Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467461 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
     Hotel for Dogs: Widescreen (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
DreamWorks Home Entertainment
Director:Thor Freudenthal
Writing:Lois Duncan (Original Material By), Jeff Lowell (Screenwriter), Bob Schooley (Screenwriter), Mark McCorkle (Screenwriter)
Length:100 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Brief Mild Thematic Elements, Language and Some Crude Humor
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Emma Roberts as Andi
Jake T. Austin as Bruce
Don Cheadle as Bernie
Johnny Simmons as Dave
Kyla Pratt as Heather
Troy Gentile as Mark

Plot:
Comedy is unleashed in this box office hit that "will have you begging for more." (Pete Hammond, Hollywood.com) When Andi (Emma Roberts) and Bruce (Jake T. Austin) need somewhere to hide their dog, Friday, they transform an abandoned hotel into a place where no stray gets turned away. Loaded with adorable dogs, a team of clever kids and ingenious gadgets, this heartwarming adventure will leave you wondering – who let the dogs in?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
My daughter gave me this one yesterday evening out of her collection. And this morning I felt like popping it in. I just recently watched Emma Roberts in the film Nancy Drew... and thought she did a fine job in it even though I didn't care for how they did the character in that film. So I went in looking forward to seeing the young star in another film. This is only the third film I have with her in it (the final being Scre4m). I found this one to be a very cute and entertaining movie. Sure it isn't realistic in the least... but it is a fun family film. I enjoyed every moment of it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #466 on: July 04, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
I couldn't get into this one myself, just found it missed the mark - even for kids. I do think Roberts is going to be one to watch for in the future though. She was great in British film 4.3.2.1. She's in the upcoming We're the Millers which also looks like it could be silly fun.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 04, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »
     Just Go with It (2011/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Dennis Dugan
Writing:Allan Loeb (Screenwriter), Timothy Dowling (Screenwriter), I. A.L. Diamond [I.A.L. Diamond] (Original Material By), Abe Burrows (Original Material By), Barillet and Gredy (Original Material By)
Length:116 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Frequent Crude and Sexual Content, Partial Nudity, Brief Drug References and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Adam Sandler as Danny
Jennifer Aniston as Katherine
Nicole Kidman as Devlin Adams
Nick Swardson as Eddie
Brooklyn Decker as Palmer
Bailee Madison as Maggie

Plot:
Danny Maccabee (Adam Sandler) meets the girl of his dreams (Brooklyn Decker) but has to enlist his loyal assistant Katherine (Jennifer Aniston) to pretend to be his soon-to-be ex-wife in order to cover up a careless lie. When more lies backfire, Katherine's kids become involved, and everyone heads off to Hawaii for a ridiculous, out-of-control weekend that tests the limits of how far we'll go for love.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • movieIQ

My Thoughts:
This is my second time watching this film... first time on Blu-ray. The first time I watched the movie was when I got the DVD from Netflix  couple years back. This is a right good romantic comedy... I definitely enjoyed it. Even though I seen the ending coming a mile a way. But watching them get to that point was entertaining. I really enjoyed both Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in this film. I also liked seeing Nicole Kidman in it as well... though she is only in the scenes when they are in Hawaii. This one is worth the time put in to watch it. I am glad I finally got to add this one to my collection. Recommended.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 05, 2013, 02:56:46 AM »
     Men in Black 3 (2012/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Barry Sonnenfeld
Writing:Etan Cohen (Writer), Lowell Cunningham (Original Characters By)
Length:104 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sci-Fi Action Violence, and Brief Suggestive Content
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Will Smith as Agent J
Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K
Josh Brolin as Young Agent K
Jemaine Clement as Boris the Animal
Emma Thompson as Agent O
Michael Stuhlbarg as Griffin

Plot:
In Men in Black™ 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back... in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him — secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
While talking with a friend of mine today she mentioned watching this film today. Which in turn got me in the mood to watch it again. Once again I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I really liked the time travel aspect in this story... as it gave us a good look at a young Agent K. There is also plenty of laughs in this one as well. I was sorry to see that Rip Torn did not return for the third movie. I liked him in the first two... and while Emma Thompson was fine as the new head of MIB... I preferred Rip Ton's character. I definitely recommend this one.. especially if you liked the first two.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 05, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
But what happen if we like the first one and hate the second one :whistle:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #470 on: July 05, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
You just have to be difficult don't you?  ;)
Watch it any way..you  might like it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2013, 02:08:09 AM »
     Jennifer's Body: Unrated (2009/United States)
Trailer |Wikipedia |IMDb |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Karyn Kusama
Writing:Diablo Cody (Writer)
Length:107 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Megan Fox as Jennifer
Amanda Seyfried as Needy
Johnny Simmons as Chip
Adam Brody as Nikolai
Sal Cortez as Chas
Ryan Levine as Mick

Plot:
Sexy temptress Megan Fox is hotter than hell as Jennifer, a gorgeous, seductive cheerleader who takes evil to a whole new level after she's possessed by a sinister demon. Steamy action and gore galore ensue as the male student body succumbs to Jennifer's insatiable appetite for human flesh. Now it's up to her best friend (Amanda Seyfried) to stop Jennifer's reign of terror before it's too late!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
This one arrived in the mail today... figured I will go ahead and check it out. I had a bit of a problem getting drawn into this film. I definitely seen better. I mean I found it entertaining to a point. I was easily able to get through it till the end. I even checked out some of the extras on the disc. But in the end I found the film to be average at best.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2013, 03:02:54 AM »
Pete I guess you won't stop watching horror soon? Surprisingly I haven't watch one since the may 11... I've took your role and I'm on a TV serie watching roll :laugh:

