Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon  (Read 20050 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »

Accidentally on Purpose: Season 1 - Happened One Christmas
Worried that she'll ruin Christmas - as she has in previous years - Billie tries to hide from her parents the fact that Zack is living with her. Meanwhile, Abby's husband, Nick, tries to impress their father.

My Thoughts:
This is a new series I just recently started to watch. I always hate starting a series after the pilot episode already aired. I always prefer to watch it from the beginning. But I wanted to check it out since Jenna Elfman is in it. I enjoyed her on Dharma and Greg. After only a couple episodes the show is growing on me. It is funny... but not the best comedy I ever seen. This Christmas episode was pretty good. I am unsure if I like the way it ended or not at this point. We will have to see where it goes from here.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Movies: 4
Christmas Episodes: 17
Christmas Specials: 1
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »

The Santa Clause
Superstar comedian and Golden Globe winner* Tim Allen shines bright in Disney's magical, larger-than-life hit comedy that People Magazine dubbed "the most playfully amusing, inventive cinematic...fable in several decades

Rooftop clatter leads to merry adventure after Santa falls down on the job, and Scott Calvin's son Charlie convinces dad to try on the red suit. Eight reindeer pilot the pair to the North Pole, where they soon discover that by donning the famous suit, dad must now accept all of Santa's duties! Over the next year, a surprised, not-so-jolly Scott grows a Santa-sized tummy and beard, causing friends, family and business associates to wonder if he's lost his marbles. All except Charlie, who thinks his dad is perfectly suited for his new job!

Each well-kept secret of the North Pole is revealed in Disney's hilarious and heartwarming tale that's "destined to become a holiday classic" (New York Post). Now you can unwrap all the magic of the holidays any day of the year!

*Best Actor ("Home Improvement")

My Thoughts:
I have to admit... This year I have had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit... so much so that I was wondering if I would at all. So I had to pull out "The Santa Clause"... this is the movie that never fails when I feel this way for some reason. I have just always found this movie to be so much fun and for some reason always brings out the Christmas Spirit in me. I think Tim Allen makes the perfect Santa in this movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Movies: 5
Christmas Episodes: 17

Note To Jimmy: Recycled Review... no need to Add it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »

NCIS: Season 7 - Faith
The body of the son of a retired Colonel-turned-preacher is found and the team have their suspicions that he may be the victim of a hate crime. Meanwhile, Gibbs gets a holiday visit from his father.

My Thoughts:
I finally got around to watching this past Tuesday's episode of NCIS. This year's Christmas episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially enjoyed how Abbey celebrates Christmas... this time dressing up a skeleton as Santa. I also enjoyed Tony and Ziva going to the redneck bar. And I liked how they added in that favor McGee did for Abbey's friend.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 18
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »

Roseanne: Season 4 - Santa Claus
While playing Santa at Rodbell's, Roseanne meets Darlene's newest friend, a 39 year-old woman who runs a bookstore. Rosie goes to the bookstore to learn more about Karen, but instead learns more about her own daughter.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode.I liked how they had Roseanne as Santa and Jackie as Mrs. Claus. But to be honest with you... I thought Jackie's Mrs. Claus was funnier then Roseanne's Santa. The storyline of Darlene and her friend was enjoyable as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 19
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »

The Real Ghostbusters: Season 1 - Xmas Marks the Spot
During a snowstorm, the guys enter a time slip where they unknowingly bust the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future before Scrooge learns his lesson thus changing history. Egon must enter the containment unit to return the ghosts and make things right while the three other Ghostbusters pose as the ghosts themselves! Can Christmas be saved?

My Thoughts:
Brittany and I found this on On-Demand and just had to watch it. I used to love this cartoon... and would love to be able to get the DVDs to revisit the series. This episode is an entertaining idea for a Christmas episode. Which aired as a two part episode originally... but they put the two parts together for the On-Demand showing.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 20
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 1 - And All Through the House
On Christmas Eve a woman slaughters her husband and learns that she's on Santa's naughty list when an escaped maniac dressed as Santa Claus shows up at her doorstep with a special present for her.

My Thoughts:
Of course being a Christmas episode this time we have the Cryptkeeper dressed like Santa. Now this episode I enjoyed more then I did the first one. Matter of fact it remains on of my favorite episodes. This episode also made me a fan of Larry Drake in horrors. I know Christmas is on the way when I watch this episode!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 21
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 02:27:38 PM »

The Big Bang Theory: Season 2 - The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
Penny starts dating Leonard's handsome colleague; Leonard and his friends are tortured by Sheldon's obsession with gift-giving etiquette.

My Thoughts:
Last night they decided to rerun last season's Christmas episode. And I was so glad they did. This one is so much better then this season's episode! I loved every minute of it! Once again it is Sheldon that steals the story. First his obsession of what to give Penny when he finds out that Penny got him a Christmas gift.. then his reaction to that gift was I don't know... it couldn't have been done any better!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 22
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »

Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh
Drake and Josh get jobs at the mall, one as Santa Claus and the other as his assistant. While working, they meet a less-fortunate girl and makes her a promise that this will be the best Christmas ever, or face jail time.

My Thoughts:
Brittany asked me to watch this with her today. I only ever watched a little bit of the series that this movie is based on. But I remembered enough to enjoy the movie. It is definitely more geared towards kids... but I got some laughs out of it. I especially liked Jake and Josh's evil little sister. She had me laughing more then once.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Movies: 6
Christmas Episodes: 22
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
I enjoyed this Christmas special too, although I think it tried to grow up with its Audiance, this has a slightly more adult tone to the series.

I always liked Drake and Josh's parts together on the Amanda Show, and the series is great! :p im sure this Christmas special will be on again today.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
You know... there was one thing I just couldn't wrap my mind around on that movie... Here you have this crazy nut working at a movie theater for a living... and what do we see during the parade scene? This crazy nut that couldn't be making much more then minimum wage driving up in a freaking DeLorean!  :slaphead: :stars:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »

NCIS: Season 6 - Silent Night
During the week of Christmas, the NCIS team is working overtime searching for a prime suspect who turns out to have been dead for 17 years.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I really liked the Christmas sweater that Goth Forensic Scientist Abby was wearing... a red sweater with a skull wearing a Santa hat.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 23
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

NCIS: Los Angeles: Season 1 - Brimstone
The team tries to track down a Marine's old unit after he is murdered by an exploding cell phone.

My Thoughts:
Christmas is really no more then a backdrop in this episode. As much as I love NCIS... I have a little trouble getting into this spin-off series. But it is really starting to grow on me. And I found this episode really good.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Totals:
Christmas Episodes: 24
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:29:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
You know... there was one thing I just couldn't wrap my mind around on that movie... Here you have this crazy nut working at a movie theater for a living... and what do we see during the parade scene? This crazy nut that couldn't be making much more then minimum wage driving up in a freaking DeLorean!  :slaphead: :stars:

But here's the thing, a nutjob would probably do some criminally nutty things to get what he wants, in a nutty way so no one knows what happened!! :P

........well, don't look at me like that! I don't know first hand!! :o LOL

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
With a mind like yours... You should know!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »
*runs before the cops show*