Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467453 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
I see I put that in the wrong thread... used the movie thread.   :bag:

Jefferson don't show up till later. He joined the cast in season 6 and lasted till the end of season 11.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
I see I put that in the wrong thread... used the movie thread.   :bag:

Jefferson don't show up till later. He joined the cast in season 6 and lasted till the end of season 11.
:o

Wow. Well, we barely had the show in Germany (until later) and I only saw it in the US mainly in 1991 (mostly reruns). I had no idea he came so late.

Anyway, I'll blame it on you that I purchased the complete series shortly after posting my previous post, wondering if I really needed it. Found it on the Amazon market place for $40 from a retailer who ships abroad.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
 :laugh: sure.... blame me... why not?  :P
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
Wow. Well, we barely had the show in Germany (until later)
You must have lived in another Germany than me then.

RTL aired all seasons. Mostly in the afternoon-program though.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Wow. Well, we barely had the show in Germany (until later)
You must have lived in another Germany than me then.

RTL aired all seasons. Mostly in the afternoon-program though.
Yeah, but not "until later" ;) And since later means I was working already, afternoon TV was not really an option :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »
     The Devil Inside (2012/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:William Brent Bell
Writing:William Brent Bell (Writer), Matthew Peterman (Writer)
Length:83 min.
Rating:Rated R : Disturbing violent content and grisly images, and for language including some sexual references
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Fernanda Andrade as Isabella Rossi
Simon Quarterman as Father Ben Rawlings
Evan Helmuth as Father David Keane
Ionut Grama as Michael Schaefer
Suzan Crowley as Maria Rossi
Bonnie Morgan as Rosa Sorlini

Plot:
In 1989, emergency responders received a 9-1-1 call from Maria Rossi confessing to three brutal murders. The courts found her insane, but something else found her first. Twenty years later, her daughter Isabella's search for answers leads her to an exorcism by two rogue priests, revealing that her mother is possessed by four powerful demons. Now, Isabella must face pure evil or forsake her soul. Discover why The Devil Inside is the movie critics call "riveting"* and "terrifying."*

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I just recently gotten this one... it was given to me for my birthday from my sister-in-law that knows how much I love horror movies. This movie is done in a format to make you think you are watching film taken for a documentary. It isn't a bad film... but I have definitely seen better in this sub-genre. A lot of the scenes were slow and I had a hard time keeping interested during these slower scenes. But at the same time it easily kept my interest when they had the possessed woman on the screen. The body contortions were pretty wild to watch. It is a fairly short movie coming in at under an hour and a half. I would say if you want to check this one out... be sure you get a good price for it first.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »
     Pathology (2008/United States)

MGM Home Entertainment
Director:Marc Schölermann
Writing:Mark Neveldine [Neveldine] (Writer), Brian Taylor [Taylor] (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Rating:Rated R : Disturbing and Perverse Behavior Throughout, Including Violence, Gruesome Images, Strong Sexual Content, Nudity, Drug Use and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Milo Ventimiglia as Ted Grey
Michael Weston as Jake Gallo
Alyssa Milano as Gwen Williamson
Lauren Lee Smith as Juliette Bath
Johnny Whitworth as Griffin Cavenaugh
John de Lancie as Dr. Quentin Morris

Plot:
The creators of Crank crank up the shock value in this twisted tale of terror that combines pulse-pounding thrills with heart-stopping suspense!

Ted Grey (Milo Ventimiglia) is a brilliant medical student with a promising future in forensics. But when he joins the nation's most prestigious pathology program, he unknowingly becomes a pawn in a terrifying game of death and destruction as his fellow students use their razor-sharp skills to commit unthinkable murders. When the pathological secrets of his colleagues begin to unfold, Ted quickly realizes that what he doesn't know...could kill him.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I never heard of before spotting the DVD at Big Lots for $3. The plot on the back cover sounded pretty good... and Alyssa Milano was mentioned being in it on the front cover... so I figured I would give it a chance. Unfortunately, Alyssa Milano has a rather small part in this movie... She has a tiny part in the beginning of the movie... she wasn't in the middle part of the movie other then a voice on the phone... but then her part really kicked in about the last half hour + of the movie. Not something I would consider a main part... deserving her name on the front cover. But of course since she is so famous they used her name on the cover anyway. The films have some imaginative kills in it... but the storyline can get a bit on the weird side. But at the same time it keeps your interest through-out. I found it was worth the time put in to watch it... but at the same time after watching it I found myself having a hard time deciding what rating to give this one. Finally decided that it just barely made it to a 4 star rating.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »
    Baby Blues (2008/United States)