Of course, you don't have to do like me to keep some unwatched movies for october :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2013, 03:06:16 AM »
Nah... no plans to torture myself this year. I plan to watch horror for a while yet.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #474 on: July 09, 2013, 06:48:14 AM »
I think you found more to like about Jennifer's Body than I did.  At least I found it on HBO, so I didn't have to specifically pay for it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
Well... I did get it cheap. Got it on Amazon Marketplace for only $2. So really can't complain!  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 09, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »
     The Princess Diaries: Special Edition: 2-Disc Collector's Set (2001/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment
Director:Garry Marshall
Writing:Meg Cabot (Original Material By), Gina Wendkos (Screenwriter)
Length:115 min.
Rating:G
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Julie Andrews as Queen Clarisse Renaldi
Anne Hathaway as Mia Thermopolis
Hector Elizondo as Joe
Heather Matarazzo as Lilly Moscovitz
Mandy Moore (1984) as Lana Thomas
Caroline Goodall as Mia's Mom, Helen

Plot:
Disney's hilarious smash hit gets the royal treatment in this extraordinary special edition — only on DVD. Starring Academy Award® winner* Julie Andrews, the enchanting Anne Hathaway and Hector Elizondo (Pretty Woman), The Princess Diaries is a cool, comical Cinderella story that will touch your heart. For teenager Mia Thermopolis (Hathaway), just surviving each school day is an adventure. Then the shocking news arrives that she's a real-life princess! So begins a comical transformation towards poise and princess-ness, including a media storm, jealous schoolmates and a plot to take over her country.

*Best Actress, 1964, Mary Poppins.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • THX
  • Princess Diaries 2 Sneak Peek

My Thoughts:
I woke up this morning and found myself in the mood for this film. Don't even know what brought it to mind. I haven't watched it in 4 years! And doubt I thought of it even once in that time. I always found this to be a fun film for the whole family. I thought both Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews did a fine job here. It is a sweet and entertaining film... if you haven't seen this one I would recommend giving it a chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »
Ahh..ok.  I guess $2 isn't too bad.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 19, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
     Brian Keene's Ghoul (2012/United States)
IMDb |
Image Entertainment
Director:Gregory M. Wilson
Writing:William M. Miller (Screenwriter)
Length:81 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Stephen Alderfer as Injured Miner
Tim Bell as Martin Kreider / Ghoul
Jacob Bila as Doug Keiser
Sean Braud as Miner
Chelsea Bruland as Deb Lentz
Barry Corbin as Grandfather

Plot:
Something ghastly haunts Golgotha Cemetery – an entity of unspeakable evil…and insatiable hunger. It is the summer of 1984, a time that should be full of lazy, carefree days for 12-year-old Timmy (Modern Family’s Nolan Gould) and his two best friends, Doug and Barry. But when a teenaged couple goes missing among the gravestones of the local cemetery, the bloodcurdling legend of a horrific ghoul begins to seem more like reality than myth. As the body count rises, Timmy and his friends are forced to confront their worst fears when they unearth long-buried secrets and unleash not only their personal demons…but also the one lurking underground! Based on the novel by Brian Keene comes GHOUL, a tale of terror about the convergence of monstrous inhumanity and a ravenous, inhuman monster.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a film I borrowed from the library. It is a TV Movie that originally aired on the Chiller Channel. Which unfortunately our cable company doesn't carry. Though I have asked several times over the last few years. There was things I liked about this one... and things I didn't. In some ways it reminded me of the film Goonies. The whole exploring underground tunnels and such. That is one of the things I did like about it. Something I didn't care too much for is they tried to put in too many side storylines. I realize why... wanting to show that all the kids has their personal problems... but it was just too much to fit into an hour and a half film. Over-all I would say it is worth checking out. But nothing to get excited about.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 19, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
     I See You.com (2006/United States)
Warner Home Video
Director:Eric Steven Stahl
Writing:Sean McLain (Writer), Eric Steven Stahl (Writer)
Length:93 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Beau Bridges as Harvey Bellinger
Rosanna Arquette as Lydia Ann Layton
Mathew Botuchis as Colby Allen
Shiri Appleby as Randi Sommers
Dan Castellaneta as Jim Orr
Baelyn Neff as Audrey Bellinger

Plot:
Before YouTube...before MySpace...before Facebook there was I-SEE-YOU.com and Colby Allen (Mathew Botuchis), the teen who invented user-generated content by secretly installing nanny-cams in his parents' home and turning his family into the internet's first Live Feed! reality show.

Pocketing a cool $17K a week, Colby convinces his parents (Beau Bridges and Rosanna Arquette) that dysfunction sells. Something else sells, too: the vid stream of Colby's 18-year old stepsister Audrey (Baelyn Neff), whose unwitting on-cam display of assets launches his enterprise in a big way. Nothing good on TV? Log on. The Belingers are just getting started.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This one was in a box of DVDs that was given to me a while back ago. And another one I had mixed feelings about. It definitely had it's moments. But I didn't find it to be as funny as I was expecting it to be. I did enjoy seeing Shiri Appleby in this film, think this may have been the first thing I seen her in since Roswell. Over-all I would say worth checking out once.... not sure I would recommend buying.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete