Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs  (Read 13732 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
Good to know... I almost picked up part 2 recently when I saw it at Walmart for $4.00
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

Basic Instinct
I tried to watch the second one tonight and all I can say is : God this movie is boring, I was ready to stop just after the CGI car accident and it was just the beginning... Maybe it gets better with the time but after 45 minutes the torture was enough for me and I can't imagine it becoming any better (except for the end credits). Seriously I can't understand why someone had tought it was a good idea... The first one was ok, but it didn't need a sequel 14 years later...

You know, I've never bothered with Basic Instinct 2, because of it's reputation, but Mark Kermode said the other day on the podcast that he likes it, because he found it funny. Not funny because it's so bad but because he feels the writers really wanted to be like that. I'm still not going to go out of my way for it, but if I drop across it one day I'll give it a half chance...

Meanwhile. Basic Instinct on Blu-Ray...  yeah, that works. :devil:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
Good to know... I almost picked up part 2 recently when I saw it at Walmart for $4.00
At least I haven't paid it, since I got it in a trade with Kathy.
Since the original was in the possible package, I've said to myself what no try the sequel despite the fact I don't like new movie usually and its bad reputation. Not surprisingly I hated it and didn't bother watching it entirely (maybe I'm less patient it's the second time it happens this week). I have wait one year and a half to try to watch it, so maybe it was not that surprising...