Author Topic: Eric's "House Marathon'  (Read 3377 times)

Touti

Eric's "House Marathon'
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
Yesterday I was at my sister's and as usual we ended up talking about movies and tv series.  She asked me if liked "House" and when I told her I had never watched it she lend me the first 4 seasons.

I'm gonna start watching it tonight and post my comments after each episode.

richierich

Re: Eric's "House Marathon'
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »
Be ready to lose sleep. skip meals and become square eyed as you get thoroughally hooked  :training:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
Thanks for scaring me  :redcard:

(click to show/hide)

Touti

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:04 PM »
The Pilot.

It's always difficult to judge a series by the pilot or the first few episodes because it usually takes a certain time for actors to find their grounds and before we, the viewers, can start feeling the connections between them.

At the beginning I wasn't sure I would like it because everybody seems a little cold but in the end I enjoyed it.  I'm definitely gonna watch more.  The unconventional ways of Dr. House and his obvious issues with society and choice not to interact with patients is interesting and I'm eager to see how it develops in the series.

Touti

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 01:48:47 PM »
I didn't come back to write more last night because I didn't know what to say.  I watched 6 episodes so far.  It's interesting but honestly I'm glad I didn't pay for the DVD's because I'm far from being hooked yet.

So far I find it a bit repetitive, all episodes are the same, a patient comes in sick, House and his assistants don't know what's wrong with him, they make a list of possible diseases and start trying treatments to eliminate them one by one.  When there's only one possibility left House shows up in a room and says "I know what it is".  The only difference between the firs 6 episodes (pilot and 5 episodes really) is the patient and the disease, everything else is pretty much the same.

I'm gonna watch more and see if/how it develops but frankly I hope the pattern changes soon because if it doesn't I won't watch the whole series.  I feel a bit like I watched the same episode 6 times last night.

richierich

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
I think the attraction for me has been the characters, their development, and their humorous interaction. The storylines in each episode regarding the 'new patient' is a sideline interest.
I hope you find more in it with the next few episodes, but if not I guess it supports what we always say - horses for courses.

Touti

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »
I guess it supports what we always say - horses for courses.

I never heard that, what's its meaning ?

I don't dislike it, that's why I want to see more.  I think watching 6 episodes isn't enough to judge 5 years of a show and I find it good enough to keep watching and see where it goes.  What you say about the characters is exactly what I want see, how they, and the interactions between them develops.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 06:17:42 AM »

Here.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »

Your Mileage May Vary
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
It looks like Rich and I will be on the same course soon.  I watched a few more episodes last night and this is getting interesting  ;D

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
For me House is a lot like Bones. The "whatever of the week" rarely interests me, but the characters are interesting enough to continue watching.

BTW: It's Lupus!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
I'm not sure you two quite explained horses for courses! :hmmmm:  It simply means, you like what you're suited to. Just as a horse bred for steeple-chase would probably be useless at show-jumping, and vice versa...

Actually, Karsten's is the same of course, but I hadn't heard it before and I was looking for horsey terms!  :bag:

richierich

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
It looks like Rich and I will be on the same course soon.  I watched a few more episodes last night and this is getting interesting  ;D

:cheers: :tv: