Author Topic: The Men Who Stare at Goats  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Men Who Stare at Goats
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:44 AM »

I went to see The Men Who Stare at Goats last week.  The movie is a bit bizarre and it won’t appeal to a lot of people, but I thought it was entertaining.  The plot is interesting even while being weird.  It is sort of based on a true story about how the US government and military have looked into trying to develop psychic abilities in people, like remote viewing.  I have heard of research being done with remote viewing before.  The movie is based on a book and from the research I did, things were pulled from the book while the situations in the movie were fictional.  It made a very entertaining movie.  There is humor to the movie, though I don’t really consider it to be a comedy overall like some people have described it.  The cast do well with their parts.  I think the movie is worth seeing.

I did get a review posted at Epinions if anyone would like to take a look.

lovemunkey187

Re: The Men Who Stare at Goats
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »
I enjoyed it, but was still a little disappointed. Not because it was a bad film but more that I went into it expecting an out and out comedy.

Still got some very funny parts and woth seeing for the cast alone.

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »
Ive just finished the book, im looking forward to seeing the film!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
I did expect it to be funnier than it was too because of the way it was promoted.  That's why I made sure to state that while there are funny moments in the movie, it isn't one I consider a comedy overall.