Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 470915 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »
Already... give us a couple of month at least before we stop Pete :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:21 AM »
Yeah... I was thinking right around August myself. But May is almost half over already... it will be here before we know it!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2012, 12:32:05 AM »
Sound good to me :thumbup:
August is the month I take my "vacancy" at my mother's place every years and this year I won't be able to control what we watch because of the Olympics :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
     National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Unrated Version: Two-Disc Set (2002/United States)

Artisan Home Entertainment
Director:Walt Becker
Writing:Brent Goldberg (Writer), David T. Wagner (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Ryan Reynolds as Van Wilder
Tara Reid as Gwen Pearson
Tim Matheson as Vance Wilder Sr.
Kal Penn as Taj Mahal Badalandabad
Teck Holmes as Hutch
Daniel Cosgrove as Richard Bagg

Plot:
You'll never think of bulldogs, pastries, protein shakes or tutors in the same way again...National Lampoon's Van Wilder stars Rayn Reynolds as a 7th-year student who has no plans to graduate. Life is good for Van; he's got a coed in every closet and a party to go to every night. His slick reputation even catches the eye of sexy Gwen Pearson (Tara Reid), an on-campus reporter to expose the naked truth behind his wild exterior. When Gwen enters his life and his father stops paying for his tuition, could Van's days as the king of Coolidge College be over? Find out for yourself in this outrageous laugh-fest that you're sure to go "nuts" over!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Optional Unrated Menus

My Thoughts:
Just finished watching this one this morning. I been looking forward to it..as I have become a fan of Ryan Reynolds. While I did enjoy it... I was expecting a little more from him. Matter of fact, Tara Reid's performance really didn't feel like it was up to par either. It is a film I did enjoy... but not really sure why I enjoyed it as much as I did. As it really is only average compared to others in it's genre. Though this movie did do one thing a movie hasn't done to me in a long time. I literally gagged at one of their gross-out jokes. For those that seen it... I will say only one word... Pastries. Anyway... if you haven't seen this. I would say it isn't bad... but definitely seen better. Get this one cheap or catch it on cable.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »
You're better than me... I stop the film after 15 minutes when I tried to watch it a while ago, juvenile toilet humour isn't my cup of tea.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
It isn't my favorite type of comedy either... but I can enjoy it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
     Armageddon: The Criterion Collection (1998/United States)

The Criterion Collection, Janus Films
Director:Michael Bay
Writing:Tony Gilroy (Screenwriter), Shane Salerno (Screenwriter), Robert Roy Pool (Story By), Jonathan Hensleigh (Story By), Jonathan Hensleigh (Screenwriter), J. J. Abrams [J.J. Abrams] (Screenwriter)
Length:153 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Bruce Willis as Harry S. Stamper
Billy Bob Thornton as Dan Truman
Ben Affleck as A.J. Frost
Liv Tyler as Grace Stamper
Will Patton as Chick
Steve Buscemi as Rockhound

Plot:
Bruce Willis and an all-star cast of roughneck oil drillers blast off on a mission to save the planet in Michael Bay's doomsday space epic.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Music Videos
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • 6 Page Booklet

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have always liked quite a bit. But this is the first time I watched it since getting the upgrade to The Criterion Collection release. The only real difference in the releases is the extras. Which I watched some of... but not all. When it comes to the movie itself I have heard a couple things online about at... about half the people seem to hate it. Or as I have read a lot that people are enjoying it although it is awful heavy on US patriotism.  And even though I never really thought about it before I can see their point about the patriotism. Lets face it... this is a movie you can't take too seriously. I mean this is little more then a leave your brain checked at the door pop-corn movie. You have some real characters in this movie. In my opinion it is just fun to watch... no more and no less. But I personally enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »
I'm not ready to stop watching horror quite yet... though that time is approaching.  :P
You don't have to follow me Pete, but I've decided to stop watching horror movies completly today untill october. I will have the summer to get more new stuff... I don't have the unwatched pile that you have, so it's my way to be sure to have more unwatched movies in october without drawing in those awfull 50 movies sets.

As I said you don't have to do it right now as it would be really hard for you :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:47:24 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
Good Luck Jimmy!
I was actually thinking about moving mine to July. But not sure yet.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
     Just My Luck (2006/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Donald Petrie
Writing:Jonathan Bernstein (Story By), Mark Blackwell (Story By), James Greer (Story By), I. Marlene King (Story By), I. Marlene King (Screenwriter), Amy B. Harris (Screenwriter)
Length:103 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Some Brief Sexual References
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Lindsay Lohan as Ashley Albright
Chris Pine as Jake Hardin
Samaire Armstrong as Maggie
Bree Turner as Dana
Faizon Love as Damon Phillips
Missi Pyle as Peggy Braden