Phase 4 Films
Director:Lars Jacobson, Amardeep Kaleka
Writing:Lars Jacobson (Writer)
Length:77 min.
Rating:Rated R : Disturbing Violence and Terror, and Brief Drug Use
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Colleen Porch as Mom
Aiden Kersh as Baby Nathan
Ridge Canipe as Jimmy
Sean Johnson as Jake (Friend)
Holden Maynard as Sammy
Kali Majors as Cathy

Plot:
Inspired by true events, Baby Blues tells the terrifying tale of a young ten-year-old boy, Jimmy (Ridge Canipe), who is forced to protect his siblings from an inescapable and unspeakable evil that threatens them on their once tranquil, secluded family farm. This suspenseful tale will keep you on the edge of your seat, and the unexpected terror is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on your mind. Events so startling that you will be hoping and praying that an evil like this never enters the sanity of your home.

Extras:
  • NONE

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have on a Triple Feature DVD release called Gritty Horror Tales. Basically the story of a mother going psycho on her children during a bad case of postpartum depression. For the most part I liked the movie a lot... but there is one downfall for me here. And unfortunately it is a pretty big downfall. I just didn't care about any of the characters. This did take away from the film some. Other then that... the intensity of the story was good. It kept my interest through-out once it got started. Though the first about 20 minutes is a bit slow. Over-all the movie is worth watching.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
     Hoodwinked: Full-Screen Edition (2005/)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Director:Cory Edwards
Writing:Cory Edwards (Screenwriter), Tod Edwards (Screenwriter), Tony Leech (Screenwriter)
Length:81 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Some Mild Action and Thematic Elements
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Anne Hathaway as Red
Glenn Close as Granny
Jim Belushi as The Woodsman
Patrick Warburton as The Wolf
Anthony Anderson as Detective Bill Stork
David Ogden Stiers as Nicky Flippers

Plot:
So you think you know the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Don't be to sure...One of your favorite fairy tales is turned upside-down and inside-out in what the L.A.Times called "high-energy, imaginative entertainment." Whit irreverent storytelling, spunk and wit, Hoodwinked delivers a comedy caper for the young, the young at heart and everyone in between. When the police arrive at Granny's cottage in the woods to answer a domestic disturbance call, it looks like just another open-and-shut case. But Red, Granny, the Big Bad Wolf and the woodsman are not your usual suspects, as they have their own dark secrets, wily deceptions and conflicting accounts of the crime. Together, they must put aside their differences and find their own original twist on Happily Ever After in this "raucous, genre-busting, animated gem (Entertainment Weekly, The Must List)."

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one of the movies that was given to me in a box full of DVDs back in April. When Brittany and I decided to watch a movie together this morning I thought this one would be a good choice. Turns out she had seen it before... but this is the first time I ever seen it. We had a right good time watching this one. Found it to be a cute family film. I thought the way they did this film with a police investigation... having different point of views interwoven together to be a very creative way to tell the story. A story that is a fun play on the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. I thought they did all the characters great... but I must admit I really got a kick out of Twitchy, the squirrel. He was just hilarious to watch. Both Brittany and I laughed out loud more then once while watching that little guy. A character I didn't like? Has to be that damn singing goat! After seeing him on screen for more then a minute I was ready to do some goat hunting! This is one film I recommend checking out if you get the chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
A character I didn't like? Has to be that damn singing goat!

