Author Topic: The Hangover  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Hangover
« on: July 05, 2009, 04:01:29 AM »
At first I wasn't interested in seeing The Hangover, then once it was out, I started seeing a lot of positive reviews about how funny it is.  So I changed my mind.  I was finally able to go see it the other day. 

Doug is getting married.  He's going to Las Vegas with his two best friends and future brother-in-law for a bachelor party.  The next morning, the room is in shambles, there is a baby in a closet, a tiger in the bathroom, Doug is missing, and the other three can't remember anything that happened.  They start to try to piece together the night in an attempt to find Doug. 

This movie is hilarious.  It is truly the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.  It won't appeal to everyone though because a lot of the humor is crude and offensive, with some of it even being obscene.  There is a lot of swearing, some nudity, and some drug use, so the movie is not family friendly.  It will end up offending some people, but it is well worth watching for people that like this type of humor. 

The plot isn't that complicated, but the movie is still very entertaining and there are a few minor surprises that keep things interesting.

I've heard there is already a sequel being planned and I'll probably go see it too.  I'm sure I'll get the DVD once it is out.

:thumbup:

I did get a review posted at Epinions if someone wants to take a look.

The Hangover

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Hangover
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »
When I watched the trailer I was certain to watch this.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »
With Drag Me To Hell, Transformers 2 and Harry Potter coming out and me going to the movies less I think this will be one for DVD...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »
Well, I had a chance to see it today and took it. Hmmm, I thought it was good but not overly hilarious. We were a small crowd in the cinema (which is not good for these films) but still... I did highly enjoy the parts where they made fun of the tourists in the scenes with the doctor and the one with the cops (I think there was a third one which I am forgetting about). I also thought it was good that they didn't show the infamous bar night, as that made it seem even more powerful. Mike Tyson can't act, but who'd expect him to, the rest was quite good, my favorite being "Allen".

(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »
Just came back from the cinema. The whole audience was cracking up. I haven't laughed so much and so heartily in a comedy for a long time.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »
Just came back from the cinema. The whole audience was cracking up. I haven't laughed so much and so heartily in a comedy for a long time.

That's how it was when I saw it too.

richierich

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »

I did get a review posted at Epinions if someone wants to take a look.

The Hangover

Nice review, I will get this for certain on dvd now  :thanks:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »
I'm glad you enjoyed the review.  I hope you enjoy the movie once you see it.