Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes  (Read 15477 times)

Critter

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »
I haven't heard of Deliverance but I see someone shooting a compound bow on the cover which makes me interested.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:02 AM »
I tell you... I am surprised at how much I enjoyed Deliverance. I mean I could almost watch this one again already! If that don't call for a full 5-star rating I don't know what does! Thanks again Achim!  :thumbup:
I think I said it before: If any of the movies I sent you gets such the response then I feel it was worth it to send them to you. Very happy to see that you enjoyed this film so immensely. :thumbup:

I haven't heard of Deliverance but I see someone shooting a compound bow on the cover which makes me interested.
I was about to point out that that is Burt Reynolds shooting it (and he uses it two or three times), but then I realized that you are of the younger crowd and may not know him that well...

Anyway, Deliverance is a movie well worth checking out. The scene with the hillbillies can be disturbing, so be forewarned.

Critter

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 07:20:57 AM »
I've heard the name Burt Reynolds but you're right that I don't really know who it is, apart from the fact that he's clearly an actor. I like seeing archery in any film, even if it is just for a brief time.

snowcat

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
I remember watching Deliverance at an early age... maybe 9 or 10... I was quite scared.

I think I watched it because my mum often says (Upon seeing something hill billy-ish) "It looks like a scene from Deliverance" I don't own a DVD copy but I may have to seek one out at some point.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:36 PM »
I just had a major revelation! You should have said that this was the film with the banjo-off in it and I would have known it straight away haha. That banjo scene is one that I (and I'm sure many other people) know extremely well, such a famous scene as it is! I can't wait to watch the film that that scene I have known for so long came from.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
Achim...
Between this movie and Dead Set and Raging Bull and the upgrade of Day of the Dead (I believe the only 4 I watched so far).... I would say I have really overly enjoyed the package you sent me! They all been pretty great so far!  :thumbup:

Critter...
Yup... this is the movie with that famous scene in it. Which struck me a little weird when I watched it. I always seen that scene referred to as "Dueling Banjos"... and turns out it is one banjo and one guitar. I know I am being overly literal there... but I just trying to say I was expecting 2 banjos when I went into it. :P

Another famous thing that I believe came from this movie... is a line I seen in several movies and TV Shows... "Make you squeal like a pig!"
Pete

Critter

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »
Haha Pete you're right! I never thought about that but it is in fact a banjo and a guitar. What should it be called? Duelling string instruments maybe? Something about the look of the banjo kid just creeps me out, not sure what it is...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
I think it is his eyes... small and squinting. I know when I first started watching the scene I thought maybe he was blind. Then in a scene where they are on the river he (the kid) is on a bridge over the river watching them go by in the canoes. He looking down under the bridge... the sun shining through his big ears. :P
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 05:27:27 PM »
Another famous thing that I believe came from this movie... is a line I seen in several movies and TV Shows... "Make you squeal like a pig!"

...It always scared me in that episode of Rugrats when Tommy and Angelica went to visit some cousins (at a family reunion) one kid was supposed to be like a hill billy... he said to Angelica "Ill make you sequel like a piggy"... scarier when you have seen the film though.

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
I think it is his eyes... small and squinting. I know when I first started watching the scene I thought maybe he was blind. Then in a scene where they are on the river he (the kid) is on a bridge over the river watching them go by in the canoes. He looking down under the bridge... the sun shining through his big ears. :P

That shot is so understated, but it's possibly the finest in the film. Absolutely sublime.