Why am I not surprised?  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »
 :bag: :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
    Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Motion Picture Distribution, Alliance Atlantis
Director:Quentin Tarantino
Writing:Quentin Tarantino (Writer), Quentin Tarantino [Q] (Original Characters By), Uma Thurman (Original Characters By)
Length:111 min.
Rating:Rated 18A : Gory Scenes, Extreme Violence
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Uma Thurman as The Bride
Lucy Liu as O-Ren Ishii
Vivica A. Fox as Vernita Green
Daryl Hannah as Elle Driver
David Carradine as Bill
Michael Madsen as Budd

Plot:
The acclaimed fourth film from groundbreaking writer and director Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) Kill Bill Volume 1 stars Uma Thurman (Pulp Fiction), Lucy Liu (Charlie's Angels, Chicago) and Vivica A. Fox (Two Can Play That Game) in an astonishing, action-packed thriller about brutal betrayal and an epic vendetta! Four years after taking a bullet in the head at her own wedding, The Bride (Thurman) emerges from a coma and decides it's time for payback... with a vengeance! Having been gunned down by her former boss (David Carradine) and his deadly squad of international assassins, it's a kill-or-be-killed fight she doesn't start but is determined to fishish! Loaded with explosive action and outrageous humor, it's a must-see motion picture that has critics everywhere raving!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned
  • 8-Page Booklet

My Thoughts:
This (along with Kill Bill: Vol. 2) was a gift I got for my birthday this past month. As you may notice by the rating used... I was given the Canadian DVD Releases. I have heard a lot of good things about this movie... and the trailer looked like a lot of fun. So I think I went into this one with my expectations higher then they should have been. Thankfully in this case that didn't hurt much... as I still enjoyed this one quite a bit. There is certain aspects of the film I have mixed feelings about. And that is more with how the film was made then it was the story. The use of a couple scenes in Black & White... the use of animation for one of the storylines in the film... and finally jumping around in the story's timeline a bit. I am not saying these things are bad... just more of a distraction for me. But at the same time I found them to be fascinating as I never seen them all used in a film before. So while it did seem to be a bit of a distraction... it was also one of the things I did enjoy about the film when looked at as a whole. Confused? Yeah... me too! Over-all I found the entire movie both fascinating and entertaining. I enjoyed every moment of it. Definitely one I would recommend.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
As you may notice by the rating used... I was given the Canadian DVD Releases.
If it was the french canadian one it would be 16+... Canadians are so sensible :P

One of the few film I've seen rated 18+ here is Wolf Creek and it's probably because it's so awfull that our rating board did try to save us the boredom :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:33:48 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »
 :laugh: I should find out soon enough... it's going to be in the next box of DVDs sent to me. Though not sure when it will be.

I am planning on watching Kill Bill: Vol. 2 tomorrow.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
     Drag Me To Hell: Unrated Director's Cut (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Universal Home Video
Director:Sam Raimi
Writing:Sam Raimi (Writer), Ivan Raimi (Writer)
Length:99 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Alison Lohman as Christine Brown
Justin Long as Clay Dalton
Lorna Raver as Mrs. Ganush
Dileep Rao as Rham Jas
David Paymer as Mr. Jacks
Adriana Barraza as Shaun San Dena

Plot:
Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is on her way to having it all: a devoted boyfriend (Justin Long), a hard-earned job promotion, and a bright future. But when she's forced to make a tough decision that evicts an elderly woman from her house, Christine becomes the victim of an evil curse. Now she has only three days to dissuade a dark spirit from stealing her soul before she is dragged to hell for an eternity of unthinkable torment. Director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man and The Evil Dead Trilogy) returns to the horror genre with a vengeance in the film that critics rave is "the most crazy, fun and terrifying horror movie in years!" (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I originally saw this one on On-Demand a couple years back. I enjoyed it at the time and was wanting to add it to my collection. Thankfully a friend gave it to me last year for my birthday. I held off re-watching it till now. I still found I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though some of it was gag-worthy. Not gory mind you... just the idea of some of this stuff was pretty stomach turning disgusting. I do have to say the ending was pretty predictable.... but even though I seen it coming I still enjoyed watching it. This is not a movie for serious scares. It is more the "just fun to watch" type of entertainment.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete