Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Sandra Bullock  (Read 12447 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Sandra Bullock
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »
Oh I understand Tom... it is just weird for me to see that name on that cover is all.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 12:25:35 AM »

Miss Congeniality
Legs waxed. Lips glossed. Gun ready. Special Agent Gracie Hart is going undercover as a hopeful eager to be the next Miss United States. But Gracie doesn't have a beauty-pageant bone in her body.

Sandra Bullock stars as an operative posing as a pageant contestant in order to ferret out a terrorist targeting the event. Michael Caine deliciously plays the frustrated consultant hired to turn Dirty Harriet into a poised beauty. And Benjamin Bratt, Candice Bergen, William Shatner and Ernie Hudson also score points for hilarity in this box-office smash. From big laughs to sly quips, 'Miss Congeniality' hits.

My Thoughts:
I tried to stay away from this movie this weekend... but I couldn't help myself I couldn't have had a Sandra Bullock marathon and not watch what is probably my favorite movie of hers. I really enjoy every minute of it. So much so that I have watched this movie countless times. But I did change it up a bit this time. I watched it with the commentary on. A commentary with Sandra Bullock and the screenwriter. I had a blast listening to this commentary. But that could be because I am such a big fan of Sandra Bullock.  I couldn't help but to laugh when we got to the part where Michael Caine's character had to put the falsies in her bikini top... and Sandra said how awkward she felt about that... and something like Michael Caine couldn't even give her a nice rack compliment.  :laugh:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Note to Jimmy: I already have 2 reviews for this movie up. I see no need to add a 3rd one. So you may want to let this one pass.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 12:47:04 AM »

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
Sandra Bullock returns as Special Agent Gracie Hart in a funny, fabulous 'Miss Congeniality' follow up. This time, she's the bureau's new celebrity face, making the rounds of talk shows (her heroics at the Miss United States Beauty Pageant made her too famous for field work). She also has a new partner (Regina King), an agent with anger-management issues and a dim opinion of pampered Gracie. But when Gracie's friends (returning stars Heather Burns and William Shatner) are kidnapped, nothing can keep Special Agent GS13 out of the action. Look out world. The cover girl is going back undercover!

My Thoughts:
There is just no way I could watch the first one and not follow it with part 2. This one I don't feel was as good as the first one... but was definitely enjoyable. I liked the addition of Regina King... thought her character was a good addition since they changed Sandra Bullock's character so much. The Addition of Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) was a decent addition... though I do think I preferred Michael Caine's character from part 1.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Note to Jimmy: This is a recycled review... no need to add to the list.
Pete