Author Topic: Jimmy's 2009 Horror Marathon  (Read 71499 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy's 2009 Horror Marathon
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »
I Will download it later today. You see it isn't for nothing if we want to keep our language, we know about this zombie virus since a long time :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2009, 04:56:35 AM »

Title : He Knows You're Alone (1980)

Overview
Now you see him. Now you don't. The face of a killer appears out of the darkness and just as quickly disappears. A young woman has an eerie feeling someone is stalking her. Another beauty steps into a shower... and a bathroom-door handle slowly turns. We're in slasher-flick territory -- and also in a rare realm of film history, because screen icon Tom Hanks makes his movie debut in this knife-edged shocker.

The up-and-coming legend plays the brief supporting role of Elliot, a psych major whose musings about the nature of fear reinforce the tone of this twisted tale about a sicko who targets brides-to-be... and a detective scrambling to stop the carnage. Wedded bliss can be very short-lived when 'He Knows You're Alone!'

My Impression
I'm a little bit deceived by this one, since I feel it could have been so much better. The problem is that this movie was a victim of the MPAA non sense cutting policy. All the violence is cut and no blood is present and this isn't because I've a cut version of the movie. Seriously, if I watch a movie about a maniac stalker I don't think it's too much to ask a minimum of blood and violence ::)

I like the performance of Caitlin O'Heaney (a very underated actress) and Don Scardino, the opening of the movie is great and Tom Rolfing (the stalker) had a good screen presence even if his role is silent.

Too Bland and generic for my taste, but maybe some of you could like this film.

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2009, 08:37:11 AM »

Title : All Night Long (1992)

Overview
Three high-school students are witnesses to a violent murder. Joined together by this unforgettable experience in a way they cannot understand, their link to the world of violence strengthens when a group of rapists attack one of their female friends. Embracing the shocking underworld of savagery, the three teenagers make a pact to find the rapists and exact revenge for their friend.

My Impression
It's been a while since I've watch this one (at least more than 2 years) and I've obviously forgot that this isn't a typical horror movie. It's more your typical familly friendly japanese movie ;)

Of course this isn't true (at least I hope) since the movie is a "what if?" type of movie, in this case what would you do if your new girlfriend would be raped and murdered by a gang of teenage bad guy? Being a Japanese movie if your answer was "call the police" you are wrong... The real answer : go there with 2 new friends and beat the crap out of them and more. That can be sound like a piece of garbage, but a long time is pass in the film to show the love story between the 2 young protagonists (almost one hour) and this revenge doesn't sound gratuitious. Yes it's bloody and violent, but this isn't without reasons like in the stupid Hostel. You will see that no one can used violence and not be affected by it (it doesn't end well for neither the rape gang and the revenge gang). Some of the acting look over the top, but I see that more as a way to reflect what happen when your brain switch is at the off position.

2 others films were made in that serie, but I haven't see them yet...

I recommand this film, but it isn't a movie for everybody

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »

Title : Kill Syndrome (2006)

Overview
A depraved, inbred familly of degenerate psychopaths led by the grotesque, cannibalistic "freakshow" abduct, torture and kill innocent victims deep in the backwoods of rural Arrowood County. Always recording their crimes on video.

My Impression
The longest 50 minutes of my life... Waste of time this isn't for nothing if this film doesn't even had an imdb entry... It's not a movie at all!!! Everybody shout and shout and shout their lines when they don't miss them, not that it isn't that much of a problem since the script countains only the words fuck and bitch (I haven't count them but they are said certainly more than 500 times in 50 minutes). The movie is badly filmed sometimes the screen is green or red or yellow or normal (for this film, not in the usual sense of this word) for no reasons. No editing is present, they turn off the camera when they have no idea of what to do. The movie had no plot at all, unless kidnaped a girl or a man and torture them cheaply is a plot. Maybe I'm too harsh since the movie had two "subplots". One woman and two men travel, their car broke, the woman goes with one man to find a mechanic, the guy alone is killed in the night, the two others walk in the forest in the day, the dead guy wake up, they continue to walk in the day, the dead guy walk, they argument (they do that since the beginning) and walk, the dead guy is kill again, the other guy fight with the killer, the dead guy looks really dead this time, they continue to fight with some funny slapping sounds, the killer win, the killer hit the looser with something and we never heard about those 3 peoples again. Second subplot : a redneck argument with his trailer trash wife because she wears perfume, he gets angry because she's a fucking no good fucking bitch who doesn't know how to make a fucking dinner for her poor invalid husband (he isn't, he is just a drunk), she cook him a dinner, he isn't happy of his fucking dinner who looks like a fucking slop (??), he hit her because she's a fucking no good whore, later he falls asleep, she hit him one million times with something, God this guy is hard to kill for a puny guy like that, finally after five thousands other hits he die, she decide to saw his body in the bath but she change her mind and get out, the killer take her in his pick-up, she wake up in a very solid chicken wire cage ::), the killer and a fat trailer trash woman (I think it's his sister) tease her, the killer fall (I think she had hit him offscreen), she hit the trailer trash woman and the movie end... They even had the audacity to start this movie with a narration à la Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

Waste of time, but at least you only have the review to read and the trailer to watch. It isn't 50 minutes for you :phew:

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
It seems that it's over for me this year. I haven't watched an horror film since sunday and I've restart my X-Files watching, so it's obvious that I won't watch one today.

To be honest, I'm not very proud of my performance... Sure I've watched 52 films (2 more than last year), but I've watched 44 of them in the first half of the month. The way I've decided to do it is probably the reason why I wasn't able to maintain my interest. It was just too much average movies for a month. One thing is sure I will do it differently next year and choose my movie.

:thumbup: = 5
;D = 12
:D = 15
:-\ = 8
:yawn: = 6
:yucky: = 8

Sorry for my bad performances :(
I know I've watched a lot, but for me this year is a flop...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2009, 10:06:36 AM »
Sorry for my bad performances :(
I know I've watched a lot, but for me this year is a flop...

And what would I say? I only watched two movies for my October marathon. I wonder why I even bothered starting a thread  :laugh:
I even had prepared a pile of movies I planned to watch, but none of them managed to keep me from watching TV episodes. But on the other hand, I think I set a new personal record for number of watched TV episodes.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »
I felt bad I had to stop my watching at about half way through the month after the build-up for my marathon we had. But of course the circumstances were beyond my control.

I know I have much to do today... but I am hoping to watch some Halloween episodes of some sitcoms and such today... since I didn't get many (or any?) watched this year. And maybe by this evening fit in a horror movie if I am lucky.
Pete