Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's November Alphabet Marathon  (Read 48765 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: November Alphabet Marathon
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »

Title: Bimbos B.C.
Year: 1990
Director: Todd Sheets
Rating: NR
Length: 68 Min.
Video: Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Gina Rydeen
Jenny Admire
Lisa Cotton
Bonnie Coy
J.T. Taube

Plot:
A barbarian woman is attacked while on a routine hunting mission. She pulls herself to a building that turns to be a fortress for prehistoric bimbos!

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I thought it was about time for another one out of that low budget 50 movie boxset Mortuary of Madness that I got for about $15. I already enjoyed enough of the few movies I watched so far to make the purchase worth the price... but am hoping there will be more in it to enjoy.

OK... I admit it. I got curios about this one from the title alone. Of course I went into this one expecting a big steaming pile of crap. Unfortunately that is exactly what I got this time. This movie... and I hate to even call it that... looked to be no more then a bunch of college buddies playing with an old VHS camcorder. The acting was pitiful... the effects was non-existent... and the video quality sucked. It looked like it came directly from an old VHS tape... with wavy lines and all.

At least I don't feel too cheated since this movie did come in such a large boxset and I already felt I got my money worth before I even got to this one. But if I bought this one by itself I would have been extremely disappointed as this one would rank right there with The Sorority and The Curse of Lizzie Borden. I could not in good faith even give this movie a half a star.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Zero
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

Title: Roxy Hunter and the Mystery of the Moody Ghost
Year: 2007
Director: Eleanore Lindo
Rating: TV-Y7
Length: 93 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Aria Wallace
Robin Brûlé
Demetrius Joyette
Vik Sahay
Julian Richings

Plot:
After moving to an eerie old house in the country, nine-year-old super sleuth Roxy Hunter stumbles into a world filled with unsolved mysteries, secret plots and spooky spirits! Now, Roxy and her best friend and boy genius Max, must race to save their home, re-unite a lost love and uncover the true villain. Is it the Moody Ghost...or something even spookier?

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Music Videos
Interviews
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I bought Brittany for her Birthday the other day. This is a TV Movie that originally aired on Nickelodeon. This movie is cute enough... and has a few laughs. But it is definitely geared more towards the kids then it is adults. Brittany enjoyed it quite a bit though so I am happy about that.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 06:36:54 AM »
[Title: Bimbos B.C.
Just making the profile of this film was enough for me to decide that I will never watch this...
The video quality is awfull and it feels cheap, looks like I was right...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
Definitely not worth watching. Unless we can think of another stupid deal... then I may slip this one in on you!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »

Title: The Uninvited
Year: 2009
Director: The Guard Brothers
Rating: PG-13
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Emily Browning
Arielle Kebbel
David Strathairn
Elizabeth Banks
Maya Massar

Plot:
From the producers of The Ring and Disturbia comes a nail-biting thriller, THE UNINVITED. Following the suspicious death of their mother, sisters Anna and Alex become entangled in a deadly battle of wills when their father becomes engaged to Rachel, their mother's former caretaker. As the two sisters investigate Rachel's questionable past, they are confronted with ghostly visions, terrifying nightmares and deadly consequences. All leading to an ending so shocking it "will send chills down your spine!"

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I am so glad I decided to watch this movie this morning. The Uninvited has to be the best movie I have watched in a while. Sure there are some logic flaws in this film and some scares that seem a bit forced but over all I really enjoyed every second of this movie. And without going into detail I didn't see that ending coming. If you haven't done so yet... I recommend checking this one out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »
sorry Pete I posted review in wrong thread  :-[

:laugh: No big deal!  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »

Title: Killer Story
Year: 2004
Director: Garrett Clancy
Length: 80 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.33:1
Subtitles:

Stars:
William Smith
Joe Estevez
Susan Featherly
Paul A. Cox

Plot:
Monty and Fortunato, two old-time writers, get locked away in an abandoned saloon by a mysterious stranger and are prodded into out-dueling each other with their storytelling abilities by a sexy woman, who may in fact be a ghost.

