Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62428 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 11:40:25 PM »
Cliff's discussion with Theo in this pilot is a great TV moment. The scene where Cliff shows Theo with game money that being a "regular" guy is not much fun. After which Theo tells his father, that he should love him like he is, because he is his son, and not be disappointed in him with not being successful in school. The studio audiences applauds this typical family sitcom speech, but is interupted with Cliff's "That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard" comeback. And the audience goes wild  :laugh:

:laugh: Yes... that was a great scene as well!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2009, 12:13:57 AM »

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
Exactly one year after being brutally murdered, rock musician Eric Draven returns to Earth, searching for a way to right what has been wronged and to reunite with his missing soul-mate Shelly Webster. Guided by a mystical Spirit Crow, he is neither living nor dead, possessing strange new powers to aid him in his search for revenge which, ultimately, must become a quest for redemption.

The Soul Can't Rest
On the first anniversary of his death, rock musician Eric Draven reappears, bent on revenge against those who brutally murdered both him and his soul-mate Shelly.

My Thoughts:
This is another series I bought blind when I found it cheap on sale. Actually it is one I got free in a buy one get one free sale. This series was a pleasant surprise to me. I have watched several episodes in the past and I have enjoyed it. I really need to get around finish off this show! The pilot episode does a good job of introducing the characters. The series has some good fight sequences in it. Which was the selling point of getting my mother hooked on the series. She always loved pretty much anything with martial arts in it. I especially enjoyed the final fight in this episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2009, 05:43:17 AM »
Downside... Every time I watch this show I get that damn theme song stuck in my head for a long time after. And that is just pure torture to me!  :surrender:
:devil: :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
Since it arrived in time... I added Day Break to my marathon listing on the first page.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

Dark Angel
From producer James Cameron (Titanic, Aliens, Terminator 2: Judgment Day) comes a new face of the future: Max, a sexy, genetically engineered woman on the run from her military creators, Max is determined to remain free even as she searches for the others of her kind. Set in a bleak near future where an electromagnetic pulse has plunged the country into economic and political collapse, Dark Angel captivated television audiences and garnered awards for hot, young star Jessica Alba.

Pilot
Max is a beautiful, unique girl -- she should be, she was designed that way. Engineered in a secret government lab twenty years ago, Max and her genetically enhanced siblings were created to be the perfect soldiers... until they escaped. Now, ten years later, against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic Seattle, Max is on a quest to reclaim her past by finding her fellow escapees. But she's not the only one looking...

My Thoughts:
This is a show I always liked... but one I haven't watched in quite a while. The show has a lot of good action. Other then of course the gorgeous Jessica Alba... there is another familiar face in this series. That being Michael Weatherly... who is currently on one of my favorite show... NCIS. This pilot episode is a double length episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »
You will need to add the pilot three-parter of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" to your list :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »
Yeah... I know... as long as it gets here in time! I really don't want to have to go back to something once I am past it. But I got a shipment notice today... so it I am all but positive it will be here in time! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
Have to add Hex too for that matter... but that one hasn't even shipped yet.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2009, 12:30:33 AM »

Day Break
Did you ever have a day so bad you couldn't wait to get past it? The kind of day where nothing goes your way and everything turns out wrong. What would happen if you couldn't put this day behind you...literally?

Today, Detective Brett Hopper will be accused of shooting state attorney Alberto Garza. He will offer his rock solid alibi but will realized that he has been framed and will run. Then he will wake up and start the same day all over again. This time he'll do it differently - and will continue to - until he finds out who's framing him, get his gang witness to court to testify and save the lives of his loved ones. Hopper has only one advantage to his favor - he remembers everything he did the "day prior" that didn't work. It's a painful way to learn because he also carries the bruises and battle scars with him from every mistake-filled day.

Daybreak features Taye Diggs (Private Practice, How Stella Got Her Groove Back) as Detective Hopper in this action-packed thriller from director Rob Bowman (The X-Files, Reign of Fire) and writer Paul Zbyszewski (After the Fire). Also co-starring are Moon Bloodgood and Adam Baldwin. Along with all 13 episodes of this program are special features which include interviews with the cast and producers, behind-the-scenes footage and audio commentary from the cast and crew.

Day Break (Pilot)
When Detective Brett Hopper woke up this morning, he thought it was a normal day, a day like any other one, but he soon learns he has been accused of killing Assistant District Attorney Alberto Garza. Even after offering a solid alibi, no one believes him. When he wakes up the next morning, he finds out he is reliving the same day and his loved ones are in danger.

My Thoughts:
This a show I bought blind... I never even heard of it till I decided to order it. It is a short lived TV Series that only lasted 13 episodes (only 6 episodes originally aired before cancellation). But I got it cheap and decided to take a chance on it. I always liked the movie Groundhog Day... so I thought it would be a fairly safe purchase. Going by the pilot episode only it seems to be a pretty good series. I enjoyed it. Though I do have to wonder how much they can do with him for an entire series

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2009, 02:06:47 AM »

Dead Like Me
You're about to be collected. "Winningly eccentric" (LA Daily News) and "insistently irreverent" (People), this groundbreaking, original series delivers you into a realm of shockingly funny characters and twisted narratives you'll find completely "addictive" (NY Daily News)!