Plot:
From the director of How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, comes a "funny, twist-of-fate comedy" (KBWB-TV)! Lindsay Lohan lights up the screen as Ashley, the luckiest girl in Manhatten. But little does she know, her good fortune is about to change. When Ashley shares a kiss at a party with Jake, a bad luck magnet, they miraculously switch paths. Suddenly Ashley is plagued by one hilarious disaster after another, and Jake is headed for fame instead of failure. As she desperately races to find Jake and reverse her misfortune, Ashley discovers that her terrible twist of fate is the luckiest thing that ever happened to her.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is a movie that was given to me a while back... but just now getting the chance to watch. It's not a bad movie... though not one I would call great or see myself watching all that often. I guess what I am saying is that it is entertaining for what it is.. just don't go into it expecting too much. The swapping of luck is the one thing I do like about it. And I like how they ended it... where the luck finally is put. I haven't seen much with Lindsay Lohan in it... as I only have a few of her movies. But going by what I did see... she isn't bad. I wouldn't call myself a fan at this point. But I can see myself getting a few more of her movies if the chance arises. My recommendation on this one? Catch it on cable. If you do decide to pick it up... make sure you get it cheap.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
     Taxi: Widescreen (2004/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Tim Story
Writing:Luc Besson (Original Material By), Robert Ben Garant (Screenwriter), Thomas Lennon (Screenwriter), Jim Kouf (Screenwriter)
Length:104 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Language, Sensuality, and Brief Violence
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Queen Latifah as Belle
Jimmy Fallon as Washburn
Henry Simmons as Jesse
Jennifer Esposito as Lt. Marta Robbins
Gisele Bündchen as Vanessa
Ana Cristina De Oliveira as Redhead

Plot:
Sassy hip-hop star Queen Latifah brings hilarious attitude to this hard-driving, high octane comedy! Latifah plays Belle, New York’s finest cabbie, whose taxi-driving expertise – not to mention her loaded-to-the-max vehicle – comes in handy when an overeager young undercover cop (Jimmy Fallon) must crack a bank robbery plot hatched by a gang of sexy supermodels! Don’t miss this tire-squealing, stop-on-a-dime comedy with a topflight cast of stars, including Ann-Margret, supermodel Gisele Bündchen, and NYPD Blue's Henry Simmons.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned
  • Theatrical & Extended Versions

My Thoughts:
Another disc that was in a box full of DVDs that was given to me. I am really not that familiar with Jimmy Fallon. The only other thing I have that I actually seen so far with him in it is Fever Pitch. And while I have nothing against Queen Latifah... I don't consider myself a fan. The trailer looked like it could be fun... but iffy. So I went into this one with low expectations. And it is a good thing I did. As while I did find it entertaining... there was no real laughs. It is pretty bad when the bloopers during the end credits gets more laughs then the movie itself does. But the cars was definitely fun. This is one I can see watching again... but not often.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Check out the original French Taxi films. A lot more fun than this version!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
     Married with Children: The Complete First Season (1987/United States)

Domestic bliss was never like this! Get ready for those outrageous Bundys in MARRIED…WITH CHILDREN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON, featuring all 13 hilarious episodes from the show’s groundbreaking debut season, introducing everybody’s favorite dysfunctional household. This taboo-shattering hit series was often deemed too hot for TV, bringing a blue-collar brand of raunchy humor to America’s idyllic ‘80s TV family, where father definitely doesn’t know best!

Remastered and available on DVD for the first time ever, this collector's favorite lets you get reacquainted with this middle class clan of loveable losers - hard-working lug Al (Ed O'Neill), his couch-potato wife Peg (Katey Sagal). sexy teen daughter Kelly (Christina Applegate), hopelessly horny son Bud (David Faustino), and prudish neighbors Marcy and Steve Rhoades (Amanda Bearse, David Garrison) - as they try to get along without getting on each others nerves! For better or worse, the Bundy's may be broke, but this is one family that's rich in delightfully demented attitude, wild characters, and racy humor!

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Thinnergy
3. Sixteen Years and What Do You Get?
4. But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy
5. Have You Driven a Ford Lately?
6. Whose Room Is It Anyway?
7. Al Loses His Cherry
8. Peggy Sue Got Work
9. Married... Without Children
10. The Poker Game
11. Where's The Boss?
12. Nightmare On Al's Street
13. Johnny Be Gone

Stars:
Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
David Faustino as Bud Bundy

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Married With Children Reunion Special
  • 4 Page Booklet

My Thoughts:
I have owned this set since 2008, and this is the first time I got around to watching this DVD set. Sure... I have seen all the episodes before. I watched the series on TV for years... both in it's original run and in reruns. But it is the first time I watched this DVD set. And the set did offer me something new to watch... the Married with Children Reunion Special... I somehow never even knew they made one. So that was a pleasant surprise.... something I would like to see many other TV Series do. I got to say... I forgot how much fun I always thought this series was. I am going to have to work on adding some more sets to my collection. I do think I enjoy the mid to later seasons a little better then the early seasons.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2012, 06:17:27 AM »
This being a short season and the reunion special make me want to buy this.

Did Jefferson already show up in this first season or did that happen later?

EDIT:
Just checked Amazon. $10 will get me the first season. $40 will get the entire series, although either one not shipped to my location, sold by Amazon themselves the complete series cost $73. Then again, the entire series may not be what I am looking for... (32 discs! :stars:). Only season 1 seems to be sold by others and not ship abroad :headscratch:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:24:58 AM by Achim »