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is another movie out of the Mortuary of Madness boxset. after that last one I watched from it I am a little leery of watching another from the set. But then there has been a few here that I did enjoy so figured time to chance another one. I am glad I picked this one to watch... as while I have seen better... this one is pretty good. I enjoyed both stories featured in this Anthology.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »

Title: I Dream of Dracula
Year: 2001
Director: Jim Haggerty
Length: 75 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.33:1
Subtitles:

Stars:
Michellina Shaffranski
Jae Mosc
Maria Bolaris
Spike
Jeni King [Jeni King-D'Errico]

Plot:
An erotic tale of vampire lust!

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I figured what the heck... I will watch another movie from the Mortuary of Madness set. This time I didn't fair out that well. The acting was bad.... for an erotic movie they could have picked better looking women... And the story was in need of improvement. I mean the story did have potential... but unfortunately the writer just couldn't pull it off. I think with a better script, a better cast... and maybe a little more of a budget this movie could have been something. But as it is this one is no more then very mildly entertaining.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »
V: The Original Miniseries

Fifty spaceships, each three miles across, hover ominously above Earth's major cities. The Visitors that emerge are humanlike in appearance and extend the hand of friendship. Our planet's resources are just what these aliens need to survive. And for its future survival, unsuspecting humankind will need... a miracle!

Kenneth Johnson's science-fiction spectacular V mixes dynamic special effects with cliffhanger thrills. As fascist rule enslaves the globe, freedom fighters battle to save our species. Marc Singer [The Beastmaster] heads an epic-sized cast of human defenders and - behind sleek uniforms and benevolent behavior - reptilian invaders. For unparalleled extraterrestrial excitement, the invaders of V are unstoppable.

My Thoughts

I saw this back when it originally aired on tv.  I consider it a movie because of the length.  Since it had been so long since I watched this originally, I had forgotten a lot of things about the movie.  I think it has held up well overall though certain things do look dated.  The story is very interesting and entertaining.  Certain things may not be the most original since they are obviously influenced by the real events during WWII and what the Nazis did, but I think it works wonderfully well.  There really isn’t a lot of violence and not that much action, though there is some in a few scenes.  There is more focus on how the various characters deal with what is going on.  The characters are good, though Robin did irritate me a few times.  Diana is one of the few things I remembered and I still think she is a very effective villain.   I still really enjoyed this movie. 

I did get a review posted on Epinions if anyone would like to take a look.

V

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
Pete you don't seem to follow my advice (even if we agree on the movies I've reviewed in my marathon). But seriously don't watch The Slasher, Brainiac and Kill Syndrome... they are bad and not just a little bit.

If you have some time to kill try to watch Alucard, I would like to see your comment about it since you are the vampire fan...

A Bothered Conscience is great also ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
 :laugh: What can I say Jimmy... I like to see for myself. Not sure if I will get to another one tonight or not.. watching a cartoon dvd with Brittany right now. But I will try to get to some of those within the next week. :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 11:29:30 PM »
V: The Final Battle

Is there life out there? Finally we know. Because they are here. Alien spacecraft with humanlike passengers have come to Earth. They say they come in peace for food and water. The water they find in our reservoirs. The food they find walking about everywhere on two legs.

That saga that began with V now culminates in a struggle to save the world in V: The Final Battle. Sci-fi film stalwarts Marc Singer, Robert Englund and Michael Ironside head a large cast in this tense adventure that leaps from the stunning revelation of reptilian beings concealed by human masks to the birth of the first human/spaceling child to the harrowing countdown to nuclear doomsday. The future begins or ends here.

My Thoughts

I’m using this one for F.

This one is a good follow up to the original V.  This one picks up a little while after the end of the first one and continues the main story of the resistance fighting the Visitors.  It is 3 parts instead of 2, so a bit more happens.  There is more action since there are more fights throughout this one, and the attention to the characters suffers a bit.  The plot continues to be interesting and entertaining and it works well as a sequel to the first movie.  Many of the same characters return and there are a few new ones as well.  I did wonder where an older couple that had been fairly important in the first one was.  Diana continues to be a wonderful villain.  A bit more is shared about her, including how far she is willing to go to achieve what she wants.  Overall, this is another very entertaining movie.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »
sorry Pete I posted review in wrong thread  :-[
V: The Original Miniseries
Pete your thread looks confusing :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 11:48:44 PM »
 :laugh: It really no big deal to me.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
I think its the topic title not being specific, can you change it to Petes November Alphabet marathon?