed to stay in the dark what Rosebud means!  :P

Here's an interesting little tidbit about Rosebud, an no, it's not a spoiler...

One of the key reasons that William Randolph Hearst was so upset with Citizen Kane was the fact that Welles used the moniker 'Rosebud'. It seems that Hearst used to sentimentally describe a certain part of Marion Davies anatomy with that name.  :whistle:

Useless info, I know, but interesting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 06:10:43 AM »
Just stay away from the remake... that is gore galore!
:hmmmm:

Just as you I bought the original upon Jimmy's recommendation. It is unwatched so far but I will watch it for this year's Christmas.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 11:33:04 PM »

Square Pegs: Complete Series - A CHILD'S CHRISTMAS IN WEEMAWEE
After Lauren makes plans for them to crash all the popular holiday parties, Patty finds out she has to spend Christmas with her estranged dad. Lauren then has trouble getting into the holiday spirit without her around.

My Thoughts:
This was a fun watch... really brings me back since the time this series takes place in ('80s) is the same time I was in high school. And while this may be an extreme version of the type of kids from there... it is pretty accurate as I knew people in school just like many of the characters in this series. There was a lot of good comedy in this one... both Britt and I laughed more then once watching this episode

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 10
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »

Spectacular Spider Man: Season 2 - Reinforcements
Mysterio and Kraven join the ranks of the Sinister Six (including Sandman, Rhino, Vulture and Electro) in an attempt to capture Spider-Man once and for all.

My Thoughts:
Brittany told me about this episode and asked if I wanted to watch it over at youtube. So we decided to check it out. And I have to admit... while I don't care for how they changed up some of the characters for this series (especially Kraven the Hunter) I really did enjoy this episode. Both Britt and found it so hilarious when Spidey was trying to banter with the Sinister Six but couldn't talk straight because he burnt his tongue on hot chocolate... we laughed so hard we couldn't hear much of what was being said. This is a Christmas episode... but Christmas really is just a backdrop of the episode... the storyline really has nothing to do with Christmas. But that is ok

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 11
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

The Middle: Season 1 - Christmas
While Frankie focuses on rehearsing for a solo in her church's midnight Christmas mass, Mike takes over handling the chores of setting up the Heck family Christmas.

My Thoughts:
Just watched last night's Christmas episode of the new ABC sitcom The Middle. This is a series while I have stuck with it... it has really been hit and miss for me. This Christmas episode is pretty good... but I was expecting a little more from it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 12
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »
Pete, I pretty much agree with you regarding The Middle.  I've been skipping it more than watching it lately.  It's just a little too quirky for me and the kids are a bit too weird.  I started watching it yesterday but then quit.  Maybe it's because I've been watching every episode of Everybody Loves Raymond (I'm currently into the 8th season...which is the next-to-last one) and I've been getting my fill of Patricia Heaton that way.  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 05:52:42 PM »
I know what you mean... and I liked her better in Everybody Loves Raymond anyway.
Pete