When an errant toilet seat from the falling Mir Space Station puts an abrupt end to her life, George (Ellen Muth) discovers that death is nothing like she thought it would be. Recruited to collect the souls of others as they die, she suddenly finds herself an unwilling participant in a line of work she never knew existed: Grim Reaping!

Pilot
When smart, cynical, 18-year-old George is crushed to death by an errant toilet seat from space, she joins the ranks of an undead group of grim reapers. As she clumsily learns to adjust to her new role in the afterlife, George haphazardly hurtles toward her first dreaded assignment: to collect the soul of a little girl.

My Thoughts:
Wow... what to say about this one... it is just a fun dark comedy. I loved every minute of it. Of course I really get a kick out of how George (for those that haven't seen this show...in this case George is a girl) joins the ranks of the Reapers. Other then the good story I also enjoy how they did the gravelings. Another thing I like about this series is how they portray the dead going into the light. The light forms into something fun/important to the person that died... and it draws them to it. I definitely recommend this series if you never seen it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2009, 02:13:10 AM »

Dead Zone
Based on the characters and story from the best-selling book by Stephen King, The Dead Zone is a unique psychological thriller that combines a rich mix of action, the paranormal and a continuing quest for justice.

Wheel of Fortune
After six years in a coma, Johnny Smith awakens to find that his world has changed — and he has startling paranormal abilities.

My Thoughts:
The pilot of the series is much like the movie... setting up the series very well. I absolutely adore Nicole De Boer... and this is the series that I discovered her. The entire time I watched this series I always wanted her and Johnny to get back together. The ending of this episode is a fantastic cliffhanger... and now I am so wanting to continue watching the series. Great Show!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2009, 01:20:05 AM »

Desperate Housewives
Experience the television phenomenon that has fans cheering and critics raving. "Refreshingly original, bracingly adult and thoroughly delightful, Desperate Housewives is like the answer to a TV prayer you didn't know you'd made," says Robert Bianco of USA TODAY.

Now you can spend the night with the women of Wisteria Lane and relive every minute of the weekly television event that heated up water coolers from coast to coast. With spectacular bonus features, including extended, unrated episodes, this sizzling six-disc set is full of surprises and loaded with entertainment.

PILOT
One bright sunny afternoon on Wisteria lane, housewife and mother Mary Alice Young ended her seemingly perfect life. Now, in death, Mary Alice sees the lives of her four best friends and neighbors, Susan, Gabrielle, Bree and Lynette, and their most intimate secrets. Single mom Susan has a crush on new resident Mike, model-turned-trophey-wife Gabrielle is having an affair with her seventeen-year-old gardner, perfectionist homemaker Bree is driving her family crazy, and former career woman Lynette is stressed beyond belief from her quartet of out-of-control kids. Together these four women try to solve the mystery of what drove Mary Alice to shoot herself.

My Thoughts:
This show is an odd case for me. It is a series I never even considered collecting before. But then I won a copy of season 1 on an online contest. So I check it out.. and found this series is pretty addicting. Once you start watching you just don't want to stop. Then once I finally came to the end of the season I was like that was fun... but I am in no hurry to get season 2. And what happens? Our good friend Roger gives me a copy of season 2! And once again... I am addicted to watching this series till the end of season 2. Now today I watch the pilot episode again... and I can see myself watching this whole 2 seasons that I own once again. And even think about buying the next season.

But it seems like after a day or 2 of not watching this series I tend to forget about it and not worry about the next season any longer.

Now who has season 3 that they want to send me?  :tease:

My Rating:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
Pete, I know the feeling. I watched the first season in a row. Then sometime later I bought the second season but didn't watch it for years. This year I watched it - again in a very short time. Now seasons 3 and 4 are on my price radar and well within acceptable ranges (15 pounds per season) and yet I cannot bring myself to buying them.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
It must be something about this series. Kinda an out of site... out of mind type thing.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »

Dexter
Led by an amazing performance by Emmy®-nominated actor Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under), Dexter is one of the most critically acclaimed, must-see television shows of the year! Like no other crime drama you've seen before, this horrifying and intoxicating DVD includes all 12 riveting Season One episodes and a host of delightfully twisted special features.

Dexter (Pilot)
When blood spatter analyst Dexter Morgan is not out solving murders, he spends his time as a serial killer who eliminates those who do bad things. But his world is shaken when another serial killer commits a series of highly stylized murders in Miami.

My Thoughts:
This is a series that really grabbed me from the pilot episode.  The idea of a serial killer/vigilante working from within the police station is great. It has been a long time since I watched the pilot episode. Not since I bought the set. Which was a blind buy at the time. But I have been watching it every since. Unfortunately I am behind on buying the DVDs as I still only have season 1 in my collection.

My Rating:
Pete