Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 471771 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #450 on: June 30, 2013, 02:49:39 AM »
I have seen it several times and enjoyed it every time. The violence is very graphic and therefore not to everyone's taste.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 30, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
I too enjoyed the last Rambo. As i enjoyed all of the Rambo movies (and the series as a whole ofc) With the first one being my favorite. But he isnt getting any younger  aswell. Interesting to see if there well be a movie number 5, or they think this was it. But a great franchise!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 30, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
     Night Junkies (2006/United Kingdom)
IMDb |Trailer |
Director:Lawrence Pearce
Writing:Lawrence Pearce (Writer)
Length:98 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Sexuality/Nudity, Violence, Language and Drug Content
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Spanish

Stars:
Giles Alderson as Vincent
Lucy Bowen as Stella
Beverley Eve as Party Girl
Matt Tully as Tattooed Man
Ellie Ansher as Young Ruby
Katin Winter as Ruby

Plot:
Against riverfront London's sordid backdrop of seedy nightclubs, winding streets and dark alleyways, a modern-day Jack the Ripper stalks his prey... Meanwhile, troubled, newly "turned" exotic dancer Ruby and her brooding vampire lover Vincent struggle to resist their overpowering addiction to the "drug" that both sustains and shatters them: Blood.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This is a film a good friend gave me. Being I am a huge vampire fan... I went into it hopeful... though before the movie I watched the trailer and wasn't too impressed by it which dashed my hopes a little. Unfortunately as hard as I tried I just couldn't get into this one. Matter of fact I didn't even make it to the end. The storyline had possibilities. It could have been a decent film. But I found I didn't care about any of the characters... and found the acting to be on the stiff side. I will rate this one a 0.5 for the story idea alone.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 30, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »
     Poison Ivy (1992/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
New Line Home Video
Director:Katt Shea Ruben
Writing:Melissa Goddard (Story By), Peter Morgan (Story By), Andy Ruben (Screenwriter), Katt Shea Ruben (Screenwriter)
Length:93 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Sara Gilbert as Sylvie Cooper
Drew Barrymore as Ivy
Tom Skerritt as Darryl Cooper
Cheryl Ladd as Georgie Cooper
Alan Stock as Bob
Jeanne Sakata as Isabelle

Plot:
Ivy (Drew Barrymore, Ever After, The Wedding Singer) the sexy, streetwise new girl in a posh private school, will do anything to fit in. Sylvie (Sara Gilbert, TV's Roseanne) rich, smart, but misunderstood – needs a friend.

When Ivy is invited into Sylvie's privileged world, she is instantly intrigued. Sylvie's father (Tom Skerritt, The Other Sister, Contact) is a handsome TV newscaster; her mother (Cheryl Ladd, Permanent Midnight, TV's Charlie's Angels) is a beautiful Beverly Hills wife. Yet tensions in the home run deep – providing a license for malice that Ivy is quick to seize.

With one slick seduction, Ivy sets off a chain reaction that makes Poison Ivy one of the most provocative and erotic thrillers ever filmed.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Even though I caught a scene or two here and there when it was on cable... this is the first time I ever seen this movie from beginning to end. On the plus side... this one has Drew Barrymore and Sara Gilbert... both of who's work I have enjoyed when seeing it. Not to mention Cheryl Ladd for those of us that are Charlie's Angels fans. On the negative side... I have read a lot of reviews for this film... most ranging from decent to bad. So I went in hopeful but not overly so. I didn't notice till I put it in that this triple feature disc contained the pan and scan versions of the films. Another negative going in. After watching the film... I must say I enjoyed it more then I was expecting. Sure... I don't like the idea of a grown man going after his teen daughter's friend, but over-all I found the film easily kept my interest. And I thought the entire cast did a fine job. I would recommend this film. Though I would not recommend this triple feature disc. First of all as I said it is pan and scan... plus the video quality could have been better.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 01, 2013, 02:33:41 AM »
    Poison Ivy 2: Lily (1995/United States)
New Line Home Video
Director:Anne Goursaud
Writing:Chloe King (Writer)
Length:107 min.

Stars:
Alyssa Milano as Lily
Johnathon Schaech as Gredin
Xander Berkeley as Donald Falk
Belinda Bauer as Angela Falk
Camilla Belle as Daphne Falk
Kathryne Dora Brown as Tanya

Plot:
Lily (Alyssa Milano "CHARMED", "MELROSE PLACE", EMBRACE OF THE VAMPIRE) is just the average new girl at school until she discovers an old diary containing Ivy's deepest darkest secrets.

The more she reads, the more she becomes lured into Ivy's world – a world of seductions and powerplays – until she herself becomes the uninhibited risk-taker she has always dreamt of being.

But when a dangerous affair with her married professor (Xander Berkeley AIRFORCE ONE, GATTACA) spirals out of control, Lily becomes involved in a chilling series of events that makes POISON IVY 2: LILY as provocative an erotic thiller as the original. Also starring Johnathon Schaech (HUSH, THAT THING YOU DO).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Thought I would watch the next film in the series. Especially considering this one has Alyssa Milano in it. Someone I have liked since I was a teen watching her on Who's the Boss. Once again... the copy I have in this set is the Pan and Scan version. So once again I do not recommend this triple feature DVD. As for the movie itself... while it is a good one... I liked the first one more. This one took me longer to like the characters and get into the storyline. But once I did I found I enjoyed it quite a bit. This time they decided to go with more of a happier ending compared to the first one. This one is worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #455 on: July 01, 2013, 03:02:17 AM »
I saw the second one years ago...I don't remember much about it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
     Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997/United States)
New Line Home Video
Director:Kurt Voss
Writing:Karen Kelly (Writer)
Length:95 min.

