Author Topic: All About Steve  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
All About Steve
« on: September 13, 2009, 04:49:00 AM »
Since I tend to like Sandra Bullock, I decided to go see All About Steve even though I wasn't sure about it when I first saw previews.  I enjoyed the movie overall, but it isn't one for everyone.

Mary works constructing crossword puzzles for a newspaper, which is the perfect job for her since she loves the puzzles.  She knows all sorts of things that seem like useless trivia, but end up helping in various situations.  She had babble on about the things she knows, which turns some people off.  Some people even think she is crazy because of that.  She has moved back in with her parents temporally, and they set her up on a blind date with Steve, a cameraman for a news network.  Mary almost cancels the date, but she decides to go through with it and she is immediately attracted to Steve so much that she retreats to her room to adjust her outfit before they leave.  Once in the car, she pounces on him and while he is liking it at first, he quickly decides that she is nuts and fakes a call from work, saying he has to go to Boston to cover a story.  Mary believes they are starting a relationship and see takes an off hand comment he made literally and decides to follow him so they can be together.

This movie isn't going to appeal to everyone for a few reasons.  First of all, it is basically about a stalker, though she is more of a harmless stalker than a crazy dangerous stalker.  Second, there is some rather odd stuff going on and Mary herself is a bit odd even before she decides to chase after Steve.  Those things are going to turn some viewers off.  I did think the movie was entertaining.  There is a decent amount of humor, including several very funny moments that weren't in the trailers.  Some of the humor is a bit silly, which is another thing that will turn off some viewers. 

The movie might be considered a romantic comedy, but there really is only a tiny touch of romance to what is going on.  For me, the movie is just a comedy.  Most of the movie is focused on Mary chasing after Steve and the bizarre situations she ends up in.  I did like Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper in their parts.  Fans of the cast may find something enjoy.

I would give the movie 3.5 stars.

I did get a review up on Epinions.

All About Steve

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: All About Steve
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:54:27 AM »
Looks like something I want to catch on TV rather than making it a night out at the movies...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: All About Steve
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:17:37 AM »
That will probably be how most people see it.