Stars:
Jaime Pressly as Violet
Megan Edwards as Joy Greer
Michael Des Barres as Ivan Greer
Greg Vaughan as Michael
Susan Tyrrell as Mrs. B
Tenaya Erich as Violet-age 8

Plot:
The quiet home of a suburban family is suddenly destroyed when Ivy’s beautiful but evil sister Violet returns to her childhood home and shatters the life of her former best friend Joy. Using her unbridled sexuality as a weapon, she seduces both Joy’s father and fiancé . No deception is too treacherous, no seduction too dangerous, and no crime to heinous for this twisted temptress, whose young life was torn apart by an ill-fated affair between her mother and Joy’s father.

Introducing sexy newcomers Jaime Pressly (Ringmaster) and Megan Edwards, Poison Ivy: The New Seduction is a steamy, pulse-pounding erotic thriller that continues the same provocative and chilling tradition of Poison Ivy and Poison Ivy 2: Lily.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Figured I would finish off this Triple Feature disc. Once again there was a step down compared to the last movie. While it took a while I did find myself getting into the film. I am not really familiar with her... but found I enjoyed Jaime Pressly in the role of Violet. While the film is like the previous 2 and is in pan and scan... the quality was a little better. I am guessing this is because there is only 1 film on this side of the disc instead of two like was on side A.  The way these titles are going just a little downhill with each installment... I am not sure if I should look forward to watching the fourth movie or not.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
I didn't even realize there was a fourth movie.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
Yup...

Poison Ivy: The Secret Society
| Year: 2007 | 95 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Wide-eyed freshman Danielle "Daisy" Brooks' first days at Beckshire College are the best ever. She's noticed by the dean's handsome son, singled out for a much sought-after scholarship and invited to join an exclusive campus society, the Ivies. But the Ivies are more than a close-knit, secretive sisterhood. They are hot-blooded temptresses with cold-blooded ambition who are more than willing to seduce, blackmail or do away with anyone who gets in their way…even if she's one of their own!

This fourth installment in the sexy Poison Ivy series is a delicious thriller starring Miriam McDonald (Degrassi: The Next Generation) as a not-so-innocent country girl whose education at the hands of the Ivies becomes a study in Survival 101.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »
Hmmm.  Never heard of it.  Sounds a little different from the other movies.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
yeah... real different. Haven't watched yet... but according to imdb and wikipedia it is a TV Movie that originally aired on Lifetime. The others was full of sex... some with lots of nudity. I don't see Lifetime going that route. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 04, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
     Poison Ivy: The Secret Society (2007/Canada)
New Line Home Entertainment
Director:Jason Hreno
Writing:Liz Maverick (Writer), Peter Sullivan (Writer), Michael Worth (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Miriam McDonald as Daisy
Shawna Waldron as Azalea
Ryan Kennedy as Blake
Crystal Lowe as Isabel
Andrea Whitburn as Magenta
Greg Evigan as Andrew

Plot:
Wide-eyed freshman Danielle "Daisy" Brooks' first days at Beckshire College are the best ever. She's noticed by the dean's handsome son, singled out for a much sought-after scholarship and invited to join an exclusive campus society, the Ivies. But the Ivies are more than a close-knit, secretive sisterhood. They are hot-blooded temptresses with cold-blooded ambition who are more than willing to seduce, blackmail or do away with anyone who gets in their way…even if she's one of their own!

This fourth installment in the sexy Poison Ivy series is a delicious thriller starring Miriam McDonald (Degrassi: The Next Generation) as a not-so-innocent country girl whose education at the hands of the Ivies becomes a study in Survival 101.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Ok I admit it... curiosity got the best of me... I just had to finish this franchise. Going into this one I wasn't expecting too much as they been going downhill with each sequel and this one is a TV Movie. But I must admit... I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I actually enjoyed every minute of it. It was much better then the previous one. I would say I would put it right up there with part 2. The storyline grabbed me in the opening scene... and easily kept my attention through-out. Sure there was a bit of a slow part here and there... but it really wasn't enough to take away from the film all that much. I have read a number of bad reviews for this one... but I just don't see it. I thought... while sure it could have been better... it was definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 04, 2013, 03:50:43 AM »
yeah... real different. Haven't watched yet... but according to imdb and wikipedia it is a TV Movie that originally aired on Lifetime. The others was full of sex... some with lots of nudity. I don't see Lifetime going that route. :P

Well it was a little surprising... there was a bit of sex and nudity in this one as well. Not what I would expect from Lifetime. Only thing I can think of is they made 2 versions of the film... edited for it's original run on TV and an unedited version for the home video release.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #463 on: July 04, 2013, 04:23:16 AM »
They must have done it that way..Lifetime doesn't show nudity.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »
I never actually watch the channel to know for sure... but I have several of their TV Movies on DVD and none of them have anything any other broadcast channel has... so I figured that was the case.